Bibliogryphon

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?

Who Do You Think Will Win The Democrat And Republican Nominations?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People, get used to President Trump. He's going to be the nominee, now it's just whether he can beat Hillary (or Bernie - but mostly Hillary). Cruz is giving another victory speech. Don't be fooled - he lost by a mile. It's Trump.

We're not there yet, I mean primaries aren't the presidential elections, but should Mr. T. be elected, we (i.e. Western Europe) should reconsider the alliance.

• Like 1

People, get used to President Trump. He's going to be the nominee, now it's just whether he can beat Hillary (or Bernie - but mostly Hillary). Cruz is giving another victory speech. Don't be fooled - he lost by a mile. It's Trump.

We're not there yet, I mean primaries aren't the presidential elections, but should Mr. T. be elected, we (i.e. Western Europe) should reconsider the alliance.

Fair enough, I agree the primaries aren't the presidential, but 2 months ago, no one thought he'd be the nominee. The point I was making is that he will be the nominee. I can't see who's going to beat him or how they'll do so. That then means he's in a 50:50 toss-up, probably with Hillary, for the presidential election. I'm not saying she can't win, and think she has a good chance, but 50:50 are odds I'm not that comfortable with...

• Like 1

Fair enough, I agree the primaries aren't the presidential, but 2 months ago, no one thought he'd be the nominee. The point I was making is that he will be the nominee. I can't see who's going to beat him or how they'll do so. That then means he's in a 50:50 toss-up, probably with Hillary, for the presidential election. I'm not saying she can't win, and think she has a good chance, but 50:50 are odds I'm not that comfortable with...

Trump has surprised many people but I guess shows how deeply pissed off people are with mainstream politics. Maybe the Democrats will now get behind Hilary as the only candidate likely to beat him. But who knows?

Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump. A sentence I never thought I'd write. Is this the first sign of the Republican Establishment coalescing behind the Donald?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/26/politics/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/index.html

Nah, he's after the VP slot.

• Like 1

I think Donald Trump will be a fine President, certainly better than the last 3 Presidents.

At least he isn't a religious nut like certain other candidates.

As for Hillary Clinton, she really is damaged goods, a vote for her is a vote for the status quo.

I think Donald Trump will be a fine President, certainly better than the last 3 Presidents.

As for Hillary Clinton, she really is damaged goods, a vote for her is a vote for the status quo.

Name one way in which he will be better.

• Like 1

He isn't part of the political establishment of Washington, that alone makes him a better choice.

Anyone who is likely to shake up the current status quo of american politics has to be a good thing.

I hope the same thing happens in the UK and we get away from the first past the post, two party stitch up we currently endure.

He isn't part of the political establishment of Washington, that alone makes him a better choice.

Anyone who is likely to shake up the current status quo of american politics has to be a good thing.

I hope the same thing happens in the UK and we get away from the first past the post, two party stitch up we currently endure.

Like the pronouncements of Trump, you haven't actually said anything. What will he do that is better than what has gone before? As an example, Obamacare.

Like the pronouncements of Trump, you haven't actually said anything. What will he do that is better than what has gone before? As an example, Obamacare.

Obamacare is a fucking joke, that useless pile of shite is worth fuck all.

Obama has been the worst President in decades.

If Trump keeps out the illegals then he's doing great.

We need to do the same in the UK, leave the EU and eject all those eastern european opportunists out of our country.

Control our borders and keep out any more Africans/Halibuts. The UK is full, fuck off foreigners.

We need to do the same in the UK, leave the EU and eject all those eastern european opportunists out of our country.

Control our borders and keep out any more Africans/Halibuts. The UK is full, fuck off foreigners.

As a person of Polish descent, I do not blame you for hating Eastern Europeans.

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Oh dear. It's not bankers, or amazon not paying tax,or a meritocracy supporting a powerful hegemonic elite, all our woes are caused by Polish plumbers and Pakistani taxi drivers - that's where the power is.

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Oh dear. It's not bankers, or amazon not paying tax,or a meritocracy supporting a powerful hegemonic elite, all our woes are caused by Polish plumbers and Pakistani taxi drivers - that's where the power is.

Oh no, I hate the Capitalist system too, I want to see an economic meltdown. The surest way to bring this about is the election of maverick/extremist politicians.

Hasten the day I say, let it all burn.

penguin don't bother with him. He is an idiot.

