Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Cancer vlogger Emily Hayward has died at age 24.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cancer-vlogger-emily-hayward-announces-12807795

I cant believe she QOd.  There’s no fucking rhyme or reason.  I’ve had her short listed for months.  Cunto

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I cant believe she QOd.  There’s no fucking rhyme or reason.  I’ve had her short listed for months.  Cunto

Anyone one who had at least some coverage due to a blog will most likely get a QO. Whereas your Mount Everest climbers who got tons of news on their climb get absolutely nothing. 

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Anyone one who had at least some coverage due to a blog will most likely get a QO. Whereas your Mount Everest climbers who got tons of news on their climb get absolutely nothing. 

Or if you invented rocket fuel.  Doesn't meet the high standards at The Mirror or other lofty sources.

Found a fair number of publications that ran with this story back in February, about terminally ill Kelly Phillips (of Wisconsin) who decided to spend the last 3 months of his life floating down the Mississippi River on a houseboat (might I say that sounds fantastic, I wouldn’t mind that), along with his companion dog.  However, I can’t find an obit.  Is he still floating downstream 5 months into a 3-months-to-live diagnosis, or has he floated WAY upstream metaphorically?

SC

Meh, I hate it (but I also sort of don't) when I correctly guess which local sob story makes national papers, a cancer mum with vulva cancer:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/my-form-cancer-seen-taboo-13006903

Yesterday's local article here:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/my-form-cancer-seen-taboo-1841678

13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Terminally ill man wants to climb Mount Everest, any takers?

Let my friend fix you with his hard stare:

edc8e8a1215c896a2171ff065a2c9d83--childr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Terminally ill man wants to climb Mount Everest, any takers?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/local-news/peter-andre-everest-climb-jones-1827538

However, it's not stage four cancer, but stage four heart failure - as a compensation, Peter Andre is coming with him.

Hm, let’s see if a) it breaks into the major uk publications and b) they make a mention of Toothill...

On 13/05/2018 at 10:36, Clorox Bleachman said:

Recently, I came across the media company SoulPancake. They have a YouTube series by the name of My Last Days. You can guess what it's about.

There have been 9 people featured in it and 5 of them have since died, but 4 are still alive and remain as terminally ill as ever:

Shane Burcaw

• 25, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, life expectancy below 30
  • has written 3 books

Ann Silberman

• 58, terminal Stage IV breast cancer for 7 years
  • runs a blog called "But Doctor... I Hate Pink!"

Claire Wineland

• 21, cystic fibrosis, transplanted lung which has failed
  • non-profit organisation called Claire's Place Foundation

Darth Vader (yes, really)

• 43, given 10 years to live with leukaemia 13 years ago
  • regularly competes in Tough Mudder competitions

Claire Wineland dead

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/health/claire-wineland-obit/index.html

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Emlyn Morris, 92, is terminally ill. One of his final wishes was to hear a male voice choir sing again.

Thanks to his carer and family, that wish came true when Aber Valley choir made a surprise appearance at his Cardiff home.

The pensioner got even more than he hoped for when singer Katherine Jenkins sent a personal message

huh?

Edited by En Passant
Remembered there's a quote button for external quoted text, duh.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

One of the more optimistic DDP picks this year, a man who had his picture taken with an Aston Martin, died in February. Absolutely nowhere near a QO, but his passing was marked by the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Pack.

AWESOME

I think you've found a news source so low down in the pecking order I'd even rule it out for Deathrace purposes. 

Basically one up from overhearing a conversation at a bus stop

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Basically one up from overhearing a conversation at a bus stop

That's not a Deathrace QO? Damn it.

*tears up entire shortlist*

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Terminally ill video game fan Chris Taylor who probably made a bunch of people’s shortlists due to being able to play Super Smash Bros Ultimate early due to his dire diagnosis has died aged 21.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Terminally ill video game fan Chris Taylor who probably made a bunch of people’s shortlists due to being able to play Super Smash Bros Ultimate early due to his dire diagnosis has died aged 21.

drawn-cloud-simpsons-7.jpg

Shortlist does hokey cokey in last 4 months of 2018, by feel of it...

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

He'll never live to see the next set of Super Smash Bros. newcomers: Le Duc Anh, Dilip Kumar, Sri Sri, and Richard Overton. All are the most overpowered fighters in the game because nothing can kill them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So, this is the most recent information on Tif fany Youngz (might've just slipped on the keyboard there). In remission after her terminal diagnosis.

Link: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/05/15/tiffany-youngs-wife-leicester-tigers-captain-tom-remission-four/

So obviously, that's great news

for her and her family!