ImNotHades

Harry Belafonte

I didn't  have him in any of my team lists  although  I was sure I did! Oh well.

Rest in peace .

Fun fact he used to be a lover of Joan Collins and rumour has it she rated him as one of her favourites in the bedroom department  and regarded him aa being more than able to perform or deliver....

• Like 2

Oh, he really didn't deserve THAT terrible picture on the front page! :(

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Fun fact he used to be a lover of Joan Collins and rumour has it she rated him as one of her favourites in the bedroom department  and regarded him aa being more than able to perform or deliver....

AA in the bedroom dept - I'd take that in my QO. :D

Although I'm going to downgrade myself now by asking what is the difference between performing and delivering in said department?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

AA in the bedroom dept - I'd take that in my QO. :D

Although I'm going to downgrade myself now by asking what is the difference between performing and delivering in said department?

I think delivering is more geared towards the happy orgasmic climax and performing is being very good at creating an enjoyable bump n grind journey  leading up to the happy conclusion...!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Book said:

Agreed. They gave Peter Sutcliffe a wonderful picture.  Belafonte’s career spun decades and that’s the best picture they can source?! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Dead tag needs to be attached, RIP Harry

Cool yer jets.  (This is the kind of thing that goes against you if your hoping to be an admin ) :P

2 hours ago, Book said:

They already got his obit up, gonna take a guess that the picture isn’t getting replaced…

I thought he played left-back for the Tottenhams Hotspikes as a footballer, whatever that is.

(If the image is cropped, the trending terms are: "Daniel Radcliffe", "Bummed", "Harry Belafonte")

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Book said:

Seems like you got your wish. It has been replaced.

• Like 3

Thank you for changing the picture, dear admin, it is much better now! 

• Like 3

R.I.P. Fella.

IMG_6282.thumb.jpeg.93606162b588a9a07cda5430512fac4c.jpegThese are in the back of my truck right now.  Yes, they’ve been back there a while (I was going to unload them), but since the dug liked calypso, they stayed under the seat.  
RIP Mr Belafonte

IMG_6281.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/03/2016 at 14:49, ImNotHades said:

Since he turned 89 few days ago i checked if he's got a thread, no, i didn't see one, so here

i don't see him past 91 and i'll add him next year on my list

Well, my sight ain't that well I guess. RIP

9 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Rest in Peace Harry. 

It may be worth noting, if it hasn't been already, that he died of Heart Failure, the same thing his friend Sidney "Potter" Poitier died of. 

By complete coincidence, I was discussing the above mentioned Only Fools and Horses sketch with a friend earlier today, completely oblivious to the fact that Belafonte had died. I was discussing that same sketch with that same friend the day Poitier's death was announced. 

Interesting story ! Were you talking about this before both deaths were announced ? 
I remember a few coincidences about deaths, one of which being me telling a friend that Kirk Douglas would die within a week. He was annouced dead the next morning. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Interesting story ! Were you talking about this before both deaths were announced ? 

I can't be 100% sure that they hadn't been announced by the time of the discussion, but neither myself nor my friend were aware of their deaths until afterwards. 

Another one is that back in September I predicted that Ryuichi Sakamoto would die in March 2023. Had Carter noy entered hospice in February, or had he died beforehand, I would have (correctly) voted Sakamoto in the Next Death poll. 

Finally after his death, and the ones of Sidney Poitier, Benedict XVI, Gina Lollobrigida, is there a major big name still alive for 1927? May be Leontyne Price ? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

Finally after his death, and the ones of Sidney Poitier, Benedict XVI, Gina Lollobrigida, is there a major big name still alive for 1927? May be Leontyne Price ? 

Cleo Laine? Rosalynn Carter? Estelle Parsons? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Cleo Laine? Rosalynn Carter? Estelle Parsons? 

William Daniels, Doc Severinsen

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fantomasss said:

Sandy Gall

• Like 3

On 25/04/2023 at 17:19, Sly Ronnie said:

One of the first things I thought when I heard the news.

• Like 2