ImNotHades

Harry Belafonte

Since he turned 89 few days ago i checked if he's got a thread, no, i didn't see one, so here

i don't see him past 91 and i'll add him next year on my list

• Like 2

Jesus something serously is wrong with him. Watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NunNrElCRDs

I'm surprised they found a person even older than Sanders to endorse him.

Belafonte is one of those people I forget they are still alive, he's the second version of Fats Domino for me.

Jesus something serously is wrong with him. Watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NunNrElCRDs

Belafonte is one of those people I forget they are still alive, he's the second version of Fats Domino for me.

what money can't buy, if Muhamamd Ali was functional they would get him for "Vote for Sanders", Belafonte was obviously cheaper to get, Clinton has more moneyz so she can afford Katy Perry.....or maybe they got Belafonte thinking "If he dies, everyone will know he was voting for Sanders so Sanders will get free promo."

Sounds like lung cancer or COPD.Voice is gravelly and weak.

Out of interest...who exactly are this block of voters that Harry Belafonte's endorsement brings Bernie? Banana boat loaders..?

I think that very thing about every celebrity endorsement.

On 10/03/2016 at 23:49, ImNotHades said:

Since he turned 89 few days ago i checked if he's got a thread, no, i didn't see one, so here

i don't see him past 91 and i'll add him next year on my list

Made it to 90 today:  http://www.dw.com/en/entertainer-and-activist-harry-belafonte-turns-90/a-37745599

Strong as a horse.

*note, I picked him for the Grammy Pool ages ago, so if he goes, being disproved on this point will mean I win anyway*

When looking at the current list of 2019 and stars in general....it seems that no one under 90 is a safe pick. We have reached the point when the average lifespan goes up to 91 on the death list. At least for famous people. 

Happy Birthday Mr. Belafonte :birthday:, first Birthday on the DL :P

• Like 4

Irving Burgie, who wrote hits such as the Banana Boat Song for Belafonte is dead at 95

• Like 1

Harry Belafonte is one of only six pre-1960 winners of a Tony award still alive, and the only male. The other five are June Lockhart, Helen Gallagher, Pat Stanley, Julie Newmar and Yvonne Constant.

• Like 5

Happy Birthday Mr. Tally-Man :birthday:

tally me banana

daylight come and me wan' go home

Man, this tune is so damn catchy, I will hum it the whole day-o, daaay-o!

• Like 6

Back at the time of his 93rd in March, Reptile was wondering if they'd get Harry Belafonte to talk about the event in his honour. They did but mostly kept the camera off him. Anyhow, I'm presumably not the only person to notice, in the last 5 months of Black Lives Matters and close friends of the singer dying, there's been sod all statements on either from him. Also his once highly active social media pages has completely ground to a halt.

Just noting it.

• Like 1

There's a small snippet of him in this video featuring Carl Reiner which was filmed presumably after his 93rd (he states his age), in which he looks rather gaunt:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

There's a small snippet of him in this video featuring Carl Reiner which was filmed presumably after his 93rd (he states his age), in which he looks rather gaunt:

Well Carl Reiners dead allready so maybe Harry will soon be too!

9 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Yeah, I concur with you about Belafonte.  How about Rita Moreno, though...she looks absolutely incredible for being almost 90.  

Well, Belafonte was well enough to endorse Ed Markey: 

• Like 1

Belafonte none too pleased after an old interview with him was manipulated by a Trump staffer so it appeared like it was instead a sleeping Joe Biden being interviewed.

The video is now disabled, and the Biden footage was superimposed over Belafonte, lest you thought they badly edited Belafonte himself to look like Biden.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Belafonte none too pleased after an old interview with him was manipulated by a Trump staffer so it appeared like it was instead a sleeping Joe Biden being interviewed.

The video is now disabled, and the Biden footage was superimposed over Belafonte, lest you thought they badly edited Belafonte himself to look like Biden.

An insane state of affairs. 

On 10/08/2020 at 14:48, Joey Russ said:

Well, Belafonte was well enough to endorse Ed Markey: 

He sounds really ill 

• Like 1