Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Roger Stuart Bacon (wiki), 21st Premier of Nova Scotia (1990–1991), dead at 95.

Premier-Thb-RogerStuartBacon.jpg.0e09d85826ba437298304518f26df8f7.jpg

Surprisingly, this means there are now no living former Canadian Premiers aged 90+ from its 10 provinces and 3 territories.

• Like 4

Guardian obit for Labour politician Reg Chrimes (wiki), aged 96.

Councillor from 1949 to 2007(!) and a candidate in the 1951 and 1955 general elections, meaning he was one of the earliest surviving GE candidates.

• Like 4

https://raajje.mv/107511

Faisal Naseem, current VP of the Maldives hospitalised after falling ill.

Only 48, but he was also hospitalised in February and had covid in May.

On 07/07/2021 at 14:42, msc said:

James Brokenshire resigns from government as his recovery from lung cancer is "taking longer than expected".

James Brokenshire dead apparently: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 3

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The statement mentions he declined rapidly from Sunday onwards.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://en.armradio.am/2021/10/06/ambassador-vigen-chitechyan-dies-aged-80/

Vigen Chitechyan, Armenian politician and ambassador to France (1995-1997, 2009-2021), Belgium (1997-2009), EU (1997-2009), Netherlands (1997-2009), Luxembourg (1997-2010), Andorra (2011-2021), Monaco (2011-2021) and the Holy See (2012-2013) dead aged 80.

I love it how every. single. time. someone reports a big death, you like to come in immediately afterwards, burying it with the non-news of some complete non-entity dying as if you want the spotlight instead.

This obscure bloke has been listed on Deaths in 2021 on Wiki for over 24 hours. We've all seen it by now.

Brokenshire had a pretty unpalatable voting record in my view, but 53 is no age and no family deserves this. Shame.

57 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I love it how every. single. time. someone reports a big death, you like to come in immediately afterwards, burying it with the non-news of some complete non-entity dying as if you want the spotlight instead.

This obscure bloke has been listed on Deaths in 2021 on Wiki for over 24 hours. We've all seen it by now.

I had no idea this guy was a "big death" and was planning on mentioning Vigen for hours but didn't have the time. Sorry for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Arrrggghhh... there goes another potential Drop 40 candidate...

I also would have predicted that he would've been included on the DeathList.

• Like 3

Report of the death of Andy Howell, aged 64, former Deputy Leader of Birmingham City Council.

A Labour councillor between 1991 and 2003, he was also the son of Labour MP (and later peer) Denis Howell (wiki, 1923–1998).

• Like 3

Former Iranian president Abolhassan Banisadr dead at 88.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 16/09/2021 at 21:20, Ulitzer95 said:

Ok, said I'd take a look at this and it's not a perfect list by any means but here are the surviving heads of state and government from the Cold War (12 March 1947 – 26 December 1991).

I've stuck to the main participants of the Cold War as defined on this Wiki page (i.e. the Eastern and Western Blocs), as opposed to spreading this too thinly and covering every single country who played a role in an event(s) of the period.

Western Bloc

*snip*

Iran
Ali Khamenei (b. 1939)
Abolhassan Banisadr (b. 1933)
Mir-Hossein Mousavi (b. 1942)

*snip*

The first off my Cold War leaders list since it was compiled less than a month ago!

If they expire at that rate, QEII to outlive all of them. :D

On 25/09/2021 at 22:39, arghton said:

https://www.banglanews24.com/english/politics/news/bd/91486.details

Khaleda Zia's prison sentence recently frozen for six months by Sheikh Hasina, her (former) political rival and current Prime Minister and Home Affairs minister Asaduzzaman Khan due to "age and humanitarian ground"

"Zia will receive treatment staying in country and will not be allowed to travel abroad during the release period"

Sounds a bit like they don't expect her to live long

https://m.daily-bangladesh.com/english/Khaleda-Zia-hospitalised-again/64885

Khaleda Zia hospitalised once again due to her condition deteriorating. 

https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/2021/10/12/raul-baduel-exministro-defensa-venezuela-muerte-carcel-orix/

Raul Baduel, Venezuela's Defence Minister 2006-2008 dead aged 66 from cardiorespiratory arrest and covid.

He was purged from Chavez's leadership in 2008 and arrested at gunpoint in 2009. The Guardian at the time said that "his crime was to realize that Chavez was a tyrant", HRW mentioned him as an example of political persecution and Jimmy Carter expressed concern about the case. He was freed in 2015 and seems to have been arrested again in 2017.

• Like 2

On 24/04/2021 at 17:47, drol said:

As predicted, Manmohan shows no further symptoms.

Manmohan hospitalised again. 

He was given ten years to live eleven years ago. Don't think it's his time, but nearing anyway. 

• Like 1

Dale Kildee has died aged 92 (b. 1929-2021). He was a mainstay in the U.S House of Rep. serving from 1977-2013. The seat he held (Michigan) is now held by his nephew Dan Kildee. Kildee was involved in local state politics since 1965 being a state rep. from 1965-1974 and a state sen. from 1975-1976. Most notable thing he did (in my opinion) was create the Native American Caucus in the House. Kildee was the 29th oldest living House of Rep. (either former or current). 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/576613-former-rep-dale-kildee-dies-at-92

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 15:30, arghton said:

https://m.daily-bangladesh.com/english/Khaleda-Zia-hospitalised-again/64885

Khaleda Zia hospitalised once again due to her condition deteriorating. 

https://www.tbsnews.net/bangladesh/politics/khaleda-needs-go-abroad-treatment-fakhrul-315343

Khaleda Zia's supporters, family and party says that she needs to go abroad for treatment. She has previously suffered from heart, kidney and liver diseases, diabetes, lung troubles and bad arthritis, now has fever and is now reported to be suffering from rheumatroid arhritis, ophthalmological and dental complications...The Daily Star also mentions high blood sugar, urinary tract infection and "other old-age problems" (+depression), some of this might be post-covid stuff.

I don't know how much of this is lies but she is not well and her health seems to have actually declined after catching covid.

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

?

Just now, drol said:

?

Ended up moving the obit elsewhere and didn't expect the posting would still be there.