Lord Fellatio Nelson

Play School - Play Away - Childrens TV

Maybe its been done, maybe the mods can merge??

Tempus gave us the Brian Cant thread and, at the mo, that utter legend ( another one that shall not appear on ANY Death List ) Derek Griffiths is appearing on Corrie.

He was also on a recent Silent Witness episode and, to be fair, he is looking well good.

Any news to report on any other Playschool/Playaway stalwarts??

• Like 1

I was about to mention that Paul Danquah turned 90 last year and is still going but according to wiki he died last year. I don't remember reading anything about it, would be a real shame if his death really was that unnoticed.

Colin Jeavons presented Play School for a time and is 86 years old (shares a birthday with me) so may be worth keeping an eye on.

How old is Jonathan Cohen?

• Like 1

I was about to mention that Paul Danquah turned 90 last year and is still going but according to wiki he died last year. I don't remember reading anything about it, would be a real shame if his death really was that unnoticed.

I just had to Google him Handy, now I know who he was!!! :D

He's better known for being in a Taste of Honey. It's a shame he died obitless.

He's better known for being in a Taste of Honey. It's a shame he died obitless.

I looked on the Wiki page, never realised there were so many presenters, some before they were 'famous' and others like Julie Stevens (79) had been an actress in The Avengers/Carry On Cleo before hitting the heights with Play School.

Plenty of DL material, by the look of it.

Guest Droosy

I don´t get this thread. Do kindergarten Christmas plays count?

I've just been looking at the wiki page too. The creator is still alive as well and at 85 may also be worth keeping an eye on. I was obsessed with Jemima the rag doll as a kid, probably explains my dress sense!

This remains one of my favourite outakes.

• Like 3

Jeremy Irons was on Play Away in the mid 70s prior to his rise to stardom.

• Like 2

I've just been looking at the wiki page too. The creator is still alive as well and at 85 may also be worth keeping an eye on. I was obsessed with Jemima the rag doll as a kid, probably explains my dress sense!

Ah yes, good old Fred Harris. He did look like Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys, with an afro.

"They say he changes with the teds fall down..."

Just to update you

Jemima is expected to be a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing later this year

Humpty dealt with his body image issues and has just released a work out DVD and diet plan

Big Ted invested in a production company and is expected to be elevated to the House of Lords

However Little Ted was asked to leave the BBC after a sexual harassment claim was made by Chloe Ashcroft and has sunk into a serious cycle of drug and alcohol addiction and Hamble has retired from public life after the scandal of her appearance in Doll Orgy IV. She now lives on the South Coast and runs a cat sanctuary.

Dapple became a can of Whiskers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Didn't know where to put this but, as a very tenuous link, Ive just seen Sheila Steafel on Holby City.

Apart from her being very brilliant in all the things shes done, she was once one of the stars of The Ghosts of Motley Hall, a great kids TV show back in the 70s.

Shes 80, looks very good on it and, that's it. :D

• Like 1

Didn't know where to put this but, as a very tenuous link, Ive just seen Sheila Steafel on Holby City.

Apart from her being very brilliant in all the things shes done, she was once one of the stars of The Ghosts of Motley Hall, a great kids TV show back in the 70s.

Is she the one who was married to Harry H Corbett?

Regarding the thread, would Jackanory readers fir in here? There most be loads of them.

Is she the one who was married to Harry H Corbett?

Regarding the thread, would Jackanory readers fir in here? There most be loads of them.

She was.

Yep, I tagged 'Childrens TV to the end of the title so would could include much more than the two programmes mentioned. :)

Colin Jeavons presented Play School for a time and is 86 years old (shares a birthday with me) so may be worth keeping an eye on.

I can't find anything on Jonathan Cohen's age and short of tweeting him to ask, I'd take a guess at about 70. He's still very active and looks to be in fine shape.

I used to think he was quite good looking on Play School. :rolleyes:

I can't find anything on Jonathan Cohen's age and short of tweeting him to ask, I'd take a guess at about 70. He's still very active and looks to be in fine shape.

I used to think he was quite good looking on Play School. :rolleyes:

Me too actually. Glad to know he's still active.

• Like 1

Jonathan Cohen.. wasn't he the chap who played the piano ?

He was.

He was like Richard Stilgoe for 8 year olds. :)

• Like 1

Freddy and Jane get married after 30 years together. Those of us of a morbid inclination have to wonder if one of them is facing terminal illness.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jane-freddy-rainbow-finally-married-8081128

You do Handy.. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I know its been said zillions of times but Geoffrey looked fucking ill on Pointless yesterday.

Needing a chair and breathing like he has emphysema, and not just the beginnings of it, he really looks quite weak and, well sad really.

Freddy and Jane get married after 30 years together. Those of us of a morbid inclination have to wonder if one of them is facing terminal illness.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jane-freddy-rainbow-finally-married-8081128

They might have gone and made it "legal" as Ronnie Le Drew, the puppeteer behind (or up if you prefer) is about to tell all regarding the Rod, Jane and Freddy love-triangle.

• Like 1

Twitter reporting that Ann Emery, best known possibly as Ethel Meaker in Rentaghost, has died aged 86. https://twitter.com/Sparkywatts2000/status/781561778367000576

Dick Emery's sister who appeared with him in his TV show.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256280/

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Emery

Awaiting the usual confirmations.

• Like 1

Christopher 'Bigguns' will be the last cast member of that and Porridge imo.

• Like 1