Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

Tiffany Youngs - popular(ish) pick hereabouts - is in The Sun today crediting a radical combi of starvation diet, cannabis oil and general cleaning up of her food intake for sending her terminal cancer into remission.

That said, she's saying great things and feeling good - no medical expert is quoted as saying she's better

On 19/05/2018 at 19:34, Joey Russ said:

He found a match. Quite happy for him despite me making a poor joker choice in Death By Numbers, as he really seems like a nice person, and I hope he lives for a long while yet...

EDIT: On his website, you're likely going to find a new name, though they're unlikely to obit...

Not only will he be here for a while, but there’s also more people registered as bone marrow donors because of him. Hope he lives for a long time yet...

I had in my mind that around this time Ian Toothill would have his last big chance of receiving a qualifying obit, as tomorrow will be the anniversary of him conquering Everest.

Anyway, his ashes have been scattered on Ben Nevis and the BBC have an article on it, only it's under Sheffield & South Yorkshire. :rant:

• Angry 1

It’s pretty unbelievable, quite frankly; and I haven’t a dog in the race.  

Barys Kit remains the shock of the year overall imho.  Again, no dog, just an observation.

SC

On 29/01/2018 at 11:39, Death Impends said:

Sara Chivers has died - https://www.vogue.com.au/culture/features/remembering-sara-chivers-with-her-personal-heartbreaking-account-of-being-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer/news-story/2ad25fca51e2fdf55e4b99301cdb8d86

No QO yet but the *sigh* "cancer mum writes a letter to her kids, one of whom also has cancer" headline means something Mail is inevitable.

The kid with cancer has also died now

I've done a lot more research on Claire Wineland and I was incorrect in saying that she'd already had a lung transplant. She experienced respiratory failure when she was 13 and somehow survived against the odds.

In the last 12 months her condition has rapidly deteriorated and she changed her mind on getting a lung transplant. Now she is waiting for one - hopefully she does because she seems like a great person with so much potential, but the next few months are crucial to her survival.

Police officer who saved thousands of lives during Hurricane Harvey who was also probably on many of our longlist including my own Bert Ramon has died.

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Police officer who saved thousands of lives during Hurricane Harvey who was also probably on many of our longlist including my own Bert Ramon has died.

What pool could you have used him in?  It's an honest Q, I don't play the majority of pools so not sure where 'unknown Houston police officers' fits in.  I mean .... ZERO celebrity status, so it would have to be as loosey-goosey a DP as we got.

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

What pool could you have used him in?  It's an honest Q, I don't play the majority of pools so not sure where 'unknown Houston police officers' fits in.  I mean .... ZERO celebrity status, so it would have to be as loosey-goosey a DP as we got.

He would’ve been useful in the deathrace (maybe the cup, but could also see him being declined). Plus, he got a Daily Mail mention for the lives he saved during Hurricane Harvey back in September, but I assumed that he won’t get a follow up from them...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

He would’ve been useful in the deathrace (maybe the cup, but could also see him being declined). Plus, he got a Daily Mail mention for the lives he saved during Hurricane Harvey back in September, but I assumed that he won’t get a follow up from them...

Yup, don't play Deathrace, maybe I need to give it a go for all those whoeverthehellthatis names I come across. 

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Aye - by the looks of the coverage he'd have snagged Deathrace points

Did some spring cleaning, and found out that cancer mum Julie Shaw, who claimed she was successfully fighting stage IV cancer by drinking prune juice, died on January 29th. A unique DDP pick for CaptainChorizo, but doesn't seem that the press were as interested in her death as her snake oil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/06/2018 at 13:57, Spade_Cooley said:

Did some spring cleaning, and found out that cancer mum Julie Shaw, who claimed she was successfully fighting stage IV cancer by drinking prune juice, died on January 29th. A unique DDP pick for CaptainChorizo, but doesn't seem that the press were as interested in her death as her snake oil.

