Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

On 2/23/2018 at 11:13, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Not to crash the party but Johnson only defeated Belcher by 1% while Trump won by 20+ percent. Not a massive achievement considering she has won this seat before and her opponent is an unapologetic rape apologist.

Must end up pretty confused in his logical Möbius loop.

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 00:12, Thatcher said:

The IP address is apparently from The Telegraph Media Group, so I'll trust it. Wonder how many more 90 year old Muriel Winifred Turner's are still knocking around.

One less. The actual Baroness Muriel Turner has reportedly died: https://humanism.org.uk/2018/02/28/humanists-uk-mourns-baroness-turner/

Notice this review of Chris Rennard's autobiography ends with a kinda "read between the lines" take on his current health state. Rennard was the man who effectively "built" the Liberal Democrats, targetting by-elections rather than general ones to build up a voter base. He left his post in 2009, and I can't remember the LDs doing anything to ruin their party the following year...

Drol's perennial pick and favorite Le Duc Anh has been hospitalized in desperate conditions and Vietnam top politicians already bid him farewell. I think his time is finally up.

Definitely looks like he is in a deathbed. Vo Nguyen Giap died in a similar condition if I remember well.

On 1/3/2018 at 09:46, drol said:

Drol's perennial pick and favorite Le Duc Anh has been hospitalized in desperate conditions and Vietnam top politicians already bid him farewell. I think his time is finally up.

Nothing new about Anh, but former Vietnam Prime Minister Phan Van Khai (1933) has been receiving treatment in Singapore and has spent some time on life support. Now he is apparently able to breathe on his own. Vietnam double whammy?

They'll both survive this. Vietnamese never die, fucking East Asian politicians never die....

*crosses fingers*

On 22/9/2017 at 17:56, drol said:

Tomichi Murayama (1924)

Former Japanese Prime Minister Tomichi Murayama turns 94 today! :birthday:

Galen L. Stone, a former US ambassador to Cyprus and former deputy chief of mission in India, died of lymphoma Jan. 23.  He was 96.  His diplomatic assignments from 1947 to 1981 included serving as a political counselor in Saigon, a deputy chief of mission in France, and a representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency.  He published his autobiography, “Bridges,” in 2008.   He had numerous educational and philanthropic endeavors, included chairing the Board of Overseers at Northeastern University.
SC

This means Mississippi will have two senate elections on November 6th, 2018 if Governor Phil Bryant schedules both for the same day. Sources close to the discussion concerning Cochran's resignation confirm Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is urging Governor Bryant to appoint himself. For political junkies like me, we eat this up.

9 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

U.S. Senator Thad Cochran, 80 resigning due to health reasons

Well, I wishhhhhh these bessssst forrrssssd hsi fmaliy

*for those who don't get it and I'm spoiling a bad joke, I recall seeing a meme of a Cochran tweet and half of it was completed gibberish like this.

4 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Well, I wishhhhhh these bessssst forrrssssd hsi fmaliy

*for those who don't get it and I'm spoiling a bad joke, I recall seeing a meme of a Cochran tweet and half of it was completed gibberish like this.

The problem is, Cochran unfortunately has no close family, his wife Rose Cochran passed away from a 14 year dementia battle in 2014.

Edit: Speaking of Rose Cochran, the candidate most likely to hop in his race, Chris McDaniel who challenger him in 2014 had a scandal where his staffers took pictures of Rose Cochran on her deathbed to somehow make Cochran look bad. Mississippi politics for y'all!

1 minute ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

The problem is, Cochran unfortunately has no close family, his wife Rose Cochran passed away from a 14 year dementia battle in 2014.

Oh, wasn't aware he had a wife that had passed honestly. That makes it even sadder.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:19, drol said:

Former Japanese Prime Minister Tomichi Murayama turns 94 today! :birthday:

This reminds me Yasuhiro Nakasone turns 100 at the end of May. He's not far off being the oldest living Japanese PM ever, if he makes it ! 

• Like 1

Maryland state Senator and former Democratic national delegate, Wayne Norman, died at his home.  His wife said the senator had spent Saturday night having dinner at home, 'he went to sleep and never woke up'.  The Bel Air attorney who represented parts of Harford and Cecil counties was 62.

SC

Houston Councilman Larry Green was found dead Tuesday in his home on the southwest side.  Officials at Green's office asked Houston police to do a welfare check on Green after he did not show up for a meeting Tuesday morning.  They said the cause of death is unknown, but added that there was no foul play involved.

SC

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Death Notice for Ian Stewart, Baron Stewartby, former Tory MP for Hitchin and thereafter North Hertfordshire, aged 82. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/222349/stewartby-lord

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stewart,_Baron_Stewartby

He was also a minister in Thatcher's govt from 1983 to 1989 

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

He was also a minister in Thatcher's govt from 1983 to 1989 

Image result for war doctor gif

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 03:48, Thatcher said:

Here is a list of some of the oldest living former Presidents of South American countries. I've only included those that are 80 and over. There's quite a few in their 70s too, although they seem to have a knack at sticking round for a while.

Reynaldo Bignone, Argentina, (1982-1983), 21/01/1928 (88)

Report of the death of Reynaldo Bignone: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fmundo%2Fmuere-reynaldo-bignone-el-ultimo-dictador-de-argentina&edit-text