Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

I suck at picking Shameless types.  But try I must.
One of my two, my slam dunk, somehow has raised $ to get treatment in Germany.  The 'immunotherapy' is experimental and may not amount to much, but I DO find it interesting that Karen Land has a date set in March, seeing as she was given 3 months to live around Christmas and it's presently early February.  Shouldn't she be leaving next week?  I"ve been duped....haven't I?
SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

she was given 3 months to live around Christmas and it's presently early February.  Shouldn't she be leaving next week?  I"ve been duped....haven't I?

Not really. If she's been given 3 months to live around Christmas, then:

20th of December (0 months) > 20th of January (1 month) > 20th of February (2 months) > 20th of March (3 months).

And these are just rough estimates anyways, and might have been given with a treatment scenario (e.g. 3 months with no treatment, 7 months with optimum treatment [chemo+radioth.]).

The chemotherapy I am having is going to stop working quite quickly - approximately six months according to the doctor with this type of cancer

Anyways, I think she's quite likely to die before December, I'd worry more about the obit chances.

0.003% chance it'll be picked up anywhere in the media beyond mid-Michigan, but keep an eye on this stage 4 cancer patient (Sandra Lindahl) who's 117-year old house just burnt down in Jackson, MI.  An 'local interest' story at best, I would think.  Spade Cooley seeing as we can't use her for Cup purposes I am posting :-) 

Lindahl, 72, was diagnosed about two years ago with Stage 4 cancer, of the bones and breasts.  "It's bad enough to have incurable cancer," said Sandra Lindahl, a teacher for 40 years in Napoleon.

Ya don't say?
SC

Becca Schofield, medulloblastoma-stricken teenager who sparked the 2017 #beccatoldmeto Twitter trend encouraging people to perform random acts of kindness, has died aged 18. Would assume the Mail or Metro will pick it up at some point, but nobody plumped for her on the DDP.

22 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Becca Schofield, medulloblastoma-stricken teenager who sparked the 2017 #beccatoldmeto Twitter trend encouraging people to perform random acts of kindness, has died aged 18. Would assume the Mail or Metro will pick it up at some point, but nobody plumped for her on the DDP.

Could be she wasn't 18 on Jan 1?  Just a thought.  "Schofield recently graduated from Riverview High School."  Don't know what that means 'recent''....they prolly let her grad-idg-ee-ate early so maybe December?   I was 17 when I graduated, but I am a June baby.  Maybe most are 18, in my mind everyone is 17 lol.

SC

There were articles from 2017 mentioning she already turned 18. TBH I think the big reason none of the more shameless DDP teams risked her was because she was Canadian rather than British/American/Australian.

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Could be she wasn't 18 on Jan 1?  Just a thought.  "Schofield recently graduated from Riverview High School."  Don't know what that means 'recent''....they prolly let her grad-idg-ee-ate early so maybe December?   I was 17 when I graduated, but I am a June baby.  Maybe most are 18, in my mind everyone is 17 lol.

SC

Now I actually checked... Her birthday is the 1st of September:

http://www.scottyandtony.com/2017/09/beccatoldmeto-update-rebeccas-birthday.html

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok, which one of you is this? :P

Wasnae me but good luck to him anyway.

Hmm, do we know any Liverpool fans? :lol:

He also asked the same thing to the Guardian journo who reported on Tooty's Everest conquering.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

He also asked the same thing to the Guardian journo who reported on Tooty's Everest conquering.

Should ask the Times too, they covered the Everest bit too.

Free advice for "Pete".

Just don't waste your time asking the Independent, "Pete". I mean, they covered that part too... but yeah.

The Dead Cow was remarkably certain about this ;)

Tbh, a part of me hopes that he gets the obit anyways despite knowing the fact that it would push me back on the DDP leaderboard...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbh, a part of me hopes that he gets the obit anyways despite knowing the fact that it would push me back on the DDP leaderboard...

Me too. Though I'm narked in general that Everest climbers, Disney voice actresss and pioneering rocket scientists aren't getting QOs, but no name mums with fatal cancers are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Me too. Though I'm narked in general that Everest climbers, Disney voice actresss and pioneering rocket scientists aren't getting QOs, but no name mums with fatal cancers are.

Not forgetting prolific TV script writers...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The Dead Cow was remarkably certain about this ;)

Nah, not me, my name's not Pete and I have no interest in Liverpool whatsoever. I'm still certain he'll obit though.

Can't be that much of a friend though, if he thinks he died 'earlier this month' when he in fact died last month.

• Like 1

He also thinks season three of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was good, rather than a confused fucking mess that completely throws away what was a great series for one-and-a-bit seasons before Greg was written out of it, so he's clearly a nutjob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He also thinks season three of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was good.........

That squarely rules me out.

Helen Pidd (the Guardian journo) responded to the tweet sent her way:

While I wouldn’t be mad if he obitted, I’ll admit, I‘d be very annoyed if Pete was the author of the Toothill obit...

Still, it's pretty damned pathetic.  New rule, not only can you not murder the person to gain points, but you can't promote the publication of an obit either, to me the person may as well have murdered them, seeing as it's a 2-step process for the 'hit'.  What's the difference which step they indulge in?  No difference, that's what.

SC

Imo, there’s nothing wrong with asking a QO to write an obit. The thing is, they don’t have to listen to your request for an obit, so it’s not like an obit will definitely happen if you ask a publication for an obit...

Lol was thinking I could send the request using another name lol they get penalized oh the joy of DPing

Emma Houlston - picked by me and Cpt. Chorizo last year is still alive - after a year of silence. She's on immunotherapy but has to take a break from it now:

https://www.gofundme.com/EmmaLastStand