ImNotHades

Hollywood Survivors

They probably did test her - to say it wasn't it means you certain it was not that.

7 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

No it isn’t. Old people die of pneumonia all the time.
The mortality rate for old people with pneumonia is about 20% and it is considered the 3rd or 4th most common cause of death in the old. In the US alone, approximately 50,000 a year die of pneumonia, most of them elderly. 

it is perfectly reasonable to accept that an 86 year old woman died of pneumonia that was not Covid-19 related. 

No doubt some cases of Covid-19 will not be diagnosed, and will be put down to “ordinary” pneumonia. But there will also be a lot of people dying due to pneumonia that has nothing to do with Coronavirus, so speculating that a pneumonia death must really have been Covid-19, when the family says otherwise, does not make any sense. 

And then there's this, saying that current testing for Covid19 only has a 70% accuracy for negative tests.  Which would mean that 30% of the people that are told they don't have Covid19, actually do.  That's so high that it seriously undermines the value of the test at all.

1 hour ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

And then there's this, saying that current testing for Covid19 only has a 70% accuracy for negative tests.  Which would mean that 30% of the people that are told they don't have Covid19, actually do.  That's so high that it seriously undermines the value of the test at all.

That’s not quite what it means. It says that the tests in China gave 70% positive results, whereas 90% of the people SHOWED SYMPTOMS of Coronavirus. However with further testing, you cannot be certain that they actually had it. They could also have had another severe respiratory infection whose symptoms were similar to Coronavirus. 
I do agree though that testing with that level of accuracy is next to useless and is not much better than an educated guess. 

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

They probably did test her - to say it wasn't it means you certain it was not that.

Beside that, she had been suffering from a degenerative illness since at least 2009. Not so surprising she's gone.

• Like 1

How is the previous four posts On p11 of this thread fuckall to do with Hollywood?  
Asking for a friend.

SC

50 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How is the previous four posts On p11 of this thread fuckall to do with Hollywood?  
Asking for a friend.

SC

You just need to let your inner warmth and compassion shine through. Then you won't need to ask for a friend, you will have many.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I stopped editing after 1939 because it's just too many names and the list would be too long. Let's just keep the ones on top and I'll add some kid debuts later (Margaret O'Brien).

On 03/02/2016 at 02:02, ImNotHades said:

Don't judge me, I was bored as f**k.........so I made this. I don't know if there is a topic like this already (if there is i'll delete this one). If there's someone I forgot I'll add them later. Be free to correct me.

Here's the full list of people (created on 03 February 2016): - The list won't go beyond 1939. It is just too many people and most will outlive us so there's no point in going beyond 39' unless half the list dies by 2025 and people born after 1940 mostly don't count as GAoH actors. Be free to name those who do.

Arlene Dahl - 1925

Dahl is 96 today.

Recent news include that she is selling her Rockland home for 4.95 million.

Quite an interesting personality, currently married to Marc Rosen who is atleast 19 years younger than she is and is her sixth husband. Lorenzo Lamas, her son has already been married five times.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2020 at 20:05, gcreptile said:

Screenwriter (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) and director Paul Schrader would rather die on the job than having it interrupted by the Coronavirus. In his own words he's old and asthmatic:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/mar/17/paul-schrader-slams-coronavirus-film-shutdown-says-hed-rather-die-on-the-job

Edit: Woops, this thread is Hollywood survivors...well, think of it as a Hollywood possibility

Paul Schrader hospitalised with severe COVID pneumonia .

• Haha 1

Mamie Van Doren’s is my favourite account on Twitter, it’s crazy how engaged with the modern world she is for a woman who’s contemporaries were Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield! I wish she got more recognition. I don’t think she’s going anywhere anytime soon

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

It's a made up character....

Well... he's still dead!

No, but you're right, I tried to squeeze in an obit in 5 five free minutes and vaguely recalled the name.

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well... he's still dead!

No, but you're right, I tried to squeeze in an obit in 5 five free minutes and vaguely recalled the name.

It got me last night as well. Hard not to take it seriously as members of this site!

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 10:29, oldhollywood said:

Mamie Van Doren’s is my favourite account on Twitter, it’s crazy how engaged with the modern world she is for a woman who’s contemporaries were Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield! I wish she got more recognition. I don’t think she’s going anywhere anytime soon

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM63ftAeJ/

• Like 1