Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Lord Kilcloony has been called out for racist tweets again.This time about Kamala Harris.Turns 83 next month and doesn't exactly look the picture of health.

Official_portrait_of_Lord_Kilclooney_crop_2.jpg

"Hello, Bernard Matthews? Yes, I'd like to report that one of your twizzlers is on the loose."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Lord Kilcloony has been called out for racist tweets again.This time about Kamala Harris.Turns 83 next month and doesn't exactly look the picture of health.

How dare you. As if calling the next Vice President of the United States 'the Indian' is racist when you don't know her name! Surely you realise it's easier to just be racist than find out her name before you send your inane tweet? :rolleyes:

They never learn do they? Note, he apologised for offence caused but not for his original comment.

• Haha 1

Ken Clarke made a not so common nowadays TV appearance last night on Robert Peston's show. For an 80 year old boozehound who has had periods of ill health in the last few years, he looked and sounded in fine fettle.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Ken Clarke made a not so common nowadays TV appearance last night on Robert Peston's show. For an 80 year old boozehound who has had periods of ill health in the last few years, he looked and sounded in fine fettle.

He will live for many years to come but I am expecting at least one of Maggie Thatchers vegetables..sorry cabinet members to die any day now. In particular look out for news on Douglas Hurd...

9 minutes ago, Marenghi said:

His mother died last month at 101. He did not inherit her longevity it seems.

EDIT: COVID again.

• Like 4

Hasan Muratovic dead at 80.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasan_Muratović

Last person to hold the title of Prime Minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina but not the last one alive. Died from COVID complications and was a professor emeritus at the university of Sarajevo, a part-time professor and a consultant.

Two people alive who have held this title:

Mile Akmadzic (b. 1939)

Haris Silajdzic (b. 1945)

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Roger Jepsen, US Senator for Iowa (R) from 1979-1985, has died age 91.

Another elderly former US senator dead who's not Bob Dole. Dammit ! How long can he go on??????

9 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Another elderly former US senator dead who's not Bob Dole. Dammit ! How long can he go on??????

Long enough to tickle your autistic obsession with him.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Sure it's the same guy?

1 hour ago, drol said:

Sure it's the same guy?

Actually, not. Has it already been two years??? And there are two Shawkat Alis?

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Actually, not. Has it already been two years??? And there are two Shawkat Alis?

One Shawkat Ali was a Bangladeshi writer and died in 2018 aged 81. Another Shaukat Ali is a Pakistani singer who gets critical with liver issues once in a while.

4 hours ago, drol said:

One Shawkat Ali was a Bangladeshi writer and died in 2018 aged 81. Another Shaukat Ali is a Pakistani singer who gets critical with liver issues once in a while.

Yeah, pretty sure the Cup Shawkat Ali was the writer. He was hospitalized in February 2017 and picked in the March 2017 Cup round.

5 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Yeah, pretty sure the Cup Shawkat Ali was the writer. He was hospitalized in February 2017 and picked in the March 2017 Cup round.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure we were told the 2017 Cup one died not that long afterwards.

3 hours ago, msc said:

If it helps, I'm pretty sure we were told the 2017 Cup one died not that long afterwards.

January 2018 according to the search bar.

On 10/01/2020 at 13:28, Ulitzer95 said:

Edwin Edwards (also listed above)

Seemingly indestructible Edwin Edwards discharged after two days spent in hospital with "a bad cold" (no, not the COVID).

On 04/05/2020 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

Lord Stoddart, former MP for Swindon (1970–1983) and 2nd oldest member of the House of Lords is 94 today. :party:

One of the few Labour eurosceptics still alive.

Dead.

RIP. Genuinely great guy. Interviewed him for my uni dissertation. He was still working right to the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dead.

RIP. Genuinely great guy. Interviewed him for my uni dissertation. He was still working right to the end.

I'm not a Labour man but anyone who stood up to the eu is a friend of mine 

• Like 2

Just waiting for a QO for Lord Stoddart.A unique hit for me in DDP.