Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

13 minutes ago, arghton said:

6904947_lubomir-strougal-premier-predseda-vlady-ksc-komunista-komunismus-normalizace-v0i.thumb.jpg.3ba7e09a71b49d6dd2ac7107b9c87c86.jpg

Lubomír Štrougal (b. 1924) Also able to stand and walk despite it was lately reported that he has problems with his memory. I'm not sure if this picture is new, but probably 2020/2021

Photo is from 2012 when he was 88.

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Glitchy Modern Movie Title One Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  23770225 | Shutterstock

I knew him and have only just found out. Mike was a great guy.

Go fuck yourself. You are the biggest cunt on here.

7 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Eat my ass, pussy

Not a very good friend if you only found out about it 1 month later, sensitive lil boy

58 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Eat my ass, pussy

Not a very good friend if you only found out about it 1 month later, sensitive lil boy

Everything was kept private by his grieving family.

As I said before, go fuck yourself!

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

He really isn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

Why don’t you just do the sensible thing – use the search function to see if it’s already been posted? If it hasn’t then post it yourself. If it has, then quote the original post if you want to discuss it further. There’s no point in double posting everything. Not trying to be a dick to you… you’d actually save yourself a lot of time.

Who will be the last of these six alive Cambodian leaders?

Khieu Samphan (1931-) Pol Pot's Head of State 1976-1979, Prime Minister 1976. Nonagenarian serving a life sentence in jail, appealed his conviction in August 2021.

His Excellency Samdech Akkeak Moha Ponhea Chakrei Heng Samrin MP (1934-) Head of State 1979-1992. Still active, can walk without a cane, could actually be the most healthy person on this list.

His Royal Highness, Samdech Krom Preah Norodom Ranariddh (1944-2021) First Prime Minister 1993-1997. Widowed from his wife who was 35 years younger than him in 2018 after a car crash, in a wheelchair and frail-looking in 2019.

Ung Huot (1945-) First Prime Minister 1997-1998. Completely disappeared from public after Hun Sen took over his position after a short period of "co-rule", not seen much nowadays.

Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen (1952-) Prime Minister 1984-, former Khmer Rouge fighter and now a dictator. Partially blind from war injuries, stroke-ish face in an UN speech in September 2021.

King Norodom Sihamoni (1953-) King of Cambodia 2004-, sometimes goes to China (October 2020, March 2021) for month-long "medical checkups" with his mother. Does not have a successor and is a lifelong bachelor.

On 03/05/2021 at 15:21, arghton said:

Some elderly/frail Vice Presidents:

Krastyu Trichkov (b. 1923) First Deputy Chairman 1971-1972. Unknown of alive.

Nguyễn Thị Bình (b. 1928) Vietnamese VP 1992-2002. Also a Paris Peace Accords negotiator. Out of the key figures in the negotiations, only she, Thích Nhất Hạnh and Henry Kissinger are alive.

Teofisto Guingona Jr. (b. 1928) Philippines VP 2001-2004, looks frail.

Moody Awori (b. 1928) Kenya VP 2003-2008

Assadullah Sarwari (b. 1930) Afghanistan VP 1978. Convicted war criminal and cold war-era spy chief.

José Ramón Machado Ventura (b. 1930) Cuba VP 2008-2013.

Roberto Carpio Nicolle (b. 1930) Guatemala VP 1986-1991.

Rifaat al-Assad (b. 1937) Syrian VP 1984-1998

I don't get where the 1930 birthdate for Sarwari comes from. His age was given as 64 by Italian newspapers in 2006, that would mean he was born in 1942 and it is way more consistent with his physical appearance. Think 1930 was added by some trolls on Wiki. All policies but this easily goes through.

Plus I think this guy with a Wiki page has never existed. Phew.

22 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why don’t you just do the sensible thing – use the search function to see if it’s already been posted? If it hasn’t then post it yourself. If it has, then quote the original post if you want to discuss it further. There’s no point in double posting everything. Not trying to be a dick to you… you’d actually save yourself a lot of time.

You're another pedant and can fuck off too.

14 minutes ago, Kenny said:

You're another pedant and can fuck off too.

Deathray? 

On 03/06/2021 at 23:43, gcreptile said:

Sir Anerood Jugnauth, the juggernaut of Mauritius politics has died at 91:

https://www.africanews.com/2021/06/03/mauritius-former-prime-minister-sir-anerood-jugnauth-dies-aged-91/

Also, I was reading the "List of Prime Ministers of Elizabeth II" page on wikipedia: Jugnauth was the last Prime Minister of a state that became a republic during her reign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prime_ministers_of_Elizabeth_II

Also, none of Elizabeth's Prime Ministers living from before 1980 - the 28 first years of her reign after the death of Papua New Guinean Michael Somare (1936-2021)

Earliest one alive is also an Papua New Guinean, Julius Chan (b. 1939). His first term as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea started on the 11th of March 1980.

790326410_Nyttkuva2021-06-14011435.png.a1b76ff529442d428100d87ecc203cd7.png

Somare and Chan, September 2020.

23 minutes ago, arghton said:

Also, I was reading the "List of Prime Ministers of Elizabeth II" page on wikipedia: Jugnauth was the last Prime Minister of a state that became a republic during her reign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prime_ministers_of_Elizabeth_II

Also, none of Elizabeth's Prime Ministers living from before 1980 - the 28 first years of her reign after the death of Papua New Guinean Michael Somare (1936-2021)

Earliest one alive is also an Papua New Guinean, Julius Chan (b. 1939). His first term as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea started on the 11th of March 1980.

790326410_Nyttkuva2021-06-14011435.png.a1b76ff529442d428100d87ecc203cd7.png

Somare and Chan, September 2020.

