Sign in to follow this  
RIP Wee Jum

Tony Blackburn

bit ironic that Tony Blackburn was fired for allegations he abused a teenage girl and he's replaced by Paul Gambaccini of all people !

• Like 1

bit ironic that Tony Blackburn was fired for allegations he abused a teenage girl and he's replaced by Paul Gambaccini of all people !

A bit like rain on your wedding day.

• Like 1

A bit like rain on your wedding day.

• Like 1

Yes but Gambaccini was cleared by the Police and Blackburn wasn't, IIRC. Blackburn was hung out to dry by completely unsubstantiated allegations.

Anyway, Gambaccini is an innocent man, why the fuck shouldn't he be able to return to the job he loves without all that sneering bollocks.

• Like 5

Anyway, Gambaccini is an innocent man, why the fuck shouldn't he be able to return to the job he loves without all that sneering bollocks.

Ched Evans would agree with you.

Ched Evans faces a retrial now, right?

I have no idea whether he is genuinely innocent or not but it does seem like we have moved towards a guilt until proven innocent style of legal system when it comes to Rape and anything to do with sexual violation.

You can almost smell the desperation to get Sercliff to court, the legal juggernaught cannot be seen to be coming off the rails let alone be seen on the wrong track.

There was a recent case of a woman who was prosecuted for the sexual abuse of a school pupil when she was 17 , many years ago. She was supposed to have paid him off with Mars Bars.

It was thrown out of court, she has been monumentally fucked over, her name and face plastered all over the press and media and the accuser is and always will be anonymous.

You only have to see that posters inference about Gambaccini to understand that, even if you are found not guilty of a sexual offence, you are metaphorically screwed for life.

Very wrong.

• Like 4

I have no idea whether he is genuinely innocent or not but it does seem like we have moved towards a guilt until proven innocent style of legal system when it comes to Rape and anything to do with sexual violation.

You can almost smell the desperation to get Sercliff to court, the legal juggernaught cannot be seen to be coming off the rails let alone be seen on the wrong track.

There was a recent case of a woman who was prosecuted for the sexual abuse of a school pupil when she was 17 , many years ago. She was supposed to have paid him off with Mars Bars.

It was thrown out of court, she has been monumentally fucked over, her name and face plastered all over the press and media and the accuser is and always will be anonymous.

You only have to see that posters inference about Gambaccini to understand that, even if you are found not guilty of a sexual offence, you are metaphorically screwed for life.

Very wrong.

Very wrong.

I agree completely they should keep the persons identify a secret from the media and then make it public when the verdict is returned. The BBC are only pandering if he was really sexually abusing kids BBC won't care all they care about is their image.

Absolutely no fan of Blackburn or his broadcasting style but...

'bout time the wrong of his sacking was righted

• Like 2

On 29/02/2016 at 19:31, Lard Bazaar said:

Where's Dale Winton, that's what I want to know.

I still want to know.  Nobody seems to give a shit that he has disappeared off the face of the earth! Where the fuck is he?

In 2016 Dale admitted that he’d battled depression after a relationship ended and decided to take some time off work. He revealed: ‘I had a bad break-up and then I had health issues. I wanted to withdraw, but you know what this business is like. I didn’t look great.’

He did a voiceover for channel 5 as well earlier this year according to this website which I’ve taken the above from.

but didn’t he have some plastic surgery on his face which didn’t look good after at the time- perhaps it’s worse now?

Big friends with Dame Babs Windsor so perhaps if she’s dodgy then he’ll appear out of the woodwork?

Edit MSC posting same time as me on the same thing :)

5 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I still want to know.  Nobody seems to give a shit that he has disappeared off the face of the earth! Where the fuck is he?

Apparently he suffers from very bad depression these days, so doesn't do much. Though he did make an appearance or two on Loose Women last year.

Also, a look around says he presented some shit thing on Channel 5 this very summer.

Spend two seconds copy and pasting a link and get Ninja'd. Story of my life.

Just now, msc said:

Spend two seconds copy and pasting a link and get Ninja'd. Story of my life.

Sorry buddy ;) 

34 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Marinating in turmeric somewhere in preparation for a comeback. Got to get that skin tone perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philheybrookbay said:

In 2016 Dale admitted that he’d battled depression after a relationship ended and decided to take some time off work. He revealed: ‘I had a bad break-up and then I had health issues. I wanted to withdraw, but you know what this business is like. I didn’t look great.’

He did a voiceover for channel 5 as well earlier this year according to this website which I’ve taken the above from.

but didn’t he have some plastic surgery on his face which didn’t look good after at the time- perhaps it’s worse now?

Big friends with Dame Babs Windsor so perhaps if she’s dodgy then he’ll appear out of the woodwork?

Edit MSC posting same time as me on the same thing :)

What’s up with Babs?

How fickle we are. One minute he’s the nation’s favourite twiglet, the next he’s disappeared in a puff of smoke and the paparazzi don’t give a shit. I reckon he’s in The Priory, rocking back and forth like a Romanian orphan whilst dribbling over his David Dickinson scrapbook. Poor Dale. I loved him!  When he used to say ‘off you go to my red area’ on that lottery thing I would laugh like a drain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dale doesn't appear to have an official site - unusual for one so keen on attention back in the day

As well as babs, he's big mates with Souness.

Hopefully he'll peg with his heart problems soon, and that'll bring Dale out.

Lol. He's been 'out' for decades.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, charon said:

As well as babs, he's big mates with Souness.

Hopefully he'll peg with his heart problems soon, and that'll bring Dale out.

Lol. He's been 'out' for decades.

Such a charmer, aren't you.:lol:

Healthwatchers can watch him on The One Show now....

He looks good.

Well, as good as you can be.

• Like 1