Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

As mentioned in Foreign Personalities, former Prime Minister of South Korea in 2015 Lee Wan-koo has died aged 71 from multiple myeloma.

https://www.chosun.com/politics/politics_general/2021/10/14/S42NWCLTFZAHTE4DBKBP75VUK4/

He has around 20 living predecessors, youngest ones born in 1952:

Chung Hong-won (1944-) 2013-2015

Kim Hwang-sik (1948-) 2010-2013

Yoon Jeung-hyun (1946-) Acting 2010

Chung Un-chan (1947-) 2009-2010

Han Seung-soo (1936-) 2008-2009

Han Duck-soo (1949-) 2007-2009, acting 2006

Kwon Oh-kyu (1952-) Acting 2007

Han Myeong-sook (1944-) 2006-2007

Lee Hae-chan (1952-) 2004-2006

Lee Hun-jai (1944-) Acting 2004, Acting 2000

Goh Kun (1938-) 2003-2004, 1997-1998

Kim Suk-soo (1932-) 2002-2003

Chang Dae-wan (1952-) Acting 2002

Jeon Yun-churl (1939-) Acting 2002

Chang Sang (1939-) Acting 2002

Lee Soo-sung (1939-) 1995-1997

Lee Hong-koo (1934-) 1994-1995

Lee Hoi-Chang (1935-) 1993-1994

Ro Jai-bong (1936-) 1990-1991

Lee Hyun-jae (1929-) 1988.

And also dies before nonagenarian Chun Doo-hwan, the former dictator of the country who has the same cancer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drol said:

Manmohan hospitalised again. 

He was given ten years to live eleven years ago. Don't think it's his time, but nearing anyway. 

Manmohan is being visited by lot of prominent politicians (among which Rahul Gandhi) in hospital, and that's a tad suspicious...

FBrcodNUYAEcF4q.thumb.jpg.1f24f2d29e16edb86408eb02cae6e38e.jpg

This picture has been shared on twitter, claimed that it's Manmohan Singh but I couldn't find actual proof of this.

4 hours ago, arghton said:

This picture has been shared on twitter, claimed that it's Manmohan Singh but I couldn't find actual proof of this.

Certainly looks like him if you zoom in. If it is, he’s a goner.

• Like 1

Bill Clinton reportedly hospitalised with sepsis. Reportedly “recovering “ and “in good spirits”. Perhaps one to watch for 2022?

• Like 4

Southend Tory MP David Amess stabbed multiple times at constituency surgery.

EDIT: In before some cunt says he’s been made Amess of.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 4

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

Southend Tory MP David Amess stabbed multiple times at constituency surgery.

Christ. 3rd time this has happened in just over a decade (Stephen Timms and Jo Cox being the other two).

May lead to the end of face to face constituent advice surgeries, which would be a tragedy as they're such a healthy and strong part of British democracy.

• Like 1

Ah, Amess' wish for Southend to become a city gets closer and closer...

Cos cities are where the stabbings are, innit?

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ambulance has been there for 2 hours. Hard to know if that's good or bad

Bad I would think.

18 hours ago, arghton said:

Recovering, obviously.

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

thats not just bad thats terrible 

I wonder if the assailant has mental health issues rather than anything to do with terror?

Amess is quite a moderate voice on the green benches. Very well liked cross party and a charismatic figure. A Brexiteer, but during the referendum campaign, his contribution was always about convincing those on the opposing side rather than antagonising. Big champion of animal rights and energy conservation as well. Met him on a number occasions when I worked in energy. Never heard a bad word against him, and there are few MPs I could say that for.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The BBC website is displaying a picture from the scene, which shows a paramedic car, but not a traditional ambulance, they also report an air ambulance sent to the scene. If he's still in there, there's only one way he's coming out, but I'd assume he's already at hospital. The golden hour is way gone.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I wonder if the assailant has mental health issues rather than anything to do with terror?

If you ask me you need to be wrong in the head* to cross the "wound/kill someone" divide in general, outside of certain conditions (ie self-defence for example). Amess not an MP I normally agree with often but that's frankly irrelevant right now. Hopefully he recovers though it sounds quite grim tbh.

*And of course this isn't a "mental health = excuse" comment before anyone jumps in. Millions of us have mental health issues and manage to not go round trying to murder other people after all. 

• Like 2

Only when a public figure is there this kind of coverage (well, hey they are public figures).

Stabbings are becoming more and more commonplace across the country. Most folk perhaps give a passing nod to the odd story that occurs and move on.

All I can say is we wouldn't be having this conversation about his possible survival if we all had guns, thank god.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, time said:

The BBC website is displaying a picture from the scene, which shows a paramedic car, but not a traditional ambulance, they also report an air ambulance sent to the scene. If he's still in there, there's only one way he's coming out, but I'd assume he's already at hospital. The golden hour is way gone.

I think he's still there. We'd have surely heard by now if he was at the hospital even if we didn't know what condition he  was in 

Just been told over the phone that he's died. How awful.

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 2

47 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Christ. 3rd time this has happened in just over a decade (Stephen Timms and Jo Cox being the other two).

May lead to the end of face to face constituent advice surgeries, which would be a tragedy as they're such a healthy and strong part of British democracy.

Plus in 2000 Nigel Jones Mp was injured and his assistant Andrew Pennington was fatally wounded in an attack on his constituency surgery. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Only when a public figure is there this kind of coverage (well, hey they are public figures).

Stabbings are becoming more and more commonplace across the country. Most folk perhaps give a passing nod to the odd story that occurs and move on.

All I can say is we wouldn't be having this conversation about his possible survival if we all had guns, thank god.

I believe knife crime figures as whole have gone down slightly compared to a few years ago. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Plus in 2000 Nigel Jones Mp was injured and his assistant Andrew Pennington was fatally wounded in an attack on his constituency surgery. 

Yes, and going back further, wasn't a Northern Irish MP killed at his surgery in the early 90s? I can't think who though.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I believe knife crime figures as whole have gone down slightly compared to a few years ago. 

Uptick since people came out of isolation. No credit to anyone for crime numbers going down during a pandemic.

If Ulitzer is correct, RIP to him.