Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

GCReptile -- In case you DO crank up Shameless 3.0, here's an easy addition, and a Sky article to boot.  

Ben Lindon is about to undergo his 100th round of chemotherapy as part of a long fight with brain cancer.
SC

51 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

GCReptile -- In case you DO crank up Shameless 3.0, here's an easy addition, and a Sky article to boot.  

Ben Lindon is about to undergo his 100th round of chemotherapy as part of a long fight with brain cancer.
SC

Well, I also thought about fielding a glioBLASToma theme team. 

I'm not sure if Charlie Gard was ever mentioned in this thread but:
Charlie Gard's parents end legal fight as "time runs out" for 11 month old Charlie, who was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition.
More in this article http://news.sky.com/story/parents-end-legal-fight-to-treat-charlie-gard-in-the-us-10959824

Shoutout to one of the related articles about police warning you that criminals could hack your kettle.

7 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

I'm not sure if Charlie Gard was ever mentioned in this thread but:
Charlie Gard's parents end legal fight as "time runs out" for 11 month old Charlie, who was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition.
More in this article http://news.sky.com/story/parents-end-legal-fight-to-treat-charlie-gard-in-the-us-10959824

Shoutout to one of the related articles about police warning you that criminals could hack your kettle.

Sad for the baby, but all the articles make it hard to research! 

I don't even know if the british care about this story, because I am ONLY seeing it in american media. 

• Like 1

At a risk of sounding like a complete twat I just don't think that Charlie Gard should be a TV news story - it is a personal tragedy for the family and a difficult legal case for the people involved but I'm not sure why I need to be getting regular daily updates and sharing the misery - we all have enough personal misery from time to time in our own lives.

Seems to me the media just know that ill baby photos sell but sadly there are lots of young children dying every day and it is not practical or desireable to watch the news and read a newspaper with a roll call of dying infants and their photos.

• Like 4

Great to see Charlie dying just in time for his dad to go in Celebrity Big Brother.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

At a risk of sounding like a complete twat I just don't think that Charlie Gard should be a TV news story - it is a personal tragedy for the family and a difficult legal case for the people involved but I'm not sure why I need to be getting regular daily updates and sharing the misery - we all have enough personal misery from time to time in our own lives.

Seems to me the media just know that ill baby photos sell but sadly there are lots of young children dying every day and it is not practical or desireable to watch the news and read a newspaper with a roll call of dying infants and their photos.

Agreed. Whenever people see "ill" and "baby/infant/child" in the same sentence (maybe altered a little bit differently), it drives clicks to the article and all you get in response in the comments or whatever is those annoying brit middle aged moms who put x at the end of each sentence.

By the way I'm not saying sending prayers to ones family is a bad thing, it's that the x's peeve me.

• Like 2

I think Charlie's parents are being ungrateful to the doctors who cared for Charlie by blaming them. Its not like they gave him that terminal diagnosis for fun, they are trained professionals. I get that they are under emotional distress but it still seems wrong. R.I.P Charlie.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Agreed. Whenever people see "ill" and "baby/infant/child" in the same sentence (maybe altered a little bit differently), it drives clicks to the article and all you get in response in the comments or whatever is those annoying brit middle aged moms who put x at the end of each sentence.

By the way I'm not saying sending prayers to ones family is a bad thing, it's that the x's peeve me.

Try surviving a mom get together on the royal wedding. My mom brought over five of her friends to watch it live. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Try surviving a mom get together on the royal wedding. My mom brought over five of her friends to watch it live. 

jesus, I can only imagine.

3 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Anyway it's pointless sending prayers to the people who are in trouble

"Thoughts and prayers go out to ...." is another recent nonsensical catchphrase.

By all means let people know that they are in your thoughts and prayers, but your prayers need to be addressed elsewhere.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, I also thought about fielding a glioBLASToma theme team. 

