Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Harold Best, former Labour MP for Leeds North West, reported dead by the current MP for that area:

I only care about MPs who are above 90. When Michael Shaw Ronald Atkins or Mary Holt finally snuffs it let me know ! Otherwise I don't care !

7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I only care about MPs who are above 90. When Michael Shaw Ronald Atkins or Mary Holt finally snuffs it let me know ! Otherwise I don't care !

Since June, there's been quite the strike rate of former MPs aged between 80-84 (if anyone's thinking, hmmm, short of one for my DDP team).

Meanwhile - I'll go out on a limb and say within 12 months, 3 or 4 former MPs aged 90+ will snuff it.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Death Notice for Ronald Timothy Renton, Baron Renton of Mount Harry, who was Nicholas Soames' predecessor as Tory MP for Mid-Sussex between 1974 and 1997: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/243933/renton

Various Ministerial roles over the years.

In fact he was a member of Maggie Thatchers cabinet as Chief Whip in her last year or so, so I guess he was instrumental in her departure. 

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Death Notice for Ronald Timothy Renton, Baron Renton of Mount Harry, who was Nicholas Soames' predecessor as Tory MP for Mid-Sussex between 1974 and 1997: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/243933/renton

Various Ministerial roles over the years.

Missed him for my Ron's team, probably on account of him being called Tim. Why don't people stick to their given names? It would make deadpooling so much easier.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 08:23, adrian0719 said:

Continues to be in a coma with "slightly deranged" kidneys.

Pranab Mukherjee's kidneys back to normal. Improving day!

7 hours ago, drol said:

Pranab Mukherjee's kidneys back to normal. Improving day!

I think he will probably survive. 

On 30/08/2020 at 02:37, CoffinLodger said:

I think he will probably survive. 

Thanks, Iain, you led us straight to him! 

Pranab in very critical condition after septic shock

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, drol said:

So, I think all of CoffinLodger/Iain's statements have aged like milk!

51 minutes ago, drol said:

You're welcome..I think ..:unsure:

And for my next trick I predict Donald Trump will not catch corona virus and die!^_^

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

And for my next trick I predict Donald Trump will not catch corona virus and die!^_^

No, he'll be assassinated in Kinosha…..allegedly.....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No, he'll be assassinated in Kinosha…..allegedly.....

Okay, I'm pretty sure his future predictions will definitely age like milk again!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

APparentely he was the 'best PM India never had' .I had never heard of him until 3 weeks ago ! I feel a bit guilty now that I ,might have hastened his demise...:unsure: https://www.ndtv.com/people/called-best-pm-india-never-had-pranab-mukherjee-had-bipartisan-respect-2288152

It's okay to be guilty... BTW, I think some of your predictions can come true!

Martin O’Neill, Baron O’Neill of Clackmannan, former Labour MP for Clackmannan and Eastern Stirlingshire (1979-1983) and Ochil Clackmannan (1983-1997) and Ochil (1997-2005), has reportedly died aged 75. Served in Kinnock’s Shadow Cabinet as Defence Secretary from 1988-1992.

Edit: The Guardian obituary.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Martin O’Neill, Baron O’Neill of Clackmannan, former Labour MP for Clackmannan and Eastern Stirlingshire (1979-1983) and Ochil Clackmannan (1983-1997), has reportedly died aged 75. Served in Kinnock’s Shadow Cabinet as Defence Secretary from 1988-1992.

And MP for Ochil (1997–2005).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Martin O’Neill, Baron O’Neill of Clackmannan, former Labour MP for Clackmannan and Eastern Stirlingshire (1979-1983) and Ochil Clackmannan (1983-1997) and Ochil (1997-2005), has reportedly died aged 75. Served in Kinnock’s Shadow Cabinet as Defence Secretary from 1988-1992.

Sad news.He was a  great man. I was expecting Hattersley or Prescott to go next...

PS here is a full list of members of Kinnocks shadow cabinet .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Cabinet_of_Neil_Kinnock Who will go next? You decide! 

• Like 1

Seems to have passed us by unspotted: 

John Scott, 69, Scottish Conservative MSP for Ayr (since 2000) has "survived" a gruelling battle with pancreatic cancer.

Worth keeping an eye on. Whilst his surgery has undoubtedly saved his life and he plans to continue with work, the 5 year prognosis is still slim for any pancreatic cancer sufferers. Some people can go on for a bit with it (Aretha Franklin, Patrick Swayze) but it's rare to survive it outright.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Seems to have passed us by unspotted: 

John Scott, 69, Scottish Conservative MSP for Ayr (since 2000) has "survived" a gruelling battle with pancreatic cancer.

Worth keeping an eye on. Whilst his surgery has undoubtedly saved his life and he plans to continue with work, the 5 year prognosis is still slim for any pancreatic cancer sufferers. Some people can go on for a bit with it (Aretha Franklin, Patrick Swayze) but it's rare to survive it outright.

Stage IV. He's had the full whipple surgery. There had been health rumblings but the Tories kept the full thing quiet till he was "on the mend".

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Stage IV. He's had the full whipple surgery. There had been health rumblings but the Tories kept the full thing quiet till he was "on the mend".

Irresponsible of him to restand for election next year IMHO.