Lord Fellatio Nelson

Play School - Play Away - Childrens TV

4 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

How come they didn't invite Rod along for a threesome? Or is that against the pre-watershed rules?

COVID rules, different bubble.

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

The years haven't been very kind to Lesley Judd. 

I thought she looked ok for a 74-year-old who never played the fame game post-PB. She saw off a couple of her four hubbies, and possibly enjoyed some mild (for BP standards) hanky-panky with would-be lothario 'Blue' Peter Purvert, while being disappointed that Noakes never said 'get down Shep' to her.  Her and Pete seemed like good mates on Pointless too. 

14 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I thought she looked ok for a 74-year-old who never played the fame game post-PB. She saw off a couple of her four hubbies, and possibly enjoyed some mild (for BP standards) hanky-panky with would-be lothario 'Blue' Peter Purvert, while being disappointed that Noakes never said 'get down Shep' to her.  Her and Pete seemed like good mates on Pointless too. 

I thought she looked okay too, old yes but not ill. That was bloody awful dress she was wearing though.

Peter Harris, the first director of Tiswas and creator of some of the more anarchic aspects, has died.

He also brought us The Muppet Show & Bullseye

• Like 2

Lady Valerie Solti, widow of Sir Georg, has died aged 83. She was originally Valerie Pitts, Play School presenter for four years.

• Like 4

Former presenter on the BBC, writer and actor in Whirligig (for those old enough to remember), the man who was uncredited as songwriter on Tulips From Amsterdam (because he adapted it from the original) and the man who brought Countdown to the UK, Marcel Stellman, reportedly dead: 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0826368/

Yes, a famous Belgian too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Former presenter on the BBC, writer and actor in Whirligig (for those old enough to remember), the man who was uncredited as songwriter on Tulips From Amsterdam (because he adapted it from the original) and the man who brought Countdown to the UK, Marcel Stellman, reportedly dead: 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0826368/

Yes, a famous Belgian too!

Mirror obit.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2018 at 17:30, Sir Creep said:

It makes me sad I don't know most of your characters/people on your list ....  we just grew up with different shows, but they were still our immersion into TV and all that.  I hold these people (below) as important in my life as I'm sure you do yours.  Here's a quick list from us Yanks that we can attach to yours.  Granted, it's all about time and space, and the children's shows I grew up with (on a black and white tv tyvm) are certainly not those of the 1990s e.g.   Some names you'll obviously know.

• Joan Ganz Cooney - co-creator Sesame Street (SS) - b 30/11/1929 - 88
  • Lloyd Morrisett Jr. - co-creator SS - b 2/11/1929 - 88
  • Caroll Spinney - Oscar the Grouch (SS) - b 26/12/1933 - 84
  • Bob McGrath - 'Bob' (SS) - b 13/6/1932 - 86
  • Loretta Long - 'Susan' (SS) - b 4/10/1938 - 79
  • Emilio Delgado - 'Luis' (SS) - b 8/5/1940 - 78
  • Jaime Sanchez (Rodriguez) - (SS) - b 19/12/1938 - 79
  • David Nowell - Mr. McFeely on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood (MRN) - b 24/11/1938 - 79
  • Joe Negri - Mr. Handyman (MRN) - b 10/6/1926 - 92
  • Ted Nichols - theme etc composer, Banana Splits - b 2/10/1928 - 90
  • Don Sandberg - writer, Banana Splits and The Bozo Show - b 1930 - abt 88
  • Richard Donner - Director/producer, Banana Splits - b 24/4/1930 - 88
  • Billie Hayes - 'Witchiepoo' on H.R. Pufnstuf - b 5/8/1932 - 86
  • Paul Dooley - Co-creator of The Electric Co (TEC) - b 22/2/1928 - 90
  • Bill Cosby - TEC - b 12/7/1937 - 81
  • Rita Moreno - TEC - b 11/12/1931 - 86
  • Morgan Freeman - TEC - b 1/6/1937 - 81
  • Rod Coneybeare - puppeteer, The Friendly Giant (a Canadian show us Detroit kids got to see) - b 31/3/1930 - 88
  • Judith Lawrence - 'Casey' and 'Finnegan', Mr. Dressup (another Canadian show) - b. unk but she's gotta be 80+.
  • Arte Johnson - Presenter on the Hot Fudge Show (a Detroit area only classic!) - b. 20/1/1929 - 89

Let me put Rip Taylor back seeing as msc referred to his entry (I otherwise decided to delete cartoons, kinda getting away from topic imho). 
RIP TAYLOR - Sigmund & the Sea Monster (a cartoon) - b. 13/1/1935 - 83

Billie Hayes dead with a QO: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/billie-hayes-dies-wicked-witchiepoo-202333517.html

DDP Pick.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Interesting that the obit says she was 96. Wiki had her DOB as 1932, as do most of the other hits on Google (though no credible sources). 