I think we could have the unwritten rule if the owner of said deceased person is so disinterested as to not inform someone that they have died within 30 days, points are voided.  It's not your job to babysit Chorizo's team imho.
SC

37 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I think we could have the unwritten rule if the owner of said deceased person is so disinterested as to not inform someone that they have died within 30 days, points are voided.  It's not your job to babysit Chorizo's team imho.
SC

I think the rules are just fine the way they are.  Waiting for a QO is not "babysitting" someone's team.  If a QO comes, its a score, if it doesn't, its not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, deadsox said:

I think the rules are just fine the way they are.  Waiting for a QO is not "babysitting" someone's team.  If a QO comes, its a score, if it doesn't, its not.

Seriously?  You're a fucking idiot for thinking that a serious rule suggestion.  It was a swipe at Chorizo, period.  Joey and Toast are fucking idiots too for liking your drivel.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Seriously?  You're a fucking idiot for thinking that a serious rule suggestion.  It was a swipe at Chorizo, period.  Joey and Toast are fucking idiots too for liking your drivel.

The word you probably meant was uninterested which means not interested.  Disinterested means impartial, unbiased.  Since you're being so charming I thought I'd help you out there.  :)

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:38, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep, you say so many silly, stupid and obnoxious things that it's difficult to tell when you aren't serious. 

8 hours ago, deadsox said:

Sir Creep, you say so many silly, stupid and obnoxious things that it's difficult to tell when you aren't serious. 

He's American, condescension is a double lesson after chemistry and history.

8 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Jahi McMath, the teenager who was declared brain dead in 2013 has (fully) died following brain surgery.  She was 13.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5899103/Girl-center-debate-brain-death-dies-surgery.html

Good. Sometimes it's better to die than to be kept alive for years with no hope. I hope her family can one day move on and realise that.

• Like 3

On 28/06/2018 at 22:30, Clorox Bleachman said:

Good. Sometimes it's better to die than to be kept alive for years with no hope. I hope her family can one day move on and realise that.

I agree -- HOWEVER, I carry on being glad that neither I nor you were put in a similar situation with similar decisions to make.  Life isn't cut and dry.  You young'ins will figure that out as you progress.
SC

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2018 at 09:36, Clorox Bleachman said:

Recently, I came across the media company SoulPancake. They have a YouTube series by the name of My Last Days. You can guess what it's about.

There have been 9 people featured in it and 5 of them have since died, but 4 are still alive and remain as terminally ill as ever:

Shane Burcaw

• 25, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, life expectancy below 30
  • has written 3 books

Ann Silberman

• 58, terminal Stage IV breast cancer for 7 years
  • runs a blog called "But Doctor... I Hate Pink!"

Claire Wineland

• 21, cystic fibrosis, transplanted lung which has failed
  • non-profit organisation called Claire's Place Foundation

Darth Vader (yes, really)

• 43, given 10 years to live with leukaemia 13 years ago
  • regularly competes in Tough Mudder competitions

Since these have been posted, SoulPancake has come out with new episodes feauturing:

Kendrick Evans, with terminal sleep apnea. Doctors say he has 3 years left to live. Aspires to be a gospel singer.

Jess Oldwyn, with terminal brain cancer.

Kat Lazo, a "foodie" with gastric cancer

Isabel Bueso, a 20 year old with Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome. Doctors said she wouldn't live past her teen years.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 03:17, gcreptile said:

Shalom Ouanounou obit watch part 5:

His mom feels "connected" to the case of Alfie Evans:

https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/baby-alfie-case-resonated-with-shalom-ouanounous-mother

Also, on May 15th a judge will decide whether the Ouanounou case will proceed in court - potentially to the Canadian Supreme Court, making a QO extremely likely. The parallel case of Taquisha McKitty will also be decided on that day.

A few days ago, the court rejected the McKitty family's plea to keep her on life support, though her parents might appeal the ruling - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/taquisha-mckitty-decision-1.4674367

The Ouanounou case still has yet to be decided.