Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

On 14/06/2020 at 09:23, Rhys said:

Interestingly, (or uninterestingly depending on your perspective), as of January, she is now the Leader of the Opposition on Staffordshire County Council

Most Interesting fact to me is that she remained living in the area she was MP rather than London where she was living before she got elected

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

She has already survived cancer. Poor lady especially given she is only 28. 

I can imagine Jo Swinson circling like a vulture ...

4 hours ago, Deathrace said:

I guess it depends on your perspective. Survived cancer, and recovering from a brain hemorrhage- sounds pretty lucky to me.

5 hours ago, Deathrace said:

It said she had a condition already before the hemorrhedge occured.Makes you wonder if it is related to the cancer either from reoccurrence and metastasis or a complication from treatment.

According to this Terry Dicks, former Tory MP for Hayes and Harlington, died last night aged 83: https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/remembrance-of-departed-colleagues

Couldn't happen to a nicer homophobic racist - suggest you read up on his awful views on which Wiki can only give a flavour.

Another dead cunt.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

According to this Terry Dicks, former Tory MP for Hayes and Harlington, died last night aged 83: https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/remembrance-of-departed-colleagues

Couldn't happen to a nicer homophobic racist - suggest you read up on his awful views on which Wiki can only give a flavour.

Another dead cunt.

Replaced by John McDonnell (!) who paid this tribute:

"Despite my respect for the conventions of the House, I shall not perjure myself by praising my immediate Tory predecessor. Many saw him simply as a Tory buffoon, and he was once described as a "pig's bladder on a stick". When he chose as his election slogan, "We love Dicks", we were not sure whether to laugh or to call in the obscene publications squad. However, Terry Dicks was not a joke. He was a stain on the character of this House, the Conservative party which harboured him and the good name of my constituency. He brought shame on the political process of this country by his blatant espousal of racism and his various corrupt dealings. He demeaned the House by his presence, and I deeply regret that the Conservative party failed to take action to stem his flow of vile bigotry. Thankfully, my constituents can now say good riddance to this malignant creature."

• Like 5

PS No relation to the late Uncle Terry who was only ever mean to monsters coloured gween...

td.jpg?w=700

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Another dead cunt.

Just read that wiki from him. What is it with MPs with cerebral palsy being utter retards (between him and Jared O'Mara)?

• Haha 1

@Leon Brittan perhaps instead of making angry faces all the time, perhaps you come to praise Terry Dicks, not to bury him?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Another dead cunt.

He was on my Unusual Suspects bench for 2020 and probably would have been for 2021.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, msc said:

Replaced by John McDonnell (!) who paid this tribute:

"Despite my respect for the conventions of the House, I shall not perjure myself by praising my immediate Tory predecessor. Many saw him simply as a Tory buffoon, and he was once described as a "pig's bladder on a stick". When he chose as his election slogan, "We love Dicks", we were not sure whether to laugh or to call in the obscene publications squad. However, Terry Dicks was not a joke. He was a stain on the character of this House, the Conservative party which harboured him and the good name of my constituency. He brought shame on the political process of this country by his blatant espousal of racism and his various corrupt dealings. He demeaned the House by his presence, and I deeply regret that the Conservative party failed to take action to stem his flow of vile bigotry. Thankfully, my constituents can now say good riddance to this malignant creature."

Apart from that he loved the guy ! :o

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Another dead cunt.

Telegraph obit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Former Wichita (Kansas) City Mayor Carl Brewer has died at the age of 63. 

His family confirms the former lawmaker died early Friday morning.

Brewer was Wichita's first African-American elected mayor. He served from 2007 to 2015. Before that, he served on the Wichita City Council representing District 1 from 2001 to 2007.
SC

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 22:14, drol said:

Crook Argentine president Carlos Menem, an older version of Berlusconi, on life support with pneumonia (not COVID), but "fine and in good spirit". I'd like to know how a 90 year old could be admitted to ICU and put on ventilator "just for precautionary measure". 

Improving:

https://www.pagina12.com.ar/273638-mejora-la-salud-de-carlos-menem

Tory MP Tracey Crouch diagnosed with breast cancer.

Seems to be quite a few female mp's/ recently defeated members, being diagnosed in recent years

38 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Tory MP Tracey Crouch diagnosed with breast cancer.

Seems to be quite a few female mp's/ recently defeated members, being diagnosed in recent years

The average 5-year survival rate for women with invasive breast cancer is 91%. The average 10-year survival rate for women with invasive breast cancer is 84%. If the cancer is located only in the breast, the 5-year survival rate of women with breast cancer is 99%.

Absolutely no fucking interest to us.... 
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

The average 5-year survival rate for women with invasive breast cancer is 91%. The average 10-year survival rate for women with invasive breast cancer is 84%. If the cancer is located only in the breast, the 5-year survival rate of women with breast cancer is 99%.

Yup. Partly because you can locate and isolate it quickly as it’s easier to access and operate on than many internal organs.

Also because breast cancer research is heavily funded compared to many other types.

It was a big killer 20 years ago, not so much now. Arguably the likes of Dusty Springfield and Linda McCartney would’ve lived today.

20 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Bernie and Linda Nolan had  treatable stage cancer at first now one is dead and one is terminal.