Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

That's the type of picks I avoid for the DDP. They always seem so sad, but there's so many of them running around it really takes a lot of the pity away. At the very least, it's much more disappointing that she got an obit over the likes of Ian Toothill...

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That's the type of picks I avoid for the DDP. They always seem so sad, but there's so many of them running around it really takes a lot of the pity away. At the very least, it's much more disappointing that she got an obit over the likes of Ian Toothill...

Aye, think we all saw her case last year. Anyone I pick for the Pan Breed team interests me in some way or other, whereas this was just a sad story*. Think there's enough interesting folk or good picks out there, the best picks** are the ones you want to read more about, and there's not more want to read about a tragic nonentities cancer case. imo, of course.

*There are 1 or 2 exceptions over 6 years, but remember I am a hypocrite. :P

** Insert "The best picks are the ones that die" before anyone else does.

Shalom Ouanounou obit watch part 5:

His mom feels "connected" to the case of Alfie Evans:

https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/baby-alfie-case-resonated-with-shalom-ouanounous-mother

Also, on May 15th a judge will decide whether the Ouanounou case will proceed in court - potentially to the Canadian Supreme Court, making a QO extremely likely. The parallel case of Taquisha McKitty will also be decided on that day.

A slightly misplaced obit, as her blog 'Metestatically Speaking' was followed by many and she made appearances on daily TV talk shows a couple years ago post-diagnosis, Larissa Podermanski died May 10 while at her cousin's wedding in Barbados.   I knew she was beginning liver failure but sounded like she had a couple months left which is why I didn't pick her in the Cup this month.  Alas.  RIP Larissa.
SC

Recently, I came across the media company SoulPancake. They have a YouTube series by the name of My Last Days. You can guess what it's about.

There have been 9 people featured in it and 5 of them have since died, but 4 are still alive and remain as terminally ill as ever:

Shane Burcaw

• 25, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, life expectancy below 30
  • has written 3 books

Ann Silberman

• 58, terminal Stage IV breast cancer for 7 years
  • runs a blog called "But Doctor... I Hate Pink!"

Claire Wineland

• 21, cystic fibrosis, transplanted lung which has failed
  • non-profit organisation called Claire's Place Foundation

Darth Vader (yes, really)

• 43, given 10 years to live with leukaemia 13 years ago
  • regularly competes in Tough Mudder competitions
  • Like 4

Wineland actually has her own Wikipedia page and still has news coverage elsewhere, so she’s probably the most likely of the four to receive a qualifying obit. Burcaw received some Telegraph coverage back in 2015, so while he’s very unlikely to receive a follow up, it’s not entirely implausible. I would be surprised if the other two received a qualifying obit though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wineland actually has her own Wikipedia page and still has news coverage elsewhere, so she’s probably the most likely of the four to receive a qualifying obit. Burcaw received some Telegraph coverage back in 2015, so while he’s very unlikely to receive a follow up, it’s not entirely implausible. I would be surprised if the other two received a qualifying obit though...

Wouldn't be surprised if they both got coverage. Also, how the hell do you find an obit for someone called Darth Vader?

Larissa P got an RIP tweet from Mariah Carey....

Yessir -- I'm hoping someone in the UK who is a Mariah fan LOL picks up on that.  Hey, Larissa has Ms. Carey in her corner, it may be enough.

EDIT: Looks like a shout out from NBC's 'Today' show site.  Who knows?   And Today's Megyn Kelly's FB page.

EDIT #2: Looks like a shout out from Yahoo UK.  Will a QO source pick up on it?

Starting to think this went from a 2% chance to a 20% chance.

Back to a 10% chance.  Daily Mail does a big write-up on Mariah just yesterday, and no mention of Larissa or tweet.  So they're out.

23 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Recently, I came across the media company SoulPancake. They have a YouTube series by the name of My Last Days. You can guess what it's about.

There have been 9 people featured in it and 5 of them have since died, but 4 are still alive and remain as terminally ill as ever:

Shane Burcaw

• 25, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, life expectancy below 30
  • has written 3 books

Ann Silberman

• 58, terminal Stage IV breast cancer for 7 years
  • runs a blog called "But Doctor... I Hate Pink!"

Claire Wineland

• 21, cystic fibrosis, transplanted lung which has failed
  • non-profit organisation called Claire's Place Foundation

Darth Vader (yes, really)

• 43, given 10 years to live with leukaemia 13 years ago
  • regularly competes in Tough Mudder competitions

HMMM

So, there's a little too much fish in a barrel stink about this site. I'm saying here and now that if there's is the only obit available then as MMMDP supremo I wouldn't count it. This is too low hanging even for me!!

