ImNotHades

Sophia Loren

From Ticketmaster feed:

Sun Oct 28  Aldwych Theatre London, GB  19:30  An Evening with Sophia Loren

d1a6ce0d-70f8-4f68-a203-969719932137_755

An Intimate Evening with Sophia Loren is your chance to see a true Hollywood goddess of the silver screen up close and personal. Italian film actress Sofia Villani Scicolone, known throughout the world as Sophia Loren, is coming to London for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. 

Reluctant to give interviews, she'll make her West End debut in an intimate appearance hosted by Jonathan Ross. Not only will he chat to her about her incredible career and personal, but there'll also be a Q&A period, where you'll have a chance to ask Sophia questions. It's a unique evening not to be missed!

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

From Ticketmaster feed:

Are you on commission?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

From Ticketmaster feed:

Tempting! 

84 today! :birthday:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mollyafox said:

85 today! :birthday:

Probably still better looking than some women who are 50 years younger than her. Never seen a woman grow old as gracefully as Sophia. 

44 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Probably still better looking than some women who are 50 years younger than her. Never seen a woman grow old as gracefully as Sophia. 

I think Raquel Welch defies the laws of aging better than anyone else.

7 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Or Mick Jagger, in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Predictor said:

With a lot of assistance in that defiance I'm sure!

Now she is the last AFI's 50 greatest screen legends still alive, we should keep an eye on her, even if she seems to be in good health

5 hours ago, Fantomasss said:

Now she is the last AFI's 50 greatest screen legends still alive, we should keep an eye on her, even if she seems to be in good health

One of those rare occasions where the youngest member is the last one standing. 

• Like 1

God, I love Sophia. I hate that she's pushing 88 this year and that she's being considered. 

• Like 1

Interesting and in a way pointless  fact. 

With the death of Sidney Poitier  Sophia Loren, along with Angie Dickinson and Liza Minnelli, is one of a small number of celebrities  still alive who attended probably the biggest and grandest funeral in Hollywood history-Frank Sinatras. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Interesting and in a way pointless  fact. 

With the death of Sidney Poitier  Sophia Loren, along with Angie Dickinson and Liza Minnelli, is one of a small number of celebrities  still alive who attended probably the biggest and grandest funeral in Hollywood history-Frank Sinatras. 

A few more as well. His daughter Nancy was there as was ex wife Mia. Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, Tony Bennett, Bob Newhart and Robert Wagner also all went. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

A few more as well. His daughter Nancy was there as was ex wife Mia. Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, Tony Bennett, Bob Newhart and Robert Wagner also all went. 

Lol despite loving  her song  these boots are made for walking I wouldn't  include Nancy in this list! She was there as a family member not as a friend/ celebrity friend. I know the enmity and bad blood between their stepmom  Barbara and Frank's daughters Nancy and Tina was legendary and fierce but I don't think there was ever any doubt  they were going to be invited!

Yes most have passed  including Sophias husband  and even Nancy Reagan but there  is still a significant minority still with us. Also to add to that list Paul Anka. 

Ooh Liza Minnelli,  Bob Newhart, Robert Wagner,  Angie Dickinson, Tony Bennett...Am I sensing a future theme team?!:lol:

Sophia Loren is a name that will be a success in some years for a humble minority of deathlisters who, by aestheticism, prefer to finish the year with a score of 5/50 of very prestigious names rather than the majority who finish with 25/50 of sick people totally unfamous 

• Like 2

was searching for her last appearance. It seems she was seen for the last time in november 2022 while opening her restaurant. Doesn't look too bad but at 89, she sure deserves a spot for next year list. 

63325791-11301389-image-a-15_1665449852670.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

was searching for her last appearance. It seems she was seen for the last time in november 2022 while opening her restaurant. Doesn't look too bad but at 89, she sure deserves a spot for next year list. 

63325791-11301389-image-a-15_1665449852670.jpg

She is in better health than Bardot and both have the same age. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, La Tombe said:

She is in better health than Bardot and both have the same age. 

Bardot is a good call for next year if she doesn't go before.I would not put Sophia on next year's list unless there is any indication of illness or sudden deterioration.I think in terms big Hollywood stars there are better choices such as Gene Hackman , Clint Easrwood and Tippi Hedren.All a few years older than Loren and are now looking noticeably older and frailer recently.

• Like 3