Incorrect.

Joe Clark, who was Prime Minster of Canada between 4th June 1979 and 3rd March 1980, is still alive.

What do you have to say about that?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Incorrect.

Joe Clark, who was Prime Minster of Canada between 4th June 1979 and 3rd March 1980, is still alive.

What do you have to say about that?

My vision squeezed him between the Pierre Trudeaus

On 15/03/2021 at 11:28, arghton said:

2. The three alive former Presidents of Zambia: Kenneth Kaunda (born 1924), Rupiah Banda (born 1937) and Guy Scott (born 1944)

Guy Scott celebrated his 77th birthday two weeks ago. I've searched and seen no new birthday pictures except this one posted on twitter, probably an old picture though:

E2EqDRXX0AEXmg_.jpg.735b250d36a94c9435178a41b600bf05.jpg

There was some talk about Prime Ministers/Presidents outliving their cabinets in the Carter thread. Toshiki Kaifu (1931-2022) Japanese Prime Minister 1989-1991 has outlived nearly all of his cabinet except, according to his cabinet's Japanese wiki page:

Taro Nakayama (b. 1924) Foreign Affairs minister

Michihiko Kano (1942-2021) Minister of Agriculture

Hikaru Matsunaga (1928-2022) Trade and Industry minister

Mayumi Moriyama (1927-2021) Chief Cabinet secretary

Hajime Ishii (1934-2022)

11 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Enrique Bolanos, President of Nicaragua from 2002 to 2007, died at 93 years:

https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/mundo/muere-el-expresidente-de-nicaragua-enrique-bolanos/10001-4562807

He was one of the wealthiest Nicaraguans due to his cotton and real estate money.

Aaaand not a hit in the oldest living state leaders DP because he wasn't in the top 30: he was 32nd on the top 100 list despite being 93. If he had been born 3 days before, we would've finally gotten a hit after over six months!

Bolanos was number 50 two years ago.

New name on the top100 list after Bolanos's death is Vitold Fokin, first Prime Minister of Ukraine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arghton said:

Aaaand not a hit in the oldest living state leaders DP because he wasn't in the top 30: he was 32nd on the top 100 list despite being 93. If he had been born 3 days before, we would've finally gotten a hit after over six months!

Bolanos was number 50 two years ago.

New name on the top100 list after Bolanos's death is Vitold Fokin, first Prime Minister of Ukraine.

Actually there would be a bunch of people before him. Not even close. 

On 25/04/2021 at 14:31, arghton said:

Jyrki Kasvi update:

Got access to two experimental medicines. He has two mutations that cause the cancer to spread unstoppably despite treatment and medicines but still hopes that these will work.

As I've mentioned before his bladder, both kidneys, prostate and spleen have been removed. 60% of his liver still works.

He has planned his funeral, done all the paperwork but hopes he'll have more time. 

(https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/a/f5b51676-f561-46a0-a746-d06b8bf6522d)

Another Jyrki Kasvi update:

https://puheenvuoro.uusisuomi.fi/jyrkikasvi/nena-maha-letkun-arvoinen-uutinen/

Apparently a part of his small intestine slipped outside through a hernia or something (???)

His liver metastasis has shrinked, meaning that the experimental medicines are working. He has passed his life expectancy by atleast a month and it's nearly six months since he entered hospice care. Seems like he wants to spend one last summer on his summer cottage.

More drol fodder: Khaleda Zia, former female PM of Bangladesh has survived COVID, but is still extremely ill, with heart, kidney and liver problems and .... arthritis. 

http://www.uniindia.com/~/bangladesh-ex-pm-khaleda-zia-extremely-ill-needs-better-treatment-mirza-fakhrul/World/news/2424265.html

However, Bangladesh is one of those countries where every former PM seems to be in prison, and she has been, too. So maybe it's a little exaggerated.

On 18/06/2021 at 12:48, gcreptile said:

More drol fodder: Khaleda Zia, former female PM of Bangladesh has survived COVID, but is still extremely ill, with heart, kidney and liver problems and .... arthritis. 

http://www.uniindia.com/~/bangladesh-ex-pm-khaleda-zia-extremely-ill-needs-better-treatment-mirza-fakhrul/World/news/2424265.html

However, Bangladesh is one of those countries where every former PM seems to be in prison, and she has been, too. So maybe it's a little exaggerated.

Bangladesh has a lot of good political picks:

Three former President amigos Shahabuddin Ahmed (1930-2022), Badruddoza Chowdhury (b. 1932) and Muhammad Jamiruddin Sircar (b. 1931)

As drol said, Shahabuddin has been gravely ill for years, Chowdhury looks corpse-like in most new photos and Sircar suffered a stroke two years ago.

Former Prime Ministers: Fazlul Haque (b. 1938) and Fakhruddin Ahmed (b. 1940), Ahmed still looks great though.

Current leaders, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and President Abdul Hamid are 73 and 77.

52 minutes ago, arghton said:

Bangladesh has a lot of good political picks:

Three former President amigos Shahabuddin Ahmed (b. 1930), Badruddoza Chowdhury (b. 1932) and Muhammad Jamiruddin Sircar (b. 1931)

As drol said, Shahabuddin has been gravely ill for years, Chowdhury looks corpse-like in most new photos and Sircar suffered a stroke two years ago.

Former Prime Ministers: Fazlul Haque (b. 1938) and Fakhruddin Ahmed (b. 1940), Ahmed still looks great though.

Current leaders, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and President Abdul Hamid are 73 and 77.

I have granted Shahabuddin Ahmed a few more years by virtue of selecting him for my DDP. Its a tried and trusted method, just ask Desmond Tutu.