DDP rejected team name: Having a BLAST-oma

Shameless update, if you care (I'm basically emptying my vault - not planning on submitting it a third time):

Aundrea Bannatyne - tweeted that she's lying dying, listening to Ed Sheeran

Gemma Nuttall - went to Hallwang Clinic and they healed her, miraculously, very interesting to see if this actually works

Bobby Zarin - miraculously recovering, indeed the Monty Brinson of 2018, probably dying in January as well

Emma Houlston - still nothing

Cheyann Shaw/Clark/Tunt - posting cute dog videos on YouTube. Healed

Heidi Loughlin - doing chemo, cancer under control, ok for now

Leanne Hock - was last seen getting an award for Best Mom and raising money for alternative treatment in Mexico

Sophie Sabbage - bad news last week, going down in a couple of months

Juan Pedro Franco - has lost 218 kilos of weight, good for him! Still on oxygen, though. The organs were tortured pretty badly.

Laura Saull - heavy chemo, in pain, going down eventually

There's 1-2 more hits coming, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Shameless update, if you care (I'm basically emptying my vault - not planning on submitting it a third time):

Aundrea Bannatyne - tweeted that she's lying dying, listening to Ed Sheeran

Gemma Nuttall - went to Hallwang Clinic and they healed her, miraculously, very interesting to see if this actually works

Bobby Zarin - miraculously recovering, indeed the Monty Brinson of 2018, probably dying in January as well

Emma Houlston - still nothing

Cheyann Shaw/Clark/Tunt - posting cute dog videos on YouTube. Healed

Heidi Loughlin - doing chemo, cancer under control, ok for now

Leanne Hock - was last seen getting an award for Best Mom and raising money for alternative treatment in Mexico

Sophie Sabbage - bad news last week, going down in a couple of months

Juan Pedro Franco - has lost 218 kilos of weight, good for him! Still on oxygen, though. The organs were tortured pretty badly.

Laura Saull - heavy chemo, in pain, going down eventually

There's 1-2 more hits coming, I guess. 

Why no third go?

You will get more than 2.

2 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Why no third go?

Because all it's doing is preventing other theme team hopefuls to win. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Why no third go?

Well, I didn't succeed in getting these picks banned in spite of the shamelessness of it all. I probably only made it worse. And indeed, if I'd field it again, I'd probably win the Theme Team League again, without any competition (boring). If I'd field it, I'd also want to do better than last time, and if Shameless 2018 did even better than Shameless 2017, then it might actually be one of the contenders, which I think is fairly unhealthy for the whole competition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I think if shameless won the whole thing, I think a whole bunch of people would quit, and we don't want that to happen to the DDP. 

Yeah that would have caused problems.

Texas Tech walk-on quarterback Luke Gonsioroski has died of cancer at the age of 18.  Texas Tech football announced Gonsioroski's death on Twitter.

Gonsioroski committed to Texas Tech in January.  He began undergoing chemotherapy treatments in March 2016.

He was declared cancer-free following two rounds of chemotherapy but underwent surgery three months later to remove the tumor which Kusek described as being "roughly the size of two footballs."

(Sorry for the massive photo....ah well, screw it).

View image on Twitter

8-year old girl Evie Clark is going to walk 12 miles this Saturday to raise cancer funds in honor of her friend Natalie Daniells who died from cancer this January:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/people/gosport-girl-is-walking-12-miles-in-memory-of-natalie-daniells-1-8090265

Is the national press going to pick up the story? Shameless could really use those 12 points.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 13:52, gcreptile said:

Polly Haydock, cancer mum and a Shameless reject, but picked by four DDP teams, gets more support from Peter Kay:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/peter-kay-live-blackpool-tickets-13046937

He already staged a charity show for her benefit which catapulted her into the news in the first place, now there'll be a second one next month.

Dead: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/northwest/15467855.Inspirational_mum_of_three_dies_after_brave_battle_with_cancer/

Don't think Shameless's descendants will still have Shauntelle Tynan to field next year:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a UK teacher who had contracted E Coli in Turkey, on top of having advance colon cancer on their long list. 

Anyways, she's dead.