Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

16 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

McConnell discharged; recovering at an inpatient facility.

If you HATE trump you want McConnell there, if you LOVE trump you want McConnell GONE!

• Like 1

CAPITAL letters to MAKE A POINT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diego said:

Who is now the longest-serving parliamentarian?

David Garro Trefgarne is a hereditary peer who took his seat aged 21 in 1962.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current president of Argentina Alberto Fernández hospitalized due to "acute lumbar pain".

• Like 3

Ken Clarke on sky news right now, looks bloody awful.

• Like 1

Pekka Paavola, Finnish Minister of Justice 1972 and longtime crook mayor/city manager of Tampere dead at 89 after a short stay in palliative care. One of those "they're still alive?" names for me.

Four ministers of the Feb-Sept 1972 Paasio II government left, known as "Nappulaliiga" ("child league") for having a large amount of ministers under 45, multiple under 30. Those still living are Seija Karkinen, 86, second Minister at the Ministry of Finance, Matti Louekoski, 81, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, Seppo Lindblom, 87, Minister at the Ministry of Trade and Industry and Ulf Sundqvist, 78, Minister of Education. Sundqvist is a heart attack, brain tumor and mouth cancer survivor who chainsmoked for four decades, Lindblom has been frail for a while. Louekoski is still active.

What with the amusing implosion of the House of Murrell up in Jockland, it's worth keeping an eye out - feels like over the next few months there's going to be lots of interesting stuff that will float to the surface.

The list of resignations is growing by the day. Rats and sinking ships. Will there be something that pushes somebody right over the edge? I wouldn't rule it out.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2023 at 12:37, arghton said:

Taiwan independence activist Zhong Yiren back on oxygen, but seemingly recovering again. Hospitalised for over a month, he says that he'll not die anytime soon, claims that he will be discharged in a few days and needs to attend a memorial event this week. (Unless the reaper has other plans)

yiren.png.9fdf60e47b626fc141ab044e78e9a75c.png

The reaper had other plans, he was never discharged but fought quite a (over two-month) fight against all his ailments and now Taiwan independence activist Zhong Yiren is dead at 101.

He's a DL Cup pick but will he get an English obit? I could only found one bot-generated.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2022 at 08:34, arghton said:

Loi Ejercito (1930-) Former senator, former first lady, wife of Estrada, frail.

Loi Ejercito is in a wheelchair, but apparently she's healthy enough to write her own memoir. I notice that she seems to be in good health besides the wheelchair. However, she is hardly ever seen in public.

• Like 1

Corrupt former US rep of South Carolina, John Jenrette, dies at 86:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/south-carolina/articles/2023-03-20/former-us-rep-john-jenrette-jailed-in-abscam-scandal-dies

He was an extravagant character but got things done. Also, he said "I've got larceny in my blood".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Corrupt former US rep of South Carolina

Surely an oxymoron? :lol:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, msc said:

Surely an oxymoron:lol:

Don't you mean a tautology?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Don't you mean a tautology?

Say that again?

• Like 1

I'm with @time on this one if we are comparing 'corrupt' and 'representative of South Carolina' (former or otherwise).

If that's not the case then I'm reading it wrongly somewhere.

13 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I'm with @time on this one if we are comparing 'corrupt' and 'representative of South Carolina' (former or otherwise).

If that's not the case then I'm reading it wrongly somewhere.

Time is right, grammatically, but misses that I was taking the deliberate piss! (Reptile at least got the joke, as I suspected he would.)

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Time is right, grammatically, but misses that I was taking the deliberate piss! (Reptile at least got the joke, as I suspected he would.)

You can whoosh me too then ;)

• Like 1

On 08/03/2023 at 11:18, arghton said:

Peterson Zah, former Navajo Nation President, dead at 85.

Outlived by ancient crook Peter MacDonald who was in "failing health" in 2001 after suffering multiple heart attacks and diabetes complications. (The Fujimori way of failing health) but since that he's outlived six of his immediate successors.

Ben Shelly, former Navajo Nation president, dead at 75.

• Like 4

Navajo Nation chairman/crook Peter MacDonald actually just made an appearance at some event a few days ago:

macdonald.thumb.jpg.033b586aa90f4dc1042f8f6880850c71.jpg

The event was related to the WWII Navajo Code Talkers but as far as I know he was the only one of the living three to attend. He's now 94 with a long health history (tuberculosis, diabetes, multiple heart attacks, triple bypass, arthritis, etc)...and seems to be running out of successors to outlive. Looked fine, he's looked quite frail for years and is mostly wheelchairbound.

• Like 1

Oldest Living State Leaders DP supervillain Josip Manolic is 103 today! :birthday:

As an update before someone says this is the wrong thread, he is now bedridden and "very tired", though "still mentally sharp".

• Like 1