ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never been to Starbucks or bought anything from Amazon ever.

Use Google a lot though, he he.

I don't denigrate Barlow's talent. National treasure and all that. But that's the point surely? We can forgive him all his sins because of that...but look what happened to all the 1970s stars whose sins were overlooked or forgiven.

I'm not equating Barlow with that nonsense of course. But he shafts you all by not paying his dues, and he's loved for it? That I question.

If somebody told me that there was a way I could pay less tax, let alone no tax, id be in there like a Rat up a U bend.

Should I really begrudge somebody for doing what I would do and MILLIONS of other people?

We are a nation that has a dislike of other peoples wealth and success yet we still do the lottery and, if we win, we would not be making huge donations to charidee...

The Barlows and Jimmy Carrs may not be ethical in their tax payments but good luck to them.

I shall just arry on working my tits off and not feel bitter at all, its life.

Yes but why does not every celebrity do it??? Simple question answer it boy or shut up.

How do you know they don't?

Its also fucking pointless trying to return to the Mugabe act when you threw it away for several posts.

Either stick to your 'main' account or get the name changed on this one to something else, you cannot get anymore mileage out of one joke FFS.

• Like 1

As an aside perhaps UK Govt should consider a Tax Payers League for those on the top wack? Rank 'em into divisions and mebbe a cup at the end of the tax year?

I don't denigrate Barlow's talent. National treasure and all that. But that's the point surely? We can forgive him all his sins because of that...but look what happened to all the 1970s stars whose sins were overlooked or forgiven.

I'm not equating Barlow with that nonsense of course. But he shafts you all by not paying his dues, and he's loved for it? That I question.

If somebody told me that there was a way I could pay less tax, let alone no tax, id be in there like a Rat up a U bend.

Should I really begrudge somebody for doing what I would do and MILLIONS of other people?

We are a nation that has a dislike of other peoples wealth and success yet we still do the lottery and, if we win, we would not be making huge donations to charidee...

The Barlows and Jimmy Carrs may not be ethical in their tax payments but good luck to them.

And therein lies the problem with today's polictics. We have no debate about what Government should provide on our collective behalfs. If we want roads, hospitals, schools, drains, border guards... we need taxes. They shouldn't be an evil they should be supporting the society we all crave.

In an ideal world this makes sense until you see what taxes are actually being spent on and then suddenly your less inclined to pay them, especially as at the moment were still paying back the sky fairies to stay afloat so everything's being cut to the bone service wise.

But that's the point. Governments and politicians aren't some alien race who are ruling us - they are elected representatives. It's up to us all to push for the society we want.

• Like 1

And therein lies the problem with today's polictics. We have no debate about what Government should provide on our collective behalfs. If we want roads, hospitals, schools, drains, border guards... we need taxes. They shouldn't be an evil they should be supporting the society we all crave.

In an ideal world this makes sense until you see what taxes are actually being spent on and then suddenly your less inclined to pay them, especially as at the moment were still paying back the sky fairies to stay afloat so everything's being cut to the bone service wise.

But that's the point. Governments and politicians aren't some alien race who are ruling us - they are elected representatives. It's up to us all to push for the society we want.

Again. you're speaking from an ideal world perspective. Real life unfortunately takes up most of our lives leaving no time to "push for the society we all want" even if we all wanted the same society which Brexit clearly showed we don't.

Barry from Birmingham might want all the Halibuts to leave the country, every mosque in the land to be destroyed, anyone who doesn't have a family history in the UK going back to 1066 to be deported and all health and safety legislation abandoned and all benefits scrapped. Whereas Kirsty from Kensington might want a liberal attitude to immigration that welcomes anybody, anybody who is unemployed looked after by the state with a variety of other benefits in place, all hate speech criminalised and more places of worship built. The idea Barry and Kirsty who might as well be from Venus and Mars could push for the society "we all want" is nonsensical.

I don't mind paying tax and I expect everybody else who earns to make a proportional contribution.

What does piss me off is the incessant calls to hammer the rich because they are rich.

Proportional taxing is fine but some people want to go down the road of being Robin Hood and taking that much money off the wealthy that they are no longer wealthy.

Its large swathes of the wealthy that create wealth, create jobs and create the circumstances for people like me to earn a living, get a mortgage and feel like im not just existing.

There will never be enough money for public services, the money required is monumental.

Maybe we need to look at how what we pay into the system is actually spent before we are creamed for even more.

Yes but why does not every celebrity do it??? Simple question answer it boy or shut up.

How do you know they don't?

Its also fucking pointless trying to return to the Mugabe act when you threw it away for several posts.

Either stick to your 'main' account or get the name changed on this one to something else, you cannot get anymore mileage out of one joke FFS.

Not really, if you had ever studied Rhodesian Politics, you'd know myself and Ian Smith were massive advocates of fair taxation, and that both thought Gary Barlow was an ego man.

