Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Dunno - but she was lining up as captain/joker of my DL Cup 2nd round team - assuming I make it into March

Pretty sure she would’ve been rejected had she made March...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

BBC obit

She wasn't picked on the DDP, right?

Nope, she wasn't. Which was probably the right choice at the time, but when she cropped back up in the news in January it was clear she'd be a QO.

1 hour ago, msc said:

BBC obit

She wasn't picked on the DDP, right?

QO to boot, the twat.

I rode her like a rented mule all year 2018, DPs amok ( @Spade_Cooley clear to me all along she would QO regardless).  This is the thanks I get.  She was my damn discovery.  The twat.

** hoping a relative sees/reads/reacts to this ^^^ **

I had posted plenty about KL.  How she was a fraud for stating all along she was going to get $$ for Germany to get immunotherapy.  Then last autumn all was hunky dory, her LOCAL dr had her (temporarily it seems) doing well and blah blah.... even today her JustGiving page opens with she is 'hoping' to go to Germany'.  Liar.
I DO feel badly for the family and kids who lost a mum, that's terrible.  But still goes down in the 'twat' category for me, for the reasons stated etc.

SC

A bit like Gemma Nuttall, the one with the aid of Kate Winslet. When your cancer is already advanced, immunotherapy can help to give you a few months, but not more than that at the current stage.

• Like 1

George Compton, a woman with cystic fibrosis who was recently featured in a Mirror article, has died. She was 28.

Samantha McConnell, who successfully fought the RAF's pension policy so her children would still receive hers after her death, died last week. 11 March specifically per her JustGiving. First DDP hit of the year for Drunkasaskunk.

Not the McConnell I wish would die of pancan, but that's life for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gareth Dunn, blogger of "chemotionally unstable" and Death By Numbers pick for me last year, already dead since October 2018 - but at least he made it through the replacement period so it was technically correct:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/health/10k-run-to-celebrate-life-of-inspirational-leeds-man-who-raised-100-000-before-cancer-death-aged-27-1-9662648

Cystic Sister Kristie Purton passed away Thursday.

popular rejected Cup pick

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP Pick Keith Cass cross-post.

Aye and one of MY DDP picks, 3 down after a slow start

Finally snuck into the arse end of the top 50

• Like 1

Burns victim Jacqui Saburido has died. So far the only obits are blocked by GDPR.

I'm kicking myself. I was fully aware her health was declining, but I chose not to pick her in anything as I thought she could last a few more years. And here we are :banghead:

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Burns victim Jacqui Saburido has died. So far the only obits are blocked by GDPR.

I'm kicking myself. I was fully aware her health was declining, but I chose not to pick her in anything as I thought she could last a few more years. And here we are :banghead:

Me too! I even posted about it in ideas and possibilities for 2019

• Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 14:53, Clorox Bleachman said:

DDP pick Dana Scatton died this morning, aged 19. Condolences to her family.

https://uk.gofundme.com/prayfordana

Dana Scatton QO, late but it arrived:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6960327/Mother-19-diagnosed-untreatable-brain-cancer-months-giving-birth-dies.html

On 22/04/2019 at 07:53, Clorox Bleachman said:

DDP pick Dana Scatton died this morning, aged 19. Condolences to her family.

https://uk.gofundme.com/prayfordana

How very sad.  I wanted to pick her last year but rules are rules.  Followed her FB page a bit, seemed ok.  Hadn't looked in on her in 6 months or more, figured her outta the woods. 
Poor baby left behind, etc etc.  Just sad.

SC

Emily Nicholson, that model who got dumped over Facebook for becoming fat due to a brain tumour, has died

38 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Cancer mum-slash-activist Roz Paterson has died:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-48186042

"Slash activist" - what, she actively promoted appreciation of the guy that fronts Snakepit?

Now that's devotion

• Haha 1

She was a journalist with the Daily Record here for a number of years, I remember her well.

Highly dispiriting to see the BBC put that to one side to do the "cancer mum" angle. Her actual career gets 1 throwaway mention.

Soapbox...

• Like 3