Jump to content
Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

 

 

 

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drol said:

?

Ended up moving the obit elsewhere and didn't expect the posting would still be there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned in Foreign Personalities, former Prime Minister of South Korea in 2015 Lee Wan-koo has died aged 71 from multiple myeloma.

https://www.chosun.com/politics/politics_general/2021/10/14/S42NWCLTFZAHTE4DBKBP75VUK4/

 

He has around 20 living predecessors, youngest ones born in 1952:

Chung Hong-won (1944-) 2013-2015

Kim Hwang-sik (1948-) 2010-2013

Yoon Jeung-hyun (1946-) Acting 2010

Chung Un-chan (1947-) 2009-2010

Han Seung-soo (1936-) 2008-2009

Han Duck-soo (1949-) 2007-2009, acting 2006

Kwon Oh-kyu (1952-) Acting 2007

Han Myeong-sook (1944-) 2006-2007

Lee Hae-chan (1952-) 2004-2006

Lee Hun-jai (1944-) Acting 2004, Acting 2000

Goh Kun (1938-) 2003-2004, 1997-1998

Kim Suk-soo (1932-) 2002-2003

Chang Dae-wan (1952-) Acting 2002

Jeon Yun-churl (1939-) Acting 2002

Chang Sang (1939-) Acting 2002

Lee Soo-sung (1939-) 1995-1997

Lee Hong-koo (1934-) 1994-1995

Lee Hoi-Chang (1935-) 1993-1994

Ro Jai-bong (1936-) 1990-1991

Lee Hyun-jae (1929-) 1988.

 

And also dies before nonagenarian Chun Doo-hwan, the former dictator of the country who has the same cancer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, drol said:

Manmohan hospitalised again. 

 

He was given ten years to live eleven years ago. Don't think it's his time, but nearing anyway. 

Manmohan is being visited by lot of prominent politicians (among which Rahul Gandhi) in hospital, and that's a tad suspicious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FBrcodNUYAEcF4q.thumb.jpg.1f24f2d29e16edb86408eb02cae6e38e.jpg

This picture has been shared on twitter, claimed that it's Manmohan Singh but I couldn't find actual proof of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, arghton said:

FBrcodNUYAEcF4q.thumb.jpg.1f24f2d29e16edb86408eb02cae6e38e.jpg

This picture has been shared on twitter, claimed that it's Manmohan Singh but I couldn't find actual proof of this.


Certainly looks like him if you zoom in. If it is, he’s a goner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Clinton reportedly hospitalised with sepsis. Reportedly “recovering “ and “in good spirits”. Perhaps one to watch for 2022?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southend Tory MP David Amess stabbed multiple times at constituency surgery.

 

EDIT: In before some cunt says he’s been made Amess of.

  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TQR said:

Southend Tory MP David Amess stabbed multiple times at constituency surgery.


Christ. 3rd time this has happened in just over a decade (Stephen Timms and Jo Cox being the other two).

May lead to the end of face to face constituent advice surgeries, which would be a tragedy as they're such a healthy and strong part of British democracy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, Amess' wish for Southend to become a city gets closer and closer...

 

Cos cities are where the stabbings are, innit?

  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ambulance has been there for 2 hours. Hard to know if that's good or bad

 

Bad I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, arghton said:

FBrcodNUYAEcF4q.thumb.jpg.1f24f2d29e16edb86408eb02cae6e38e.jpg

This picture has been shared on twitter, claimed that it's Manmohan Singh but I couldn't find actual proof of this.

Recovering, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ambulance has been there for 2 hours. Hard to know if that's good or bad

 

thats not just bad thats terrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the assailant has mental health issues rather than anything to do with terror?

Amess is quite a moderate voice on the green benches. Very well liked cross party and a charismatic figure. A Brexiteer, but during the referendum campaign, his contribution was always about convincing those on the opposing side rather than antagonising. Big champion of animal rights and energy conservation as well. Met him on a number occasions when I worked in energy. Never heard a bad word against him, and there are few MPs I could say that for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Ambulance has been there for 2 hours. Hard to know if that's good or bad

 

The BBC website is displaying a picture from the scene, which shows a paramedic car, but not a traditional ambulance, they also report an air ambulance sent to the scene. If he's still in there, there's only one way he's coming out, but I'd assume he's already at hospital. The golden hour is way gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I wonder if the assailant has mental health issues rather than anything to do with terror?

 

If you ask me you need to be wrong in the head* to cross the "wound/kill someone" divide in general, outside of certain conditions (ie self-defence for example). Amess not an MP I normally agree with often but that's frankly irrelevant right now. Hopefully he recovers though it sounds quite grim tbh.

 

 

*And of course this isn't a "mental health = excuse" comment before anyone jumps in. Millions of us have mental health issues and manage to not go round trying to murder other people after all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only when a public figure is there this kind of coverage (well, hey they are public figures).

 

Stabbings are becoming more and more commonplace across the country. Most folk perhaps give a passing nod to the odd story that occurs and move on.

 

All I can say is we wouldn't be having this conversation about his possible survival if we all had guns, thank god.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, time said:

The BBC website is displaying a picture from the scene, which shows a paramedic car, but not a traditional ambulance, they also report an air ambulance sent to the scene. If he's still in there, there's only one way he's coming out, but I'd assume he's already at hospital. The golden hour is way gone.

 

 

I think he's still there. We'd have surely heard by now if he was at the hospital even if we didn't know what condition he  was in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been told over the phone that he's died. How awful.

  • Sad 5
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:


Christ. 3rd time this has happened in just over a decade (Stephen Timms and Jo Cox being the other two).

May lead to the end of face to face constituent advice surgeries, which would be a tragedy as they're such a healthy and strong part of British democracy.

Plus in 2000 Nigel Jones Mp was injured and his assistant Andrew Pennington was fatally wounded in an attack on his constituency surgery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Only when a public figure is there this kind of coverage (well, hey they are public figures).

 

Stabbings are becoming more and more commonplace across the country. Most folk perhaps give a passing nod to the odd story that occurs and move on.

 

All I can say is we wouldn't be having this conversation about his possible survival if we all had guns, thank god.

I believe knife crime figures as whole have gone down slightly compared to a few years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use