ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regarding the over 18s rule.

I'd like to offer myself, who is now comfortably over 18 (I'd joined slightly before I turned eighteen though) as evidence that such a limit is an absolute waste of time; if someones a cunt there a cunt regardless of age. Not to mention that you can easily lie about your age on the internet. 

And wait, The Dead Cow is only eighteen, I always pictured him as a middle aged man! Take that as compliment Dead Cow, it means I thought your posts were valuable and informative.

• Like 2

Stevie wonder and none of us will see it coming,especially Stevie.

• Like 7

I saw the earlier post about Joe Elliott

Other than fronting a metal band who haven't had an original idea on decades; what's up with him?

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Other than fronting a metal band who haven't had an original idea ever; what's up with him?

FTFY. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Other than fronting a gay british hair metal band who haven't had an original idea ever; what's up with him?

FTFY (2)

This'll carry on throught the night, then

Tbh - they're just very ordinary, they aren't that bad, are they?

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

This'll carry on throught the night, then

Tbh - they're just very ordinary, they aren't that bad, are they?

Yes, they are.

• Like 1

On 8.7.2017 at 15:04, maryportfuncity said:

Other than fronting a metal band who haven't had an original idea on decades; what's up with him?

Nothing. I thought that's the point in this thread, just guessing.

Though I didn't notice it has to be something personally shocking to myself (I don't really give a rat's ass about him), and not just famous-musician-likely-to-die-out-of-the-blue thing.

5 hours ago, WillyWonka422 said:

Tomer Zidkyahu from the bands Ephrat and Blackfield

:D

And Yossi Fine too.

Jan Hammer turns 70 today.  70 is the new 90 in the music industry.
Also....and speaking of Jan Hammer, until recently I was unaware that Jeff Beck is bloody 73!  and touring.   Love you Jeff, but that's a recipe to crash and burn.
SC

On 11/28/2017 at 14:46, Deadpool said:

Aretha Franklin

12 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Aretha Franklin is the most likely 

Bzzt. Repetition. It's even on the same page.

Besides a 76 year old with known health problems isn't really going to be a shock. TBF the thread might as well be titled without that qualifier though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Aretha Franklin is the most likely 

Well that would mean it’s not SHOCKING, numbnuts!

For the sheer Hell of it.

Jim Kerr.

Punched above weight majorly wife wise, not made a decent toon since 83, no health problems afaik, so would be a 'shock'.

Bound to wake up one day, look in the mirror then take a short walk in the woods with the trusty Webley service revolver.

• Like 1

charon that's a quality shot in the dark I must say.

Meh, its the thread.

No point in bigging up Ozzy or Shane.

Go with the gut, sure he coked out his tits for 20/30 years, no talent at all for the same, gotta be 'fragile'.

2 hours ago, charon said:

For the sheer Hell of it.

Jim Kerr.

Punched above weight majorly wife wise, not made a decent toon since 83, no health problems afaik, so would be a 'shock'.

Bound to wake up one day, look in the mirror then take a short walk in the woods with the trusty Webley service revolver.

Nah, if he was going to off himself he'd have done that years ago.

That loony journalist Liz Jones used to make out in her drivelly columns that she was shagging in a relationship with an unnamed rock star.  Almost certainly a complete fantasy in what passes for her mind.  Readers used to try and work out who she was on about, and from the scattered clues poor old Jim was a front runner.  I don't think anybody believed it, but something like that might well send someone over the edge if they were aware of it.

Avicci. It's only a few years his songs were absolutely fucking everywhere - Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, Waiting for Love  Been quiet for a while but his death has shocked me anyway. Thought he was just chilling between albums. Tragic. 

variety.com/2018/music/news/avicii-dead-at-28-1202772767/

Maybe shouldn't have been a shock though. Pancreatitis in your 20s is seriously horrific a though though. Even with excessive drinking that's shit luck.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” the statement reads. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.