Lord Fellatio Nelson

Play School - Play Away - Childrens TV

47 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Common humanity, a sense of fun and pleasure obviously...but trolling is still alive and well I see.

Also a reminder that afaik Brian Trueman is still going and an eminently obitable pick.

Cheers bbz. Just trying to keep you on message. ;)

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'd add to this by noting that since we're discussing a Cosgrove Hall name, Brian Cosgrove himself is still alive. Mark Hall died years ago, though. So many childhood memories from that lot.

Also speaking of 70s/80s/90s kids TV, Peter Maddocks is still alive. Who is Peter Maddocks? The creator of the Family Ness, Jimbo and the Jet Set and many others. He's 93 now. Was also a Telegraph and Private Eye (among many others) artist for ages too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

And only me it seems, what with the number of no mark Swedish journalists and Indian and African dignitaries whose deaths and illnesses we are supposed to care about. I gave up a long time ago on how this Forum does and doesn't work, and I'm happy that other folk find solace in posting whatever they like wherever they like. As I waded through this morning's collection of nobodies, hey at least they were dead so that's fine. I don't feel the need to be the Forum police.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

I'd add to this by noting that since we're discussing a Cosgrove Hall name, Brian Cosgrove himself is still alive. Mark Hall died years ago, though. So many childhood memories from that lot.

Also speaking of 70s/80s/90s kids TV, Peter Maddocks is still alive. Who is Peter Maddocks? The creator of the Family Ness, Jimbo and the Jet Set and many others. He's 93 now. Was also a Telegraph and Private Eye (among many others) artist for ages too.

I tried a few years ago to happily trot through my youth and the programmes that I tried to enjoy, as the only escape from a traumatic and worthless childhood. 

It sometimes comes as a bit of a shock to find a lot of them dead, as the lack of reporting back in the day means they were missed. There is always light though as illuminated by msc's post above. I don't find joy in illness or death (except for those who have done wrong I guess), rather the opposite.

I'm preparing for a friend's funeral tomorrow. Pardon me for being a little tetchy.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Common humanity, a sense of fun and pleasure obviously...but trolling is still alive and well I see.

Also a reminder that afaik Brian Trueman is still going and an eminently obitable pick.

Well someone has him as a unique pick on the DDP.....

• Like 1

Tempted me to look up other names over 80 from kids TV in my youth. (Using the kids TV caption more than the Playschool one, tbh.)

Peter Renaday - voice of Master Splinter in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, born 1935.

Patricia Edgar - producer of Round the Twist, born 1937. The author Paul Jennings is alive aged 78.

Christopher Awdry - carried on the Thomas the Tank series when his father retired. born 1940.

Alan Hawkshaw - composer of the Grange Hill theme (also the Countdown theme). born 1937.

Anne Wood - Teletubbies creator, also behind Rosie and fucking Jim. born 1937.

Carlo Bonomi - The, err, voice of Pingu! Born 1937

Vivian Pickles -  Secret Agent Cynthia Birdwood in the Uncle Jack series, a role that doesn't even make her Wiki! born 1931

Laurent de Brunhoff - Babar writer/exec, born 1925.

Allan Ahlberg - Co-writer of Woof! with his late wife, born 1938

Colin Wyatt - Poddington Peas creator born 1939.

Peter Sasdy - Director of the Adrian Mole TV series but somewhat better known for The Stone Tape! born 1935.

John Alderton - You know who he is, but alongside his CV he was also voice of Fireman Sam. born 1940

Claudio Biern Boyd - The chap behind Dogtanian and Willy Fogg, born 1940

Brian Patton - the surviving Patton Brother, real life brothers of the Chuckle Brothers and also kids entertainers, born 1933

Roger Greenaway - Songwriters Hall of Fame writer, probably for The Family Ness theme tune. born 1938

Anna Home - creator of Dramarama, also produced The Changes, commissioned Grange Hill and cancelled Play School, born 1938

Well there's a decade anyhow, and not exhaustive or particularly new names but reminders of some still breathing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Jamie And The Magic Torch trending on Twitter. Was he ever tired during the day?

