Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Didn't someone open a thread for the Indian subcontinent?

4 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.newagebd.net/article/159041/index.php

Khaleda Zia undergoes surgery to stop some of the bleeding

Please don't feed the troll.

I'll just update & edit what happens next into that post. Can't she just die already for fucks sake? 

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

I'll just update what happens next into that post. Can't she just die already for fucks sake? 

She is trolling. There's only one solution for this:

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 01:22, arghton said:

In other news, Nursultan Nazarbayev, Kazakhstan's first President celebrated his 81st birthday by getting two new statues built of...himself. (https://globalvoices.org/2021/07/06/kazakhstan-celebrates-its-leader-with-two-more-statues/)

nan-statue2-768x736.jpg.c7044ac8033dfd561f80ff2e4a3085a6.jpg

Here's Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, the current (puppet) President unveiling a giant statue of his predecessor, "Chairman of the Security Council of Kazakhstan" Nazarbayev. He's the last one still ruling of the initial leaders of the states created when the Soviet Union broke and unless there's a coup or he's somehow overthrown by his own party, he'll rule until he's dead.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/kazakhstan-government-resigns-after-violent-protests-over-fuel-price-2022-01-05/

President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev sacks former president Nursultan Nazarbayev from his post as Chairman of the Security Council and the government of the country has resigned. Protestors have seized an airport and the presidential palace is on fire. 

• Like 3

Great, can we go back to calling the capital Astana now?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/kazakhstan-government-resigns-after-violent-protests-over-fuel-price-2022-01-05/

President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev sacks former president Nursultan Nazarbayev from his post as Chairman of the Security Council and the government of the country has resigned. Protestors have seized an airport and the presidential palace is on fire. 

Nursultan Nazarbayev has reportedly left the country "for medical reasons"/disappeared, Russian paratroopers trying to help Kassym-Jomart Tokayev in crushing the protests.

Can't deny I'm praying for an arab spring domino effect to happen there. (Russia's Putin, Tajikistan's Emomali Rahmon, Turkmenistan's Gurbanguly "Horse" Mälikgulyýewiç Berdimuhamedow, Uzbekistan's Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Azerbaijan's Ilham Aliyev)

On 05/11/2021 at 14:37, Ulitzer95 said:

Whilst I'm here... just noticed that Labour life peer Robert Hughes (wiki) has taken leave of absence from the House of Lords.

Last spoken contribution in parliament was in December 2019 when he was sworn in. Noticeably struggled. Turns 90 on 3rd Jan and has looked like shit for years. I don't imagine he'll be returning...

He was also the MP for Aberdeen North from 1970 to 1997 and chair of the British Anti-Apartheid Movement from 1976 to its dissolution in 1995.

1200px-official_portrait_of_lo.jpg.14ec18d9471a87a5145a4852864ace18.jpg

Called it!

I should've taken my own advice and stuck him on my DDP team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Called it!

I always listen to my own advice re my DDP teams.

Sadly, I'm an unreliable informant.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Called it!

I should taken your advice and stuck him on my DDP team. He did make the shortlist when it had about 100 people on it...

• Like 2

Damn nearly picked him in no more expenses for  the DDP as he looked ill and was on a leave of absence.

1 minute ago, Thatcher said:

Jack Dromey, Labour MP for Birmingham Erdington, dead aged 73.

I think that may qualify as the first ‘shock’ death of the year. 

Wow. Harriet Hartman’s husband. 

Not the first Birmingham Mp to die suddenly.

Will be a massive by- election.

That is a surprise

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Wow. Harriet Hartman’s husband. 

Not the first Birmingham Mp to die suddenly.

Will be a massive by- election.

I doubt it. The Tories have been targeting that seat for years. If it didn’t come to then in 2019, it probably never will. And let’s face it, they’re not anyone’s cup of tea right now, even if their polling position has recovered slightly in the past week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I doubt it. The Tories have been targeting that seat for years. If it didn’t come to then in 2019, it probably never will. And let’s face it, they’re not anyone’s cup of tea right now, even if their polling position has recovered slightly in the past week.

Probably but who knows what the situation will be in six-ten weeks time. 

He was in the Shadow Cabinet still. Blimey. 

And yes,  Erdington stayed Labour in 1983, 2010 and 2019. It's pretty safe.

• Like 1

The joke amongst Tory MPs was always that Dromey was the first ever male elected from an all women’s short list, which is technically true as his seat was designated as one, but nepotism trumps tokenism so :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

He was in the Shadow Cabinet still. Blimey. 

And yes,  Erdington stayed Labour in 1983, 2010 and 2019. It's pretty safe.

Pretty sure he was the oldest member of Labour’s shadow team. 

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The joke amongst Tory MPs was always that Dromey was the first ever male elected from an all women’s short list, which is technically true as his seat was designated as one, but nepotism trumps tokenism so :rolleyes:

I always wonder why he went for a Birmingham seat when there were several London vacancies in 2010 they could have parachuted him into.

On the 6 o'clock news, they showed footage of Dromey speaking in a debate yesterday on Afghan resettlement. Looked in fair health. Clearly very sudden and definitely a surprise.

Dromey never looked a picture of health.

Another who doesn’t is Farage. Looks like he could go any minute in all honesty. He revealed on GBNews last night that he had testicular cancer in the past. Was that public knowledge before now?

• Like 1