Sir Creep

Doctor Doctor

Seems we should have a thread for renowned physicians, nurses and the like.

Quentin Young, a Chicago physician renowned for his passionate advocacy for equality in health care — and whose patients included Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Studs Terkel, and former mayor Harold Washington — has died.

The retired 92-year-old internist for many years ran a private practice in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood, where a young Barack Obama was a patient in the 1990s. The doctor and future president became close, a relationship that evolved into discussions about health care policy, and a shared interest in reform.

SC

• Like 1

Seems like a fair enough idea, though for the life of me I can't come up with anyone who fits the bill (all the ones I've - admittedly briefly - considered are already dead it seems).

I guess the Deathlist will have to wrestle, when the time comes, over whether the esteemed neurosurgeon Dr Ben Carson would be suitable for inclusion for his vital medical work or his crusading political campaign (or perhaps for his attempted murderous tendencies...)

At least it gives somewhere for that Ebola nurse to reside.

All the other threads weren't proper 'fits', so fair doo's.

• Like 1

Henry Heimlich (Mr. Heimlich maneuver) is still around at 96.

Additionally, the two men involved in the first implantation of an artificial heart, Denton Cooley (b. 1920) and Domingo Liotta (b. 1924), are also still alive.

Henry Heimlich (Mr. Heimlich maneuver) is still around at 96.

Should he die from choking, that'd be ironic.

• Like 1

Isn't there a 'Famous For 15 Minutes Thread'? That would catch all sorts of nonentities.

Isn't there a 'Famous For 15 Minutes Thread'? That would catch all sorts of nonentities.

There is actually a 'Docter Docter' titled thread by Banshees on the extra curricular thread.

There is actually a 'Docter Docter' titled thread by Banshees on the extra curricular thread.

I thought it sounded familiar. At least you can't blame Mr. Creepy for not finding it in search.

I thought it sounded familiar. At least you can't blame Mr. Creepy for not finding it in search.

By all means move this as needed. I looked and didn't see anything dedicated to the medical community, which seemed odd.

SC

If any of the Thompson Twins fell ill would this thread be an appropriate place to post their health news?

• Like 2

Kate Granger@GrangerKate Mar 11

The scan showed that my cancer is getting worse everywhere & has taken up residence in some new areas near my liver & in my lung

Could be a decisive death in the DDP this year if she actually goes.

If any of the Thompson Twins fell ill would this thread be an appropriate place to post their health news?

Only if they were cremated.

• Like 1

Too late for Robert Palmer...

Kate Granger@GrangerKate Mar 11

The scan showed that my cancer is getting worse everywhere & has taken up residence in some new areas near my liver & in my lung

Could be a decisive death in the DDP this year if she actually goes.

Herr death will definitely decide the Theme Team race, unless someone else from Shameless dies first. With the 10 points for Granger, Shameless will have more hits than any theme team ever had.

A former team doctor for the Houston Oilers (NFL) was killed late Tuesday when he crashed his collector porsche on S. Braeswood.

Houston police say Dr. Robert Fain Jr., 67, was speeding in the older Porsche when he lost control and crashed.
SC

1. Perhaps I should just accept #deathbedlive is closer than I hoped it was & get my final preparations finished.

0 retweets30 likes

Retweet

More

2. I'd so love to be here for the YCC Sept ball & to present #KGAwards16 but that is looking increasingly unlikely...

1. Perhaps I should just accept #deathbedlive is closer than I hoped it was & get my final preparations finished.

0 retweets30 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. I'd so love to be here for the YCC Sept ball & to present #KGAwards16 but that is looking increasingly unlikely...

She said that her type of cancer has a 5 year survival rate of 0% and crosses said milestone in July.

Sweeps time, I guess.

April 26, 2016.

This forum has a bloody sweeps obsession.

I think she'll be around in January by hook or by crook.

• Like 1

4th of July.

Some of the last few tweets by Dr Granger. Perhaps January might be optimistic.

Kate Granger @GrangerKate Apr 4

What a bloody crap day. So the PD-L1 inhibitors are off the table now as the consensus of experts is they don't work in sarcoma...

But feeling very down after this morning's clinic visit. Just feel there is no hope for me anymore. 1f625.png1f625.png1f625.png

@Ruri2712 There was hope then though. There isn't now...

I just hope she makes it to July 1st so I can switch her for someone in Shaun's DP.

• Like 1

I understand when there's a list/thread/whatever for famous people but in a year we'll be adding ourselves to the list since a bunch of irrelevant non celebrities are getting attention here which is pointless....famous doctors? I know one, Josef Mengele......I'll make a thread for my great grandma who's 88 and bedridden for 10 years or maybe her doctor needs a thread