On 5/5/2018 at 02:17, gcreptile said:

Shalom Ouanounou obit watch part 5:

His mom feels "connected" to the case of Alfie Evans:

https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/baby-alfie-case-resonated-with-shalom-ouanounous-mother

Also, on May 15th a judge will decide whether the Ouanounou case will proceed in court - potentially to the Canadian Supreme Court, making a QO extremely likely. The parallel case of Taquisha McKitty will also be decided on that day.

Decision probably won’t be announced till next week (near the bottom). 

On 5/14/2018 at 08:23, Sir Creep said:

Yessir -- I'm hoping someone in the UK who is a Mariah fan LOL picks up on that.  Hey, Larissa has Ms. Carey in her corner, it may be enough.

EDIT: Looks like a shout out from NBC's 'Today' show site.  Who knows?   And Today's Megyn Kelly's FB page.

EDIT #2: Looks like a shout out from Yahoo UK.  Will a QO source pick up on it?

Starting to think this went from a 2% chance to a 20% chance.

Back to a 10% chance.  Daily Mail does a big write-up on Mariah just yesterday, and no mention of Larissa or tweet.  So they're out.

EDIT #3: Well fuck.  Looks like 60 hours later it ain't-a-gonna happen.  What bullshit.  After 2 years in a row with 'Lost' DDP deaths, I did my homework, made sure the person had previously been written up in UK media, and submitted the list.  What kind of fucking rag is the Daily Mail, who does a story on the deceased not 8 months ago, and does a write-up on Mariah Carey the same day as her famous 'tweet', which shows what a caring person she is (lol) and should easily have been mentioned in the story had the tweet happened 24 hours earlier.  I believe her tour is coming to the UK for 3 shows and that is why the published story.  The stars perfectly aligned here and STILL the goddamn Daily Mail drops the ball!   F.u.c.k.e.r.s.   Fuck you fucking Daily Mail, you fucking fuckers.
I've been Toothilled!

SC (he of the 3 years in a row DDP 'Lost' entrant)

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

What kind of fucking rag is the Daily Mail,

Daily-Mail-blackshirts.jpg

Well, come on, he did ask! :D

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

What kind of fucking rag is the Daily Mail

A  cunty one, as any fule kno.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

EDIT #3: Well fuck.  Looks like 60 hours later it ain't-a-gonna happen.  What bullshit.  After 2 years in a row with 'Lost' DDP deaths, I did my homework, made sure the person had previously been written up in UK media, and submitted the list.  What kind of fucking rag is the Daily Mail, who does a story on the deceased not 8 months ago, and does a write-up on Mariah Carey the same day as her famous 'tweet', which shows what a caring person she is (lol) and should easily have been mentioned in the story had the tweet happened 24 hours earlier.  I believe her tour is coming to the UK for 3 shows and that is why the published story.  The stars perfectly aligned here and STILL the goddamn Daily Mail drops the ball!   F.u.c.k.e.r.s.   Fuck you fucking Daily Mail, you fucking fuckers.
I've been Toothilled!

SC (he of the 3 years in a row DDP 'Lost' entrant)

I agree with you, third worst website on the internet

On 30.4.2018 at 20:01, gcreptile said:

Drowning you in suggestions:

Vicky Phelan, young Irish woman with missed cancer, sneaky Mirror obit:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/vicky-phelan-recalls-horrific-missed-12447912

Steve Dymond, aka "The NHS caused my cancer":

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43910567

Also note his article in QO source iNews...

Lonnie Kilpatrick, Agent Orange victim:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5674567/Vietnam-vet-diagnosed-terminal-kidney-cancer-VA-denied-exposed-toxins.html

Lonnie Kilpatrick alreaday dead:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tampabaytimes/obituary.aspx?n=lonnie-kilpatrick&pid=188960480&fhid=18696

On 04/03/2018 at 08:44, Joey Russ said:

He found a match. Quite happy for him despite me making a poor joker choice in Death By Numbers, as he really seems like a nice person, and I hope he lives for a long while yet...

EDIT: On his website, you're likely going to find a new name, though they're unlikely to obit...

On 20/05/2018 at 11:37, gcreptile said:

Three-time DDP pick cancer mum Karen Land, given months to live in 2017, now cancer-free:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-who-given-months-live-12561084

Yeah, my swing and miss.  What isn't being said is how her sob story changed....believe you me, I checked up on her weekly this year.  
She was begging for money all year so she could go to Germany for unique treatment.  That was her story and she stuck to it.  Until about 3 weeks ago, suddenly it read 'well I found someone local in UK who has treated me conventionally and it seems to be working but I Still need the money IN CASE I need to go to Germany for treatment”.  I didn't mention it, presumed no one heard of her.
If she was childless I'd wish ill upon her.  In the end, whatever, I didn't give her a penny, so whatever...  Maybe now her healthy arse will get hit by a bus and Ill get bonus points.
SC