IMDb has 1925 in Illinois. The official records tend to agree.

So 5, rather than 6 points on the DDP for whoever picked her.

Edit: Hollywood Reporter confirm her DOB as Aug 5, 1924.

• Like 1

Twitter going crazy reporting the death of Freddy Marks, of Rod, Jane and Freddy fame.

My favourite of the trio. If true, thanks for the memories of those times escaping from the reality.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Twitter going crazy reporting the death of Freddy Marks, of Rod, Jane and Freddy fame.

My favourite of the trio. If true, thanks for the memories of those times escaping from the reality.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-freddy-marks-dead-rainbow-24202704

It's true sadly  .Confirmed in the national newspapers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

RIP

Rod, Jane and Deady

• Haha 1

He only married Jane 5 years ago. What a shame. 

On 20/02/2021 at 17:59, msc said:

contestants Peter Purves, Lesley Judd, Jane Tucker, Freddy Marks, Dave Benson Phillips, Mike Read, Kirsten O'Brien and Terrence Hardiman.

Purves and Hardiman in 80s but looked good for it last I saw them.Jane and Freddy ones to watch for imo.

I really need to pay more attention to my own bloody forum tips... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, msc said:

I really need to pay more attention to my own bloody forum tips... 

I must admit for the second time this week I am surprised that nobody has picked a particular person  that has died in any  Derby Dead Pool team. I actually  was convinced someone had picked him  and  thought I'd seen his name on the list but when I checked no he was unpicked.

Was he picked by somebody last year? Perhaps that is behind my confusion?

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I must admit for the second time this week I am surprised that nobody has picked a particular person  that has died in any  Derby Dead Pool team. I actually  was convinced someone had picked him  and  thought I'd seen his name on the list but when I checked no he was unpicked.

Was he picked by somebody last year? Perhaps that is behind my confusion?

Never picked by looks of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Just like Eurovision, no marks. ;)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, msc said:

Thanks for clarifying. 

I myst have seen him recommended  in a thread on ideas for picks and just assumed someone would pick him because Rainbow was such a phenomenon/ part of the zeitgeist. 

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just like Eurovision, no marks. ;)

I'm still smarting from Saturdays eurovision!

I would also have been happier if Switzerland or Sweden  or Malta  had won.

A few others surprised me because they didn't score better. Notably  Spain, Norway and  Iceland. The scoring  can be baffling at times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm still smarting from Saturdays eurovision!

I would also have been happier if Switzerland or Sweden  or Malta  had won.

A few others surprised me because they didn't score better. Notably  Spain, Norway and  Iceland. The scoring  can be baffling at times!

I thought Norway would do better but it did not get much a response from the national juries. Were they punishing people who were singing languages in English rather than a native tongue?

• Like 1

IMDB surprisingly light on Mike Amatt who has died: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15552373/ex-bbc-presenter-mike-amatt-mop-and-smiff-dead/

Composer and actor who did the music for some of Jossy's Giants and also Forget Me Not Farm, which he also appeared in, he was also the creator of and performed in the kids' cartoon series Mop And Smiff - which characters were voiced by deadpooling favourites Timothy West and Prunella Scales!

The report says he was in Playschool, but that might have been a lot later than my time, as I have no recollection of him.

• Like 1

Jamie And The Magic Torch trending on Twitter. Was he ever tired during the day?

If you don't know the theme tune, I highly recommend a listen: 

I'm trying to remember another theme with a magic piano key, but it's eluding me at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Jamie And The Magic Torch trending on Twitter. Was he ever tired during the day?

If you don't know the theme tune, I highly recommend a listen: 

I'm trying to remember another theme with a magic piano key, but it's eluding me at the moment.

So who’s died? 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So who’s died? 

Common humanity, a sense of fun and pleasure obviously...but trolling is still alive and well I see.

Also a reminder that afaik Brian Trueman is still going and an eminently obitable pick.