rockhopper penguin

Moon Dust Between Their Toes

Apollo Moon Landings  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think you eventually came around to my way of thinking (namely that Mars is more the focus than the Moon and that governments don't have the resources or the appetite for doing it, certainly not both). China seems the most likely. Of course, what would be best is if the human race came to an agreement that space exploration is about more than narrow national interests and pooled their resources (this already exists in small ways, with organisations like the ESA and the Russian-American collaboration on the ISS (although I know they do their work independently for the most part when they're up there) but the chances of that happening are virtually nil.

I think the main reason for a Moonbase is to enable experimentation in microgravity and find out more about the Moon. Is there anything we get from going there that we don't get from being on the ISS? Not really, But how cool would it be to have humans living on another celestial object? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't satisfy a congressional committee but...

• Like 1

Think you eventually came around to my way of thinking (namely that Mars is more the focus than the Moon and that governments don't have the resources or the appetite for doing it, certainly not both). China seems the most likely. Of course, what would be best is if the human race came to an agreement that space exploration is about more than narrow national interests and pooled their resources (this already exists in small ways, with organisations like the ESA and the Russian-American collaboration on the ISS (although I know they do their work independently for the most part when they're up there) but the chances of that happening are virtually nil.

I think the main reason for a Moonbase is to enable experimentation in microgravity and find out more about the Moon. Is there anything we get from going there that we don't get from being on the ISS? Not really, But how cool would it be to have humans living on another celestial object? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't satisfy a congressional committee but...

I was a child in the 60s, I grew up with Apollo. I was certain I would live to see a permanently inhabited moonbase. I'm not so sure I will, now. I'll settle for a woman on Mars.

• Like 2

I was a child in the 60s, I grew up with Apollo. I was certain I would live to see a permanently inhabited moonbase. I'm not so sure I will, now. I'll settle for a woman on Mars.

But women are from Venus! :D

• Like 3

According to the same wisdom men don't have to go there.

• Like 2

Yeah, and that's why a little bit of them is named after the place, right?

I voted for the astronaut.

Whaddya reckon; has Buzz had some work done?

Or: I said to Buzz Aldrin "I know you're pumped full of Botox - he didn't look surprised!"

gala_takei_2.jpg

Whaddya reckon; has Buzz had some work done?

Or: I said to Buzz Aldrin "I know you're pumped full of Botox - he didn't look surprised!"

gala_takei_2.jpg

Is this a hint that he doesn't expect to make it to a 50th anniversary bash in 2019? Odd to have a big event marking 47 years since the moon landing.

• Like 1

Fuck me! I think this is the first time I've ever got one right. :o

• Like 6

I'll vote for Alan Bean. Always wonder why he wasn't baked during the mission by hungry astronauts.

I'll vote for Alan Bean. Always wonder why he wasn't baked during the mission by hungry astronauts.

They couldn't take the risk of farts in their spacesuits.

Could put Al Worden into a new poll. Been to the moon, alive and kicking, and hopefully getting me some DDP points atsome stage this year