Oh no, I hate the Capitalist system too, I want to see an economic meltdown. The surest way to bring this about is the election of maverick/extremist politicians.

The nihilistic approach didn't really work for Germany. And Trump isn't a maverick or extremist. He's a billionaire narcissist. The only way to get real change is to have coherent policies and mobilise people behind them. But that takes time and effort.

The nihilistic approach didn't really work for Germany. And Trump isn't a maverick or extremist. He's a billionaire narcissist. The only way to get real change is to have coherent policies and mobilise people behind them. But that takes time and effort.

I want utter oblivion of humanity, the sooner the better.

Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump. A sentence I never thought I'd write. Is this the first sign of the Republican Establishment coalescing behind the Donald?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/26/politics/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/index.html

Not sure I'd want to be too closely associated with Trump, especially if he loses. Think it's mostly that he really hates Rubio and Rubio had a good night last night. Not sure what Christie adds to a ticket: he's from the state next door and if you believe in Trump: the big cheese in business then you're not looking for any extra executive experience that Christie brings as a governor. He's not even the most conservative of Republicans, which would be another plus from Trump's point-of-view. Whatever his motives, it scuppers any hopes Cruz and Rubio had of slowing the Trump juggernaut.

I thought the 'status quo' in American politics was gridlock where the moderate Republican establishment are beholden to the extreme Tea Party wing of their party. Not sure how Donald Trump helps with that in the slightest. I'm particularly looking forward to his mythical plan to get Mexico to pay for his wall. It's impressive how much he has to say and yet how little he actually says.

On Obamacare: "We're gonna have many different plans...no there's no more to add on that."

On the illegals (you know, the ones who already live in the US, not the ones on the other side of the wall trying to get in): "You're going to have a deportation force, and you're going to do it humanely."

On ISIS: "I would bomb the sh*t out of them."

On whether he could be trusted to appoint a conservative Supreme Court justice: "Yes I would, and I've been there very strongly."

On his refusal to release his tax returns: "You don't learn anything from a tax return, you learn it from statements I filed, which show I'm worth over $10bn. I built a great company, with very little debt. People were very shocked...As far as my return - I wanna file it - except, for many years, I've been audited - every year. 12 years - or something like that - every year, they audit me. Audit me. Audit me. Nobody gets audited - I have friends who are very wealthy people, they never get audited, I get audited every year - I will absolutely give my return but I'm being audited right now, for two or three years so I can't do it until the audit is finished, obviously. And I'm sure the people would understand that."

How any of those statements tell us anything about what he would do as President, I'm unclear. I'm looking forward to the post-Trump era, when President Lisa Simpson takes office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45bAiu_tzg

I'd love to discuss the fullness of Britain, but unfortunately, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to type due to the increasingly large number of Eastern Europeans pressing against me.

A shrewd move, as Trump will be assassinated and the fat man takes power. An obese US President would be extremely apt...

A shrewd move, as Trump will be assassinated and the fat man takes power. An obese US President would be extremely apt...

Might finally give William Howard Taft a run for his money: "Taft is remembered as the heaviest president; he was 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m) tall and his weight peaked at 335–340 pounds (152–154 kg) toward the end of his presidency, though he reduced this after his presidency, and weighed by 1929 just 244 pounds (111 kg)." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Howard_Taft

Christie weighed in at around 400 pounds before 'lap band surgery' to reduce his stomach.Can't find a definitive current weight. Hell of a pic from the 'before' though. You think he's big now... http://s12.postimg.org/5a11pa4y5/chris_christie_december_7_1.jpg

• Like 1

Whatsisface said that last night about the illegals, Trump laughed and said be was the only one of the candidates that actually personally employed anycunt.

Fair point.

Whatsisface said that last night about the illegals, Trump laughed and said be was the only one of the candidates that actually personally employed anycunt.

Fair point.

It was Rubio who fluffed it. Point is Trump knows as much as any billionaire capitalist, cheap labour is profit. Get rid of the Mexicans and hurt his competitors as he's got the Polish illegals tied up working for him through union deals and mafia connections. He'll be like Burlusconi if he gets in a self-serving narcissist.

[Trump]'ll be like Burlusconi if he gets in a self-serving narcissist.

Does he own a football club?

Guest Droosy

[Trump]'ll be like Burlusconi if he gets in a self-serving narcissist.

Does he own a football club?

No, but he owns the Miss Universe, which is even a dirtier competition than the Italian football league