So you never answered my question. Gary Barlow avoids tax because he is a nob, which is the general consensus. I'd also be very worried about a grown man liking gary barlow and take that, like fairnuff if your wife drags you along, all been there etc, but you????/ shocker. Pixie lott too?

I don't mind paying tax and I expect everybody else who earns to make a proportional contribution.

What does piss me off is the incessant calls to hammer the rich because they are rich.

Proportional taxing is fine but some people want to go down the road of being Robin Hood and taking that much money off the wealthy that they are no longer wealthy.

Its large swathes of the wealthy that create wealth, create jobs and create the circumstances for people like me to earn a living, get a mortgage and feel like im not just existing.

There will never be enough money for public services, the money required is monumental.

Maybe we need to look at how what we pay into the system is actually spent before we are creamed for even more.

Anyway more to the point, you are from Norfolk, that is almost as cheap and run down as Zimbabwe, you should pay taxes with all the money you save living there!!!!

Anyway more to the point, you are from Norfolk, that is almost as cheap and run down as Zimbabwe, you should pay taxes with all the money you save living there!!!!

Yeah, I think you are now moving into the MK/ Zorders '.....you have become an irritating twat.......

' territory.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think you are now moving into the MK/ Zorders '.....you have become an irritating twat.......

' territy

Note to self- nerve hit with Norfolk comment

' territy

Note to you - I don't give a shit for your comments, you are as funny as Ebola.

You are a one trick pony, a poor mans Mike Yarwood .

You are boring the tits off me.

' territy

Note to you - I don't give a shit for your comments, you are as funny as Ebola.

You are a one trick pony, a poor mans Mike Yarwood .

You are boring the tits off me.

You sure getting upset for someone that does not care! hahah

'Note to self- nerve hit with Norfolk comment'

He doesn't give a fuck about Norfolk comments, he's accepted that he's an inbreed and he loves his auntiesistermum even more than his prize bullock!

• Like 2

For fuck sakes lfn your reaction is only encouraging him don't you have an ignore button.

For fuck sakes lfn your reaction is only encouraging him don't you have an ignore button.

I do, and I'm very close to using it on you

depositphotos_32681461-stock-photo-red-i

• Like 2

Sometimes wonder if an 18+ limit should be applied?

Nah, because as I alluded to yesterday, it would prejudice against other younger posters who, even if they do show sometimes some age related tendencies at times, don't act like a complete cunt.

I also oppose such a limit, but as I am 15, I might be a tad biased. :P

This whole debate is really only because of immature 16-year-old MorbidKid.

Joeyruss and I are 15, and we're both usually mature-ish.

Bass and Dirtracer are our age, they also don't seem to be causing any problems.

In fact, a lot of highly respected users were young when they joined. Estaurian Float was 15 when he joined in 2009, The Dead Cow just revealed he's turning 18, meaning he was 13 when he joined in 2012. There was also AngryGreatness who was 15 when he joined in 2011, but I don't know much about him or his behavior.

Not to mentions all the cunty, immature, ADULTS like Zorders.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Windsor was pretty young when he joined as well, from what I read at least. He's definitely one of the better posters on here.

I have some sympathy for Gary Barlow. Just because he has a modicum of talent doesn't make him a financial advisor. He probably had people who took care of that for him and when told he could reduce his tax burden probably neglected to check whether it was legal. The pop music industry is riddled with money earnt by stars being swindled out from them because of their naivity.

• Like 2

Can I change my vote to Olivia Newton John? :D 

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Can I change my vote to Olivia Newton John? :D 

It does say *shock* death. :P 

• Like 1

I would vote for Mariah Carey but she's not on the list!

On 2/5/2016 at 18:39, Lewd_Squirrel said:

I went with Cyndi Lauper, cause you said shock death, & her death would be a shock, the rest on the list, not so much, per se.

Me too!

Will a Joe Elliott death be considered a shocking one? If so I think it could be him.

On 2017. 07. 07. at 03:06, Davey Jones' Locker said:

It does say *shock* death. :P 

Which would mean that it only counts if someone's terminal illness is not public knowledge when they die? Btw I'd reckon that Olivia's death would still have some shock value since her optimistic announcement ("some herbal tea, a few photons and I'll be fine") might make her fans believe that her cancer is not life threatening.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2017 at 03:44, RadGuy said:

I also oppose such a limit, but as I am 15, I might be a tad biased. :P

This whole debate is really only because of immature 16-year-old MorbidKid.

Joeyruss and I are 15, and we're both usually mature-ish.

Bass and Dirtracer are our age, they also don't seem to be causing any problems.

In fact, a lot of highly respected users were young when they joined. Estaurian Float was 15 when he joined in 2009, The Dead Cow just revealed he's turning 18, meaning he was 13 when he joined in 2012. There was also AngryGreatness who was 15 when he joined in 2011, but I don't know much about him or his behavior.

Not to mentions all the cunty, immature, ADULTS like Zorders.

So we currently have TWO teenagers in the DDP Top 5?

:wheelchair: I suddenly feel very old...

• Like 6