Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Guest Guest

Tonie Nathan The 1972 Vice Presidential Candidate for the Libertarian Party, who thanks to a Faithless elector became the first woman in Us history to recieve a Presidential electoral vote is dead at 91.

What the hell is a faithless elector? Is it somebody who accidentally votes for the wrong person because they were off their head on E and listening to a widely-popular late-90s-early-2000s electronica group?

In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who, for whatever reason, does not vote for the presidential or vice presidential candidate for whom he or she had pledged to vote. They may vote for another candidate or not vote at all. Faithless electors are pledged electors and thus different fromunpledged electors.

PS I didn't copy and paste that. from wikipedia.Honest :mellow:

Guest Guest

Ex-CIA Chief and perennial cabinet member, James R. Schlesinger.

He was defence secretary in the Nixon and Ford administrations and energy secretary in the Carter admin. How the hell did he manage to pull that off? :huh:

Jeremiah Denton, Vietnam POW who blinked "torture" in Morse Code during a televised interview with his captors and later became a Senator for Alabama, has died aged 89.

And an SNP member too.....

Whichever person submitted the incredibly dull DDP theme team "Graveheart", which consists mostly of Scottish politicians and was created to "celebrate"/mark the Scottish independence referendum, didn't even include her........

At first when I saw that team (and the names Sean Connery and Billy Connolly) I thought it was going to be a team of elderly Scottish celebs just for laughs but instead they just went with a bunch of obscure MSPs most have never heard of and don't even stand much chance of dying.....

Guest J Doobie

Deadpool Players kept forgetting she's not in good health anymore and will never be the same again.

And an SNP member too.....

Whichever person submitted the incredibly dull DDP theme team "Graveheart", which consists mostly of Scottish politicians and was created to "celebrate"/mark the Scottish independence referendum, didn't even include her........

At first when I saw that team (and the names Sean Connery and Billy Connolly) I thought it was going to be a team of elderly Scottish celebs just for laughs but instead they just went with a bunch of obscure MSPs most have never heard of and don't even stand much chance of dying.....

Margo ceased to be a member of the SNP well over a decade ago but she continued to be re-elected to Holyrood as an independent MSP. She was a high profile campaigner for euthanasia, it has not been disclosed yet whether Parkinson's Disease ended her life or if she chose to end it herself.

Guest Guest

MSP Margo MacDonald has died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-26883278

Very sad news.She was one brave woman.Shame she didn't live to see her dream of scottish independence .R.I.P

RIP, a fine wummin..

• Like 1

Ex-President of Guinea-Bissau, Kumba Yala, is dead

My Lord. ninja.gif

• Like 1

Re Margo.....

wid've then...and probably wid now..

_74006025_margo_smoking.jpg

Corker of a looker, smoked on stage, and had vvvvvvvv dece policies and views.

How hubby getting on ? Mr Sillars must be mid 70's? I think?

Guest Guest

Re Margo.....

. He was on Newsnight in Scotland only last week debating independence with George Galloway. He looked healthy enough to me. Didn't look like someone who knew his wife was about to die either,so it must have been quite a sudden death

Nah, been sadly on the cards for a while.......... :(

Guest Guest

Re Margo.....

Actually just found the show on youtube if you want to take a look and judge for yourself how he looks..

Fucking sign up or log in, how can i ''like'' your post otherwise?

Another list from Bibliogryphon just in case Nigel Farage is passing by

Surviving Presidents of the European Commission

• Jacques Delors (1925)
  • Jacques Santer (1937)
  • Manuel Marin (1949)
  • Romano Prodi (1939)
  • Jose Manuel Barroso (1956)

• Like 1

Good question. I guess I was posting it because he won't be considered a suicide risk now or something like that. He did say he's been through eleven moths of hell. I thought posting stuff related to sexual assault trials was standard business now in DL here in the post-Savile era. It is after all very nasty business.