The Unknown Man

The 6th death of 2016

Who will be DL 2016's sixth hit?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't even know who the 5th one is, never heard of him but this time I voted for Chirac......

Quick question....is 5 hits a lot for 2 and a half months or is this normal here or were there more hits in the past in 3 months?

• Like 1

I don't even know who the 5th one is, never heard of him but this time I voted for Chirac......

Quick question....is 5 hits a lot for 2 and a half months or is this normal here or were there more hits in the past in 3 months?

You beat me to it. I voted for Chirac as well, simply because I haven't picked him before.

5 hits is really quite good inded but I will let our detailed number crunchers give you more insight as to where we are compared to this time in previous years.

I did some stats somewhere once myself about our average hit rate percentages that you can probably find if you search for it.

• Like 1

It's the fastest start in Deathlist history, beating the previous record (2001) by nearly a week.

• Like 1

Havelange will be having a lunch in heaven very soon!

Crowe was the medical necessity, but otherwise The Reaper has really been taking some - pardon the pun - dead weight off the ongoing DL regulars, FINALLY. Ages 97-95-95-94. I think he's found his sweet spot on the bat, as it were.

Richard Adams.

SC

Edit: Further numerological proof who it may or may not be:

The five deaths so far, if you add up the 'rank / last years rank / appearances' -- the last digits are all different. 3 (Crowe) 4 (Vigoda) 7 (Reagan) 8 (Boutras-Ghali) 9 (Michelmore). So it's not going to be ANYONE with those numbers. The Reaper is playing games in 2016. Only Sir Creep figured it out and foiled The Reaper's fun.

Richard Adams is a 6.

Well, Peter Sallis, I mean like obviously, 'cause we were just talking about Michelmore on Sallis' thread

The "eeny" elimination game left us with Fidel Castro. So that's not one I'm expecting to win, but I've clicked on him in the poll anyhow.

Billy Graham

It won't let me vote as it says I already have voted despite it being a new thread??

But anyway I'm gonna go for Muhammad Ali for no other reason than he seems to have outlasted (by quite a few years) a few people in my own personal life who had parkinsons disease and I feel there's a good chance his "good fortune" may not last much longer.

As a sidenote I feel Dame Vera Lynn may be the type of person who's successful by a degree of a forceful determined personality to reach 100 before they give up /lose the battle and that ain't until next year.

Crowe was the medical necessity, but otherwise The Reaper has really been taking some - pardon the pun - dead weight off the ongoing DL regulars, FINALLY. Ages 97-95-95-94. I think he's found his sweet spot on the bat, as it were.

Richard Adams.

SC

Edit: Further numerological proof who it may or may not be:

The five deaths so far, if you add up the 'rank / last years rank / appearances' -- the last digits are all different. 3 (Crowe) 4 (Vigoda) 7 (Reagan) 8 (Boutras-Ghali) 9 (Michelmore). So it's not going to be ANYONE with those numbers. The Reaper is playing games in 2016. Only Sir Creep figured it out and foiled The Reaper's fun.

Richard Adams is a 6.

This eliminates a few very popular picks such as Zsa x2, Bhumibol, and Kirk Douglas, who are either a 3 or 9, already taken. Billy Graham, OTOH, is a 1. Now THERE'S a name to look at. It's either him or Adams. :skill2:

---------------

OK I've now done my homework

Again, the numerals 3-4-7-8-9 are taken, thus no one with that numeral is possible.

3: (Crowe) Gabor, MTM, Carter, Pirsig, Kissinger, Greaves

4: (Vigoda) LzSmith, Banks

7: (Reagan) Interestingly she's the only one out of fifty names!

8: (Boutras-Ghali) de