Sign in to follow this  
Magere Hein

MHDP

Hang on a sec: at what time did Jorgensen die? He died in Kopenhagen, AIUI, but was is before or after 5:30 am local time?

I think I've come up with a pretty solid team. Good luck to everyone else.

Although MH, why have you listed Joey Feek and Crowe in my team, I provided subs and there's a precedent for using them if people submit already dead people to a team (see DDP). I demand my subs are reinstated in place of the deceased.

He said that although he'd let you compete with a copycat theme, he'd punish you by not using your subs, so you compete with 18 people only.

It's not a copycat team. Also, he said not using subs, I thought that meant any additional substitutes. If I'd known that he wasn't going to use the subs he'd already provided I'd have asked to submit a new team. There's a very long precedent of teams with people who died, even years before rather than days as in this case, being submitted to a competition being removed by the game runner with the subs added in their place (see any other dead pool).

Oh come on. You posted that team on 14 March. Martin Crowe died on 3 March and Joey Feek on 4 March.

You even posted comments on Crowe's thread on 4 March and Feek's on 5 March, so don't pretend you didn't know.

That's beside the point, the precedent exists. I forgot they were in my team, as I'd come up with it at the beginning of march before they died and just copied and pasted it into the thread..

Hang on a sec: at what time did Jorgensen die? He died in Kopenhagen, AIUI, but was is before or after 5:30 am local time?

Tried to look for an hour of death to no avail, unfortunately. When his death was announced, it was around 5 pm in Denmark, and I doubt they would wait around 12 hours to announce a former leader's death, so my assumption is it'd be after 5:30 am. Your call though, ultimately.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-20/denmark-s-former-prime-minister-anker-joergensen-dies-at-93

This article says that the social-democratic party announced his death without providing details. So the exact time of death might remain unknown.

Edit: My extremely silly suggestion: Since he definitely died on the 20th, and the game covers about 3/4th of that day, make him a hit and give out three fourths of the points.

Formal matters first:

Although MH, why have you listed Joey Feek and Crowe in my team, I provided subs and there's a precedent for using them if people submit already dead people to a team (see DDP). I demand my subs are reinstated in place of the deceased.

Since Deathray posted a carbon copy of The Unknown Man's team, includIng dead picks, I conclude he nicked it. Denial is a river in Africa.

I still think it's not sport, but I didn't recognise this, which is of course stupid, and I let the team in.

This has two consequences:

• Should MHDP get a second season, there'll be a rule change: registration by PM only.
  • Ordinarilly I would replace dead picks by subs, but for Deathray's stolen stiffs I won't, just because I can (under rule 8.3) and because it pissed me off, and hope one of The Unknown Man's subs does the right thing. It would be quite unfair if both teams were to finish tied.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-20/denmark-s-former-prime-minister-anker-joergensen-dies-at-93

This article says that the social-democratic party announced his death without providing details. So the exact time of death might remain unknown.

Edit: My extremely silly suggestion: Since he definitely died on the 20th, and the game covers about 3/4th of that day, make him a hit and give out three fourths of the points.

Hmm, a Schroedinger solution. That would mean I should award probable points. Give that a miss.

From http://www.socialdemokraterne.dk/da/nyhedsarkiv/2016/3/mette-frederiksens-mindeord-til-anker-joergensen/I think I read that he died on Sunday, not before. So while he may have done the deed before the competition started, I count Jørgensen as a hit. Well done to the teams who picked him.

• Like 1

Formal matters first:

Since Deathray posted a carbon copy of The Unknown Man's team, includIng dead picks, I conclude he nicked it. Denial is a river in Africa.

I still think it's not sport, but I didn't recognise this, which is of course stupid, and I let the team in.

This has two consequences:

• Should MHDP get a second season, there'll be a rule change: registration by PM only.
  • Ordinarilly I would replace dead picks by subs, but for Deathray's stolen stiffs I won't, just because I can (under rule 8.3) and because it pissed me off, and hope one of The Unknown Man's subs does the right thing. It would be quite unfair if both teams were to finish tied.

Hmm, a Schroedinger solution. That would mean I should award probable points. Give that a miss.

From http://www.socialdemokraterne.dk/da/nyhedsarkiv/2016/3/mette-frederiksens-mindeord-til-anker-joergensen/I think I read that he died on Sunday, not before. So while he may have done the deed before the competition started, I count Jørgensen as a hit. Well done to the teams who picked him.

