Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

On 12/10/2022 at 17:39, arghton said:

Here's Taro Nakayama with current deathlistee Douglas Hurd and the late Gianni De Michelis (1940-2019) in 1991:

hurd.jpg.5373fd79f24a4ef1f27c7c188cb635ba.jpg

Old fascist fat cunt Taro Nakayama finally dead at 98.

• Like 2

On 14/04/2020 at 19:14, msc said:

Harold Wilson (1974-6)
Roy Hattersley b. 1932 (Foreign Minister 1974-6)
John Morris b. 1931 (Wales 1974-9)
Ted Rowlands b. 1940 (Undersecretary of Wales 1974-5, Foreign Office Minister 1975-6)
David Owen b. 1938 (Health Minister 1974-6)
Shirley Williams b. 1930 (Consumer Protection 1974-6)
Bill Rodgers b. 1928 (Defence Minister 1974-6)
Barry Jones b. 1938 (Undersecretary Wales 1974-9)
Eric Deakins b. 1932 (Trade Minister 1974-6)
Stanley Clinton-Davis b. 1928 (Trade Minister 1974-6)
Robert Hughes b. 1932 (Undersecretary Scotland 1974-5)
John Smith b. 1930 (Scotland Minister 1975-8) (NOTE - Lord Kirkhill, not the tragic Labour leader)
Margaret Beckett b. 1943 (Whip, 1975)
Gavin Strang b. 1943 (Undersecretary Energy 1974-6)
Shirley Summerskill b. 1931 (Home Minister 1974-9)
John Tomlinson b. 1939 (Harold Wilsons PPS, 1974-6)
Frank Judd b. 1935 (Navy Minister 1974-6)
David Stoddart b. 1926 (Whip 1975-8)

I see John Smith, Baron Kirkhill, former Labour Lord Provost of Aberdeen elevated to the Lords (retired 2018) has died: https://www.aberdeenlive.news/news/tributes-paid-dynamic-former-aberdeen-8274730

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 19:32, Summer in Transylvania said:

Is still hospitalized, 5 weeks after he was first checked in (the same week he checked out after a shorter-term stay due to light-headedness). When will he be back? Nobody knows - not even his own spokesman or his senatorial colleagues. While depression itself isn't going to kill him (unless it's far more severe than the news has reported), it's not a great sign for him to probably be hospitalized for 2 months or more - and leaves his overall health in question. At least in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Comped said:

Is still hospitalized, 5 weeks after he was first checked in (the same week he checked out after a shorter-term stay due to light-headedness). When will he be back? Nobody knows - not even his own spokesman or his senatorial colleagues. While depression itself isn't going to kill him (unless it's far more severe than the news has reported), it's not a great sign for him to probably be hospitalized for 2 months or more - and leaves his overall health in question. At least in my opinion.

I guess he's afraid the depression will cause him to kill himself.

2 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

I guess he's afraid the depression will cause him to kill himself.

Other articles I've found have noted that it seems to be that doctors are having some trouble getting his antidepressant medications correct. I assume interactions with his current medications might be something they're looking out for.

On 16/04/2022 at 15:39, drol said:

Lu Gongxun (1933)

Lu Gongxun dead at 89.

• Like 4

Lula hospitalised with pneumonia.

I think it's the third time at least he gets hospitalised after regaining power. Also cancer survivor, worth his thread?

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, drol said:

Lula hospitalised with pneumonia.

I think it's the third time at least he gets hospitalised after regaining power. Also cancer survivor, worth his thread?

I mean he is currently a leader and most likely one of the well known ones so I agree.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Lula is definitely Deathlist worthy

Lula v Lulu would make an interesting Deathlist poll 

• Haha 2

On 13/03/2023 at 23:30, When The said:

Mitch is just one of those politicians who makes life miserable for both liberals and conservatives (both of them agree that McConnell is trash). Honestly McConnell should have retired 20 years ago at least. I wonder when Mitch is gonna realize that 80% of America hates his old guts.

Mitch McConnell discharged from rehab.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, drol said:

Mitch McConnell discharged from rehab.

What I don't get is that I hear Republicans quite rightly questioning Fettermans and Feinsteins ability to fulfill their Senate roles but haven't seen the same scrutiny of McConnell even though he is quite unpopular with the Republican base.

• Like 2

There clearly needs to be physical and mental tests for elected officials.

17 minutes ago, Sean said:

What I don't get is that I hear Republicans quite rightly questioning Fettermans and Feinsteins ability to fulfill their Senate roles but haven't seen the same scrutiny of McConnell even though he is quite unpopular with the Republican base.

Republicans having double standards? Never!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sean said:

With feinstein the concerns are about her memory. Falling over is one thing, not be there cognitively is another story.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

With feinstein the concerns are about her memory. Falling over is one thing, not be there cognitively is another story.

Falling over is also something that generally happens with age. Unlike those sorts of memory or physical issues in other cases. Although he probably should be retired given his age!

3 hours ago, Comped said:

Falling over is also something that generally happens with age. Unlike those sorts of memory or physical issues in other cases. Although he probably should be retired given his age!

McConnell also had polio, so has trouble walking in general.

On 26/02/2023 at 22:57, drol said:

Sitting Indian MP Girish Bapat looks awful. I guess that's terminal cancer.

image.png.055bd5ec4cde507c53effcd1db4da080.png

Now Dead.

• Like 4

John Kerin (Wiki), Australian economist and former Labor Party politician who served in the House of Representatives from 1972 to 1975 and again from 1978 to 1993 dead aged 85.

• Like 2

Report of the death of Sir Nicholas Bonsor, Baronet, former Tory MP for Nantwich and then Upminster, a Minister of State for Foreign Affairs under John Major: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/03/30/sir-nicholas-bonsor-eurosceptic-mp-death-obituary/

Eurosceptic, supporter of foxhunting and of sporting links with the apartheid regime of South Africa.

You know, the usual cunt of the time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Sir Nicholas Bonsor, Baronet, former Tory MP for Nantwich and then Upminster, a Minister of State for Foreign Affairs under John Major: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/03/30/sir-nicholas-bonsor-eurosceptic-mp-death-obituary/

Eurosceptic, supporter of foxhunting and of sporting links with the apartheid regime of South Africa.

You know, the usual cunt of the time.

All these 70/barely 80 year old MPs keep dying. Meanwhile, my go to picks of Dick Taverne and Dr Taylor couldn't be healthier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

All these 70/barely 80 year old MPs keep dying. Meanwhile, my go to picks of Dick Taverne and Dr Taylor couldn't be healthier!

Reaper is going to reap! Couldn't happen to a more deserving self-entitled twat. Of course I'm reserving my choons for Norman, Douglas, Nigel etc.

Bonsor along with many of his ilk was washed away in the Labour landslide of 1997.

Of interest, heir apparent to the baronetcy is Alexander Cosmo Walrond Bonsor (b. 1976).