Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Ann Dandrow, former Republican member of Connecticut House of Representatives, who served 16 years and helped create the state's Safe Haven law, has died at 80 on Jan 25th.

Alberto Fujimori has been hospitalised with spinal problems.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/peru-ex-leader-fujimori-hospitalised-with-spinal-problem/3479182.html

The article also lists some of his numerous hospital stays from the past few months.

"He was admitted in December with a cyst on his pancreas and in September due to gastric problems and high blood pressure."

"He is suffering more and more illnesses," the doctor said. "He has been operated on several times for cancer of the tongue and now he has problems with his lower back."

Also, he looks dreadful in that photo.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Gerald Kaufman or Nick Boles were at tonight's vote in the commons?

Does anyone know if Gerald Kaufman or Nick Boles were at tonight's vote in the commons?

They both abstained from voting, which indicates that they were not.

Happy 100th birthday, Đỗ Mười! :birthday:

tbthu_JMVH.jpg

Marisa Leticia Lula da Silva, former First Lady of Brazil, has been in an induced coma for over a week. Her condition worsened last night and is now considered irreversible.

http://veja.abril.com.br/saude/estado-de-saude-de-marisa-leticia-e-gravissimo-e-irreversivel/

If only Brazil hadn't chopped down the rainforest and the zillions of yet undiscovered plants and animals, maybe a cure could have been found for her.

SC

Marisa Leticia's organs will be explanted once she's gone gone. Still think it's a matter of hours.

https://noticias.uol.com.br/politica/ultimas-noticias/2017/02/02/ex-primeira-dama-marisa-leticia-tem-morte-cerebral-em-sp-apos-avc.htm

Oh, Z., I missed you a lot!

• Like 1

According to John Mann MP some of the MP`s who voted in last nights vote are "so sick they have not been able to carry on their work as Mp`s" stating they are "very very ill".Wonder who he means.

Can`t get youtube link but here is the title:John Mann wants Jeremy Corbyn action on Diane Abbott over Article50 vote (02Feb17)

• Like 1

According to John Mann MP some of the MP`s who voted in last nights vote are "so sick they have not been able to carry on their work as Mp`s" stating they are "very very ill".Wonder who he means.

Can`t get youtube link but here is the title:John Mann wants Jeremy Corbyn action on Diane Abbott over Article50 vote (02Feb17)

I found this curious too, because at first I thought he was just referring to Gerald Kaufman. But then when I checked, Gerald Kaufman didn't actually vote - which in itself I think means he's really near the end as MPs have been taken out of hospital and on life support machines to vote when it's so important. In which case it seems there are some new deathly figures haunting the Labour benches and I don't just mean the ghost of Lenin whispering in Corbyn's ear.

I found this curious too, because at first I thought he was just referring to Gerald Kaufman. But then when I checked, Gerald Kaufman didn't actually vote - which in itself I think means he's really near the end as MPs have been taken out of hospital and on life support machines to vote when it's so important. In which case it seems there are some new deathly figures haunting the Labour benches and I don't just mean the ghost of Lenin whispering in Corbyn's ear.

Did Grahame Morris or Ronnie Campbell vote?

Nick Boles didn't vote as at the hospital.

He might mean "stress related" ie blaming Corbyn.

Though that Abbott attack does sort of throw Kaufman under the bus, especially since his illness "isn't public".

Did Grahame Morris or Ronnie Campbell vote?

Nick Boles didn't vote as at the hospital.

Good shout!