ImNotHades

Hollywood Survivors

35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It is all over French media now. His French language Wikipedia page has also changed. Breaking news on yahoo. but no obit as yet. 

BBC have it.

• Like 1

Fascinated by his performance in Flash Gordon, so much I bought the paperback. Still have it, may dig it out later.

• Like 1

Why wasn't he on the list instead of papa Gates? :evil2:

At least he's in movie heaven & he & Greta & Ingmar & Ingrid & Victor & Bibi will make the most heavenly films, while waiting for Liv.

14 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I'm still confused by that inclusion tbh

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Because he was 90 with no known physical ailments beyond age.  The Committee can’t be clairvoyant for every healthy 90-year old.

Gates otoh is 93 and in late stage Alzheimer’s.

I do hope that answers your question.

SC

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Because he was 90 with no known physical ailments beyond age.  The Committee can’t be clairvoyant for every healthy 90-year old.

SC

You pulled Gates Sr. out of your hat & will be teased until he dies. :P

Deathlisters are so obsessed with centenarians that they tend to forget that people in their nineties are old too. Von Sydow looked frail in his last photos. We should have paid attention.

• Like 1

He was my 4th hit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Past tense for the younger one, and the present tense for the older one.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to the legendary Chuck Norris, 80 years old today

6e293a00-0579-11ea-94e5-0e10db974561.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Don't think this has been posted yet, may be wrong.

R. D. Call has died at 70.

Was in Brewster's Millions, Born on the Fourth of July, Waterworld, Babel, Into the Wild, 48 Hrs. and Colors.

Screenwriter (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) and director Paul Schrader would rather die on the job than having it interrupted by the Coronavirus. In his own words he's old and asthmatic:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/mar/17/paul-schrader-slams-coronavirus-film-shutdown-says-hed-rather-die-on-the-job

Edit: Woops, this thread is Hollywood survivors...well, think of it as a Hollywood possibility

Chalo Gonzalez-Rubio

The Longtime associate of Sam Peckinpah who worked behind the scenes as well as on camera in films such as The Wild Bunch,The Getaway,Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia etc. is dead at 95

Golden era Hollywood actress Jane Powell, star of numerous film musicals during the 1950s ,most famously Seven brides for Seven brothers turns 91 today. 

Many happy returns 

:birthday:

• Like 6

Canadian actress Shirley Douglas who had roles in the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation and the film Lolita died at 86 years:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/actress-activist-shirley-douglas-daughter-of-medicare-s-tommy-douglas-dies-1.4883465?fbclid=IwAR34klQWLupE24_sOMmCTEjPgKd0QakLyOGeILkisypZdT5JZzhgl_12LAA

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Canadian actress Shirley Douglas who had roles in the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation and the film Lolita died at 86 years:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/actress-activist-shirley-douglas-daughter-of-medicare-s-tommy-douglas-dies-1.4883465?fbclid=IwAR34klQWLupE24_sOMmCTEjPgKd0QakLyOGeILkisypZdT5JZzhgl_12LAA

Straight to Daily Mail for the DDP: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-8190003/Canadian-actress-activist-Shirley-Douglas-dies-age-86.html

A hit for me. :) She's also Kiefer Sutherland's Mom.

• Like 1

" Sutherland announced his mother's death on Twitter, saying she succumbed to complications surrounding pneumonia -- but not related to COVID-19 -- on Sunday morning. "

How does he know, was she tested? Bit of a coincidence isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

" Sutherland announced his mother's death on Twitter, saying she succumbed to complications surrounding pneumonia -- but not related to COVID-19 -- on Sunday morning. "

How does he know, was she tested? Bit of a coincidence isn't it?

Probably not tested, and IDK if anyone in NA's wasting tests on the dead rn. Chalk it down to simple pneumonia and move on, is probably the outlook there. But yeah, I do think dying of pneumonia given the current situation is probably a bit too much of a coincidence here.

29 minutes ago, CastAway said:

But yeah, I do think dying of pneumonia given the current situation is probably a bit too much of a coincidence here.

No it isn’t. Old people die of pneumonia all the time.
The mortality rate for old people with pneumonia is about 20% and it is considered the 3rd or 4th most common cause of death in the old. In the US alone, approximately 50,000 a year die of pneumonia, most of them elderly. 

it is perfectly reasonable to accept that an 86 year old woman died of pneumonia that was not Covid-19 related. 

No doubt some cases of Covid-19 will not be diagnosed, and will be put down to “ordinary” pneumonia. But there will also be a lot of people dying due to pneumonia that has nothing to do with Coronavirus, so speculating that a pneumonia death must really have been Covid-19, when the family says otherwise, does not make any sense.