You realise rule 8.3 would have allowed you to reject my team retrospectively, or even throw it out now, as well?

I think I've come up with a pretty solid team. Good luck to everyone else.

He said that although he'd let you compete with a copycat theme, he'd punish you by not using your subs, so you compete with 18 people only.

It's not a copycat team. Also, he said not using subs, I thought that meant any additional substitutes. If I'd known that he wasn't going to use the subs he'd already provided I'd have asked to submit a new team. There's a very long precedent of teams with people who died, even years before rather than days as in this case, being submitted to a competition being removed by the game runner with the subs added in their place (see any other dead pool).

Oh come on. You posted that team on 14 March. Martin Crowe died on 3 March and Joey Feek on 4 March.

You even posted comments on Crowe's thread on 4 March and Feek's on 5 March, so don't pretend you didn't know.

That's beside the point, the precedent exists. I forgot they were in my team, as I'd come up with it at the beginning of march before they died and just copied and pasted it into the thread..

Forgot? ok....

Either it's an attempt at a serious team, which you claim is not plagiarised....

You put in a duplicate of somebody elses team because the rules were too complex? Then when pulled on it state there's nothing in the rules against it. Now you have a pop at the organiser? Who yes, happens to be an admin; One who has been nothing but a responsible, helpful and considerate admin at that, at least in the couple of years I've been around hereabouts...

Ah yes, you were previously banned recently, heading that way again it seems, and nobody would marvel at it if you keep this kind of thing up.

There are people behind the accounts here, you're not just being rude to a computer.

I didn't expect the team to be realistically considered. I'm not trying to be rude, but imagine there is a hundred hits in the MHDP and a thread was started after every one to "collect" obits - the forum would be clogged up with the rubbish.

....Or it's not.

Which is it?

In either case you have tangled yourself up here and any further wriggling isn't going to improve it.

Let it go.

Fuck it, I'd like to withdraw my rendition of TUM's team from the competition, this is probably best for all considered. A good lesson in making sure deadpool rules are well-written though.

Glad those Jorgensen points are safe - all the moreso since he's a unique for myself, and here more than anywhere that bonus helps take you far!

I see that the Rob Ford Obits thread is now for MHDP obits in general, so I take it I post my further findings for Jorgensen (have already at least found one further language for him) to there?

Fuck it, I'd like to withdraw my rendition of TUM's team from the competition, this is probably best for all considered. A good lesson in making sure deadpool rules are well-written though.

Check. I had hoped you would.

Check. Point about rules taken.

• Like 1

Check. I had hoped you would.

Check. Point about rules taken.

Hurriedly rushes off to check if there's anything the Hares Death Pools rules about team plagiarism....

As the MDHP now has two separate threads, I thought it was still worth noting in the master thread the death of Johan Cruyff this afternoon, thus beginning his 7-day obit window. And it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that I appear to be one of only two players who has him in the pool (darn you Rad Guy, I had high hopes for unique points!)

It's been a productive start for the MDHP - 3 deaths in the first week. I do feel however this is going to start getting confusing when it comes to cut-off dates. As far as I can see/recall:

Anker Jorgensen - 20/3/16 (so 27/3/16 is cut-off)

Rob Ford - 22/3/16 (29/3/16 cut-off)

Johan Cruyff - 24/3/16 (31/3/16 cut-off)

I'm sure Magere would be kind enough to correct me if I am mistaken. :)

Oh. Didn't even realize I had him here.

Well then, with 2 hits in the first 4 days, can't wait for the first scoreboard :D

I had him, too. Two hits in three days for me.

The game has just started and I'm already with my 3rd hit - Mother Angelica.

• Like 1

The game has just started and I'm already with my 3rd hit - Mother Angelica.

You are beginning to irritate me... :glare:

Los Angeles councilman Bill Rosendahl dead at 70. Posting it here as I see he's a unique for JiroemonKimura's team, though I'm guessing this will be the death that nets the least languages thus far.

English already and maybe Spanish since Los Angeles is in Mexifornia.

Los Angeles councilman Bill Rosendahl dead at 70. Posting it here as I see he's a unique for JiroemonKimura's team, though I'm guessing this will be the death that nets the least languages thus far.

This was one of my few hits that really was saddening. Even though I never met him personally, from what I've read Rosendahl was a kind-hearted individual who fought tirelessly for human rights.

Kris Travis my 4th hit. LMFAO