Paul Bearer

Yoko Ono

583E9D5C-C961-42C9-AE3E-18DD55B2695C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yoko's first husband, composer Toshi Ichiyanagi, dead at 89.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, drol said:

Yoko's first husband, composer Toshi Ichiyanagi, dead at 89.

Did he die on Lennon’s birthday?

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Did he die on Lennon’s birthday?

Nope.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Very active on Twitter at the moment. I'm guessing the below photo was taken a while ago though.

https://twitter.com/yokoono/status/1609993435783614475/photo/1

It's not her actually tweeting, mind you. Hasn't been for years now. It's her team/family with her consent. 

She’s looked dead since the 1970’s. What was JL thinking of? Must have been sky-high on LSD.

3 minutes ago, OneManJury said:

She’s looked dead since the 1970’s. What was JL thinking of? Must have been sky-high on LSD.

He - sort of - told people what he was thinking; Everybody's got Something to Hide Except for me and my Monkey is basically a kiss off to everyone who thought to comment on their relationship and in particular, her appearance (as in she's the "Monkey" in me and my Monkey). 

• Confused 1

She is evil. She wouldn't let the guy play at all in the 70s unless she could get up on stage and screech. One example being when Elton played Central Park in 1980 and he was hoping Lennon would turn up for a song. He sang the song by himself in the end, making a spiky comment about how the person who wrote was just a few blocks away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

He - sort of - told people what he was thinking; Everybody's got Something to Hide Except for me and my Monkey is basically a kiss off to everyone who thought to comment on their relationship and in particular, her appearance (as in she's the "Monkey" in me and my Monkey). 

I know exactly what you mean:

d5eyqac-287e3b31-7cf8-4dba-a452-d4f49440778d.jpg

• Haha 3

For some reason Yoko Ono has blocked me on Twitter and so I cannot see the tweet. :D

• Like 4

I've heard that if you walk by the Dakota Building in New York, you can hear her screaming.

23 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I've heard that if you walk by the Dakota Building in New York, you can hear her screaming.

Went there a few years ago to go to Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Can confirm. Probably why i'm blocked on Twitter as well.

• Like 2

Releases online wish tree in celebration of her 90th birthday, with help from her son.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/yoko-ono-online-wish-tree-90th-birthday-b2284333.html

Also does anyone think John Lennon would still be alive if he wasn't assassinated? I think he would have died in 2014, aged 74, he never struck me as particularly healthy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Releases online wish tree in celebration of her 90th birthday, with help from her son.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/yoko-ono-online-wish-tree-90th-birthday-b2284333.html

Also does anyone think John Lennon would still be alive if he wasn't assassinated? I think he would have died in 2014, aged 74, he never struck me as particularly healthy.

The fact that Ringo is still alive suggests there is no reason why he wouldn't be

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The fact that Ringo is still alive suggests there is no reason why he wouldn't be

Ringo has always struck me as quite healthy. McCartney as well but to a lesser degree.

Lennon I would have thought was more on the side of George Harrison, they were both known drug users. If Lennon had died of cancer in 2004, aged 64, it wouldn't have surprised me the least bit.

1 minute ago, The Daredevil said:

Ringo has always struck me as quite healthy. McCartney as well but to a lesser degree.

Lennon I would have thought was more on the side of George Harrison, both were known drug users.

Really. Starr always looks to me like he has just been woken up. McCartney has been vegetarian for probably over 40 years and is still active

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

I think you think about dying people far, far more than is healthy, even by Deathlister standards.

• Like 8

Beatles nerd coming in.

Ringo was a quite sickly child (had tuberculosis) and couldn't/can't eat certain foods. He had to have his tonsils removed when Beatles were on tour in 1964 which is why Jimmie Nicol replaced him for a short time. Ringo even had to leave India in 1968 after less than two weeks as he couldn't deal with the food. He did also turn into an alcoholic but as far as i'm aware not touched a drop since the 80's.

By the 70s i'm pretty sure most of the band were vegan or vegetarian. Paul is more healthy than Ringo.

Based on John's lifestyle i'm sure he would have lived until after 2000 if other medical conditions or Yoko didn't get in the way. His father lasted until he was 63 and Aunt Mimi died aged 85. All three of his sister's are alive and in their 70's.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Paul is more healthy than Ringo.

Ringo still seems very active these days though. He has had COVID, but still does concerts. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ringo outlived Paul. I can see Ringo living into his nineties, not Paul though.

On Sean Lennon's Twitter. A message from Paul:

"Wishing Yoko a peaceful and happy birthday. With love from Paul, Nancy and the kids."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Ringo still seems very active these days though. He has had COVID, but still does concerts. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ringo outlived Paul. I can see Ringo living into his nineties, not Paul though.

Ringo v Paul is going to be a close race I reckon. In theory, both look well enough to last five more years, possibly ten plus. 

• Like 3

I think both men are dead certs to get well into their 90s, but that may be my Beatles fandom speaking - I am really dreading them going. 

• Like 1

Just a quick question since I have no idea who this person is and I really don’t care. What’s with all the hate? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1