If you don't know the theme tune, I highly recommend a listen: 

I'm trying to remember another theme with a magic piano key, but it's eluding me at the moment.

That was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Tempted me to look up other names over 80 from kids TV in my youth. (Using the kids TV caption more than the Playschool one, tbh.)

Colin Wyatt - Poddington Peas creator born 1939.

Wyatt's Poddington co-creator, Paul Needs, is still alive. I know this because I looked for Poddington Peas stuff on eBay while drunk a few months ago and nearly bought some Poddington figurines signed by him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Jamie And The Magic Torch trending on Twitter. Was he ever tired during the day?

If you don't know the theme tune, I highly recommend a listen: 

I'm trying to remember another theme with a magic piano key, but it's eluding me at the moment.

I'm surprised Mary Whitehouse wasn't up in arms about Jamie and his so-called 'magic torch', especially when its battery leaked all over the sheets.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I'm surprised Mary Whitehouse wasn't up in arms about Jamie and his so-called 'magic torch', especially when its battery leaked all over the sheets.

I think I'm seeing where you were going, ha!

Never mind that, those bell bottomed pajamas were deffo a tripping hazard!

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Various reports on the Twittergabber that Theresa Plummer-Andrews, executive producer on The Animals Of Farthing Wood and Bob The Builder, has died.

Also on Pingu and Postman Pat, in fact her work on kids' TV from the 1990s is extensive: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0687664/

How about this source for Theresa Plummer-Andrews, @Ulitzer95https://www.animationmagazine.net/people/passings/influential-british-animation-producer-theresa-plummer-andrews-has-passed-away/

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Various reports on the Twittergabber that Theresa Plummer-Andrews, executive producer on The Animals Of Farthing Wood and Bob The Builder, has died.

Also on Pingu and Postman Pat, in fact her work on kids' TV from the 1990s is extensive: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0687664/

So...basically my entire childhood? (Though I'd argue Bob the Builder was probably *just* 2000s). Loved The Animals of Farthing Wood when I was young. And Pingu and Postman Pat were both staples too. They don't make 'em like they used to...ya da ya da ya da...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Thanks YW. I used this source in the end as it gives a specific date (31 Aug). This gives a birth month/year of May 1944.

I've also submitted Ian Gardiner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Rick Jones, either a pick or a sub for me last year or the year before, Yoffy from Fingerbobs, reportedly dead: 

My first real TV hero. I can't tell you how sad I am to hear this. RIP.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429120/

Oh I was just thinking about him the other day, and was surprised he was coming up to 85. 

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

Oh I was just thinking about him the other day, and was surprised he was coming up to 85. 

Start thinking about some of my current picks. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Rick Jones, either a pick or a sub for me last year or the year before, Yoffy from Fingerbobs, reportedly dead: 

My first real TV hero. I can't tell you how sad I am to hear this. RIP.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429120/

Sad news, though I was frightened of the scampi when I was a child. 

• Like 4

Seems a bit obvious to say 'another part of my childhood gone' but... I loved Fingerbobs, it was such a simple premise but Yoffy/Rick Jones brought it to life. RIP.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Seems a bit obvious to say 'another part of my childhood gone' but... I loved Fingerbobs, it was such a simple premise but Yoffy/Rick Jones brought it to life. RIP.

Are you Kay Burley? :sherlock:

47 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Sad news, though I was frightened of the scampi when I was a child. 

Never really engaged with Scampi.

The seagull I just thought was awesome.

• Like 1

Rick Jones' widow takes to Twitter to advise of his cause of death: 

So sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/08/2021 at 15:44, msc said:

SNIP

Alan Hawkshaw - composer of the Grange Hill theme (also the Countdown theme). born 1937.

Alan Hawkshaw decomposing: