ImNotHades

Next Music Shock Death!

Music, death, shock!  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mods please......

Not music...

• Thanks 1

Most people outside this site isn't aware of above mentioned musicians health issues (not everyone was exposed like Whitney) and by SHOCK I mean a huge impact on news. This thread is exclusive to superstar acts and yes Aretha is a superstar and it will fill the headlines all over the world once she dies. Avicii was a shock but not the way Amy Winehouse was. People are sad because he's young, not because he was A-list superstar. Technically he was a one hit wonder.

• Thanks 1

Which of his 20-odd UK top 40 singles was his "one hit"? Avicii was responsible for at least two of the defining sounds of 2010s pop ("everything trying to sound like 'Levels'" and "everything trying to sound like 'Wake Me Up'"). He's hardly Rednex.

(Rednex were better, but that's not the point.)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, machotrouts said:

Which of his 20-odd UK top 40 singles was his "one hit"? Avicii was responsible for at least two of the defining sounds of 2010s pop ("everything trying to sound like 'Levels'" and "everything trying to sound like 'Wake Me Up'"). He's hardly Rednex.

(Rednex were better, but that's not the point.)

Also a top 20 hit.

*shudders*

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:42, Sir Creep said:

Jan Hammer turns 70 today.  70 is the new 90 in the music industry.
Also....and speaking of Jan Hammer, until recently I was unaware that Jeff Beck is bloody 73!  and touring.   Love you Jeff, but that's a recipe to crash and burn.
SC

There's a decent looking Beck documentary on BBC 4 this Friday which I thought I'd look in on. Not aware his drink/drug issues were up there with the other Yardbirds' lead guitarists. 

I would've posted that on the Deadio Times site but it's been populated with discussions of television types. 

Elton John is a good pick according to the recent tributes that he received (the two honorary discs, a Biopic that will be released, the grammy awards' Tribute…). He was forced to cancel a show back in January due to "health problem". What do you think of it ? 

And another question : why Cher is in the list of the possible death ? 

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Elton John is a good pick according to the recent tributes that he received (the two honorary discs, a Biopic that will be released, the grammy awards' Tribute…). He was forced to cancel a show back in January due to "health problem". What do you think of it ? 

And another question : why Cher is in the list of the possible death ? 

Cher is in this list because of gossips about her health a few years  ago

well... Elton John seems to be a good pick but who knows? There will be another music shocking death before his passing.

• Like 1

Just now, ImissMontpellier said:

Cher is in this list because of gossips about her health a few years  ago

well... Elton John seems to be a good pick but who knows? There will be another music shocking death before his passing.

yeah, it was what I though about cher : I red some things about her health and the way that she goes but I didn't think it was serious until today :P 

May be there will be a shocking death before John, you're right, just like Iggy pop or Bennet 

12 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

yeah, it was what I though about cher : I red some things about her health and the way that she goes but I didn't think it was serious until today :P 

May be there will be a shocking death before John, you're right, just like Iggy pop or Bennet 

Agree with you about Iggy Pop. I think Morrissey, Aretha Franklin, Axl Rose and Barbra Streisand are better picks than Elton John.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImissMontpellier said:

Agree with you about Iggy Pop. I think Morrissey, Aretha Franklin, Axl Rose and Barbra Streisand are better picks than Elton John.

yeah I forgot Streisand and Rose but I totally agree with u, they're more likely to die than John but… who knows ?! 

10 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

yeah I forgot Streisand and Rose but I totally agree with u, they're more likely to die than John but… who knows ?! 

Nobody knows.

On 22/04/2018 at 23:34, ImNotHades said:

Most people outside this site isn't aware of above mentioned musicians health issues (not everyone was exposed like Whitney) and by SHOCK I mean a huge impact on news. This thread is exclusive to superstar acts and yes Aretha is a superstar and it will fill the headlines all over the world once she dies. Avicii was a shock but not the way Amy Winehouse was. People are sad because he's young, not because he was A-list superstar. Technically he was a one hit wonder.

Amy Winehouse wasn't really a shock. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Deathray said:

Amy Winehouse wasn't really a shock. 

A few weeks before her death she had cancelled her tour in Europe.

anyway, many people all around the world were moved by her death because she was a great artist. 

12 minutes ago, ImissMontpellier said:

A few weeks before her death she had cancelled her tour in Europe.

anyway, many people all around the world were moved by her death because she was a great artist. 

A shock death is someone you don't expect to die. That really doesn't apply in her case - she had a hit single about how she didn't want to go to rehab despite everyone knowing she needed to.