Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

The weekend hole... there'll be no obit on him tomorrow but maybe Monday. If not then, then maybe after his funeral, but then...

Bad for the Mirror QO: He was no cancer mum, or girl.

Haha, that’s three deathrace deaths announced in one day. If only this carnage happened a few weeks earlier... :P 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Haha, that’s three deathrace deaths announced in one day. If only this carnage happened a few weeks earlier... :P 

Actually, I’ve just discovered that Jordan Pruden died a couple days ago according to a Facebook post. Make that four names I found out in one day. He won’t be getting any obit though...

On 1/22/2018 at 21:05, YoungWillz said:

Fuck sake, he got the Mail. Even more surprisingly, via AP copy/paste - not a sob story article. Nobody took a punt on him in the DDP. :banghead:

Think we all assumed he wouldn’t obit at this point. Even if I did have a feeling he would’ve gotten an obit, I still wouldn’t have picked him cause I wanted to avoid FFBI this year...

Funny how that goes... On the other hand, Ian Toothill must now be a List of the Lost-er.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Funny how that goes... On the other hand, Ian Toothill must now be a List of the Lost-er.

One guy has a sole reference on 15th Dec. Other guy has multiple references in 7 Qualifying obit sources.

It's staggering.

• Like 1

I’ll admit that when a deathbed person gets an obit over someone who made an actual bonafide achievement, it is disappointing...

• Like 3

Toothill's funeral is on the 8th. Probably the last quasi-plausible chance he gets anything. But I think he's a LotLer now tbh.

Don't know if it'll spur a QO, but Jeff Prestridge from the Mail on Sunday just tweeted about Ian Toothill.

Also, outside chance of an obit if Sheffield Wednesday either do stupendously well or draw Sheffield United in the FA Cup?

I'm not giving up on the belief that he'll get a QO in the end, because he will, trust me.

Not saying that he has no chance of getting an obit (cause I also believe there’s an outside chance for him to get one even if it’s unlikely at this point), but your comment does give some Ben Suisala deja vu. Of course, these are people in two different categories (though my false confidence was due to the rugby hopeful part), but I feel like since it has been 7 months since his achievement was last done, I think the media has kind of forgotten about him now, especially since they wrote an obit for Ron Villemaire instead...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dead Cow said:

Don't know if it'll spur a QO, but Jeff Prestridge from the Mail on Sunday just tweeted about Ian Toothill.

Also, outside chance of an obit if Sheffield Wednesday either do stupendously well or draw Sheffield United in the FA Cup?

I'm not giving up on the belief that he'll get a QO in the end, because he will, trust me.

Jeff Prestridge has just been shot dead before he could write an obit. It was a coincidence if I was there.

Sara Chivers has died - https://www.vogue.com.au/culture/features/remembering-sara-chivers-with-her-personal-heartbreaking-account-of-being-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer/news-story/2ad25fca51e2fdf55e4b99301cdb8d86

No QO yet but the *sigh* "cancer mum writes a letter to her kids, one of whom also has cancer" headline means something Mail is inevitable.

5 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Sara Chivers has died - https://www.vogue.com.au/culture/features/remembering-sara-chivers-with-her-personal-heartbreaking-account-of-being-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer/news-story/2ad25fca51e2fdf55e4b99301cdb8d86

No QO yet but the *sigh* "cancer mum writes a letter to her kids, one of whom also has cancer" headline means something Mail is inevitable.

She was the last cancer mum I dropped. I don't regret that decision even though I knew she was going to die...

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5324709/Sara-Chivers-dies-terminal-brain-tumours.html

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 03:39, Joey Russ said:

Think we all assumed he wouldn’t obit at this point. Even if I did have a feeling he would’ve gotten an obit, I still wouldn’t have picked him cause I wanted to avoid FFBI this year...

Aye, and re those Deathrace q/o I'm led to believe Alice Ducat got some coverage in her local press - on paper but not one of the pages they put online. 

Surely this Toothill obit was posted, but I'm just making sure.  The banter here seems to suggest otherwise, which is odd.  This was posted on the 19th.
SC

Edit: OK I see what is going on...this is a regional obit innit?  So no go?  Hmmm that's a tough one for those who have him.

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Surely this Toothill obit was posted, but I'm just making sure.  The banter here seems to suggest otherwise, which is odd.  This was posted on the 19th.
SC

*facepalm*

That's BBC local. Has to be national. You were literally a part of a discussion about this when the Toothill news first broke...

• Like 1

It's a local BBC page, which doesn't count under current DDP rules.

13 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

*facepalm*

That's BBC local. Has to be national. You were literally a part of a discussion about this when the Toothill news first broke...

I was hacked!

• Haha 1