Davey Jones' Locker

William Shatner Versus Martin Landau

Commander Koenig Versus Captain Kirk!  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd argue music still has a certain amount of notable deaths this year. Chuck Berry is obviously the biggest death in that category, but the lead singers of the Allman Brothers Band and Soundgarden are certainly well known. There's also John Wetton, who's pretty influential in progressive rock, well known singer Al Jarreau, and, though I'm not a fan of hip hop, influential rapper Progidy. All pretty significant deaths. Is it as big as 2016's music death? So far, no. That could change, with Johnny Hallyday and Olivia Newton John looking like prime candidates to not see the year out, with other people we don't know about potentially dying as well, and, though kind of off topic, I keep having this strange feeling that a legend in new wave music will announce a cancer diagnosis sometime soon...

• Like 1

Who here is going to be gazing up at the moon tonight, thinking of Commander Koenig and the Moonbase Alpha staff? :(  

Probably just me.... 

• Like 2

:o Wow, two hits in one day, for me. I wonder if Martin is doing his Bela Lugosi impression, for Bela himself? :D

5 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Bloody hell!  Red Symons is in hospital, Martin Landau has died and Doctor Who is a woman.  I don't think I can take much more of this dreadful day. :( :P 

You're being ironic about Jodie Whittaker's new job, right?

Not that I'm a huge fan or owt but, frankly, 'bout time in that dept and somewhere around the 15th isn't it time the Doctor was summat other than white?

5 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Who here is going to be gazing up at the moon tonight, thinking of Commander Koenig and the Moonbase Alpha staff? :(  

Probably just me.... 

Yeah, just you. I'm wondering what rubber mask he put on to get past St. Peter...

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

You're being ironic about Jodie Whittaker's new job, right?

Not that I'm a huge fan or owt but, frankly, 'bout time in that dept and somewhere around the 15th isn't it time the Doctor was summat other than white?

Last time I looked Jodie Whittaker was white...

5 hours ago, themaninblack said:

Last time I looked Jodie Whittaker was white...

No, she's black as in the J-Roc level of black
"there's levels of black y'know wha'im sayin'? you've got your Lionel Richie who's kinda black but not really and you've got your Michael Jackson who's black and white"

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I'd argue music still has a certain amount of notable deaths this year. Chuck Berry is obviously the biggest death in that category, but the lead singers of the Allman Brothers Band and Soundgarden are certainly well known. There's also John Wetton, who's pretty influential in progressive rock, well known singer Al Jarreau, and, though I'm not a fan of hip hop, influential rapper Progidy. All pretty significant deaths. Is it as big as 2016's music death? So far, no. That could change, with Johnny Hallyday and Olivia Newton John looking like prime candidates to not see the year out, with other people we don't know about potentially dying as well, and, though kind of off topic, I keep having this strange feeling that a legend in new wave music will announce a cancer diagnosis sometime soon...

True, well put.

Haven't been on in a while but I knew it was a smart idea to pick him ever since I watched Ed Wood and realised he was still alive

8th hit for me..