Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Tun Tin, former PM of Burma (1988) dead at 99.

Yeah, and now that's fucking incredible. I came here thiking "it will never be Tun Tin dead".....

• Haha 2

Lord Stoddart, former MP for Swindon (1970–1983) and 2nd oldest member of the House of Lords is 94 today. :party:

One of the few Labour eurosceptics still alive.

John Dallat serving SDLP MLA dies. He was 73.

Update for Susan Bayh. Still fighting the glio, recently had another surgery.  End game in sight?

GAH! Forget it, fell for an old link. 

Edited by Skinny kiltrunner
Dope

Susan Bayh is in extra time.

In terms of deadpooling glioblastoma is even more ... reliable... than other cancers. As people tend to live with it just about "a bit more than a year" you can time it very well.

But there are outliers. My C-team pick Martino Sclavi lived with it for six years. I put him on my team(s) because after several surgeries and two-three years of stability, there was a new growth. Then, some initially successful treatment pushed him from main team to C-team. But that treatment really didn't delay the inevitable.

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Susan Bayh is in extra time.

In terms of deadpooling glioblastoma is even more ... reliable... than other cancers. As people tend to live with it just about "a bit more than a year" you can time it very well.

But there are outliers. My C-team pick Martino Sclavi lived with it for six years. I put him on my team(s) because after several surgeries and two-three years of stability, there was a new growth. Then, some initially successful treatment pushed him from main team to C-team. But that treatment really didn't delay the inevitable.

Yeah, as someone who had Chris Doleman in his #1 spot on his Top 50 list, this was just an oversight by me.  It's now been two years since her glioblastoma surgery.  Would be a big statistical outlier if she sees 2021.  

It’s certainly possible to be an outlier. I believe one of DDT’s past picks was diagnosed with glio in 2011, but died in 2018. So, she could be one of those cases. 
I’m trying to think of other glio cases that lasted two plus years. Downie nearly lasted that long but fell about 2 months short. 

55 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It’s certainly possible to be an outlier. I believe one of DDT’s past picks was diagnosed with glio in 2011, but died in 2018. So, she could be one of those cases. 
I’m trying to think of other glio cases that lasted two plus years. Downie nearly lasted that long but fell about 2 months short. 

Helen Legh lasted about four and a half years. Karen Lewis has had it for five years and counting.

10 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Helen Legh lasted about four and a half years. Karen Lewis has had it for five years and counting.

Karen Lewis hasn't tweeted since November,  and she used to tweet regularly.

3ofT5zdPP9cQqLdh1S.gif

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Absolutely.  You never know.  Of course, it's still wise to play the odds game, in general.  If you're looking for deathlist-y picks, someone suffering from glioblastoma for longer than 12 months is going to be a strong pick for any upcoming year, and if it's been more than 18 months the odds go up even more.

On 27/06/2019 at 20:24, drol said:

Yes, I also read that, but he is a jailbird ad it's just a cold. Mulayam Yadav Singh is in hospital too.

Mulayam Singh Yadav hospitalized again. This dork competes with Alberto Fujimori for the highest number of hospital stays in a lifetime.

Former Alaska Lieutenant governor Byron Mallett is dead at 77  

On 23/01/2009 at 11:25, Raskolnikov said:

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who is 76, is to undergo heart bypass surgery for the second time over the weekend. Could be a unique hit on the DDP for 'Death-Defying' if things get messy.

Manmohan Singh hospitalised. Seems not too serious, but has a long history of diabetes and heart disease.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Manmohan Singh hospitalised. Seems not too serious, but has a long history of diabetes and heart disease.

Interesting, I hadnt realized he's 87 now. 

On 08/05/2020 at 13:43, drol said:

Mulayam Singh Yadav hospitalized again. This dork competes with Alberto Fujimori for the highest number of hospital stays in a lifetime.

Mulayam Singh Yadav, who was discharged from hospital, now hospitalised again.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Mulayam Singh Yadav, who was discharged from hospital, now hospitalised again.

Honestly predictions w/ a lot of Indian politicians is useless - go by conspiracy theories here, a bunch of major politicians (especially party heads) kick the bucket in the hospital and are 'pronounced dead' up to a week later so that various remaining factions in their respective parties can gather and consolidate power before the 'he's dead' drama comes into it.

I say conspiracy theories, but I know of at least once this has happened for sure, per someone who was a doctor for Jayalalithaa when she died.

On 10/05/2020 at 10:41, drol said:

Discharged

On 03/05/2020 at 20:29, drol said:

Yeah, and now that's fucking incredible. I came here thiking "it will never be Tun Tin dead".....

If he had survived a few months more the headline would have been:

Tun Tin's Ton

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

If he had survived a few months more the headline would have been:

Tun Tin's Ton

I wonder if he won Tun Tin's Tontine.

• Haha 2

On 08/02/2020 at 11:41, drol said:

96 today for Drol's favourite Khamtai Siphandon! :birthday:

Not the mighty Khamtai Siphandon, but his favourite henchman Sisavath Keobounphanh has died at 92.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 14:08, drol said:

Shall I suggest Indian freedom fighter and MP Bhabani Charan Pattanayak, who is currently in ICU after developing a cardiac issue? 97 and has been frail for some time.

Bhabani Charan Pattanayak dead at 98.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

Bhabani Charan Pattanayak dead at 98.

Had a birthday (his last) before while still in ICU.

Will the two living ex-MPs who have a 100th birthday scheduled for this year Sir Patrick Duffy (17 June) and Michael Shaw (9 October) make it to the century line? 

• Like 1