Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

Not by the mirror or mail this time. I see...

I accidentally discovered two wonderful Shameless 3.0 entrants.  
Mind if I take it over LOL
I abhor such entries but maybe I'll cache their names away depending on DDP rules 2018.

SC

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Would surprise me now if she obited that late in the year. She doesn't (edit: didn't) blog, or fundraise for others.

She was at Hallwang Clinic by the way. It's no miracle cure after all, though she outlasted her prognosis (6-12 months) by a month.

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Would surprise me now if she obited that late in the year. She doesn't (edit: didn't) blog, or fundraise for others.

She was at Hallwang Clinic by the way. It's no miracle cure after all, though she outlasted her prognosis (6-12 months) by a month.

Wow, a whole month, it's a miracle.

My grandfather did that sitting in his armchair drinking whisky!

On 20.7.2017 at 19:22, gcreptile said:

Tempted to field Shameless a third time, you know why... but....must....resist...

Well, 50% of that pick is dead by now, QO would have been given by The Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4182935/heartache-cancer-edward-stewart-family-dies/

Well y'all would know more than I if a person who won a huge lawsuit in America would stand a chance of an obit in the U.K.  I presume it's interesting news so who knows, maybe when she croaks someone will pick the story up off the wire.
A Los Angeles jury on Monday ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay a record US$417 million to a woman who claimed in a lawsuit that the talc in the company’s iconic baby powder caused her ovarian cancer.  The verdict in the lawsuit brought by the California woman, Eva Echeverria, marks the largest sum awarded in a series of talcum powder lawsuit verdicts against Johnson & Johnson in courts around the US.
SC

25 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Well y'all would know more than I if a person who won a huge lawsuit in America would stand a chance of an obit in the U.K.  I presume it's interesting news so who knows, maybe when she croaks someone will pick the story up off the wire.
A Los Angeles jury on Monday ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay a record US$417 million to a woman who claimed in a lawsuit that the talc in the company’s iconic baby powder caused her ovarian cancer.  The verdict in the lawsuit brought by the California woman, Eva Echeverria, marks the largest sum awarded in a series of talcum powder lawsuit verdicts against Johnson & Johnson in courts around the US.
SC

BBC reported that yesterday, I think.

Yep, here it is

• Like 1

On 18/08/2016 at 18:16, gcreptile said:

A young man named Dean Eastmond writes in the Guardian about living with Ewing's sarcoma:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/18/cancer-side-effect-masculinity

No word on whether it has spread. Previously, he was in the news for talking about being raped:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3352295/Teenager-reveals-raped-man.html

Hmm...he really puts it all out there...

Making some news headlines after getting his makeup done by former RPDR contestant Charlie Hides. Could he ride this to a QO in 2018 or will he cark it before that became a question players have to worry about?

Fuck, he was the potential 30-point joker I was talking about.

I knew gcreptile had mentioned him in 2016, but assumed since nobody picked him for 2017, he was off people's radars.

Oh, well. Lesson learned not to assume any pick is a unique.

He probably ain't making 2018 anyway.

If anyone's wondering, the way I found him was via Kris Hallenga's Twitter.

27 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Fuck, he was the potential 30-point joker I was talking about.

I knew gcreptile had mentioned him in 2016, but assumed since nobody picked him for 2017, he was off people's radars.

Oh, well. Lesson learned not to assume any pick is a unique.

He probably ain't making 2018 anyway.

If anyone's wondering, the way I found him was via Kris Hallenga's Twitter.

He was on my mental List of People I Know Other DDPers Will Pick, in a manner of speaking...

For example, Tony Beard in 2016. Knew he was ill, knew he was dying, had a reasonable (correct) gut feeling he wouldn't obit, noted for potential Deathrace use (in end I went DDP team), but also knew he'd be on a few DDP teams...

If it's any consolation, Eastmond is on my longlist. So he would have received the Google/Twitter treatment in December. But I'm sure he'll write a couple of prominently placed articles until then, anyway.

Sounds like many of you obtain valuable info from Twitter, which puts me at an even greater disadvantage cuz I absolutely and steadfastly refuse to sign up for that.  Alas...
:(
SC

I knew about Eastmond as well and yeah, was never going to be a sneak unique pick. Figured he was the one RadGuy alluded to, given RadGuy made a "he probably won't see the new year anyway with the latest news" post a day or two after Eastmond's "probably just weeks left" tweet.

Ha, I should have expected this to happen. Everybody had him on their shortlists.

At least I found out early on in the "team-making season" and have 4 months left to find a better joker.

He wont make 2018.On his Facebook 4 weeks ago he said the cancer has engulfed his left lung is surrounding the heart as well as being in the liver and there wereno treatment options left.

Nowt linkable at the moment but the printed edition of the Kent Messenger today has a piece on a fundraising party for local marginal case Kirsty Keep - in aid of getting her medical treatment in the USA.

Should title this thread Least Significant Death of [Year]

Stephanie Slater, who was kidnapped by killer Michael Sams in 1992, has died aged 50 after a short battle with cancer.
Maybe that fact pushes her outside this thread.  I don't believe so.  Quick...name another kidnap victim.  See.
SC

• Angry 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Should title this thread Least Significant Death of [Year]

Stephanie Slater, who was kidnapped by killer Michael Sams in 1992, has died aged 50 after a short battle with cancer.
Maybe that fact pushes her outside this thread.  I don't believe so.  Quick...name another kidnap victim.  See.
SC

Patty Hearst.  I could name a good few others, but never mind.

Stephanie is certainly not "famous for being ill".  girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif 

She will be remembered by many people in the UK as this was quite a notorious case. 

I am sorry that she did not have a long happy life after all she went through.

Terry Waite?

Norman Kember?

Elizabeth Smart?

Off the top of my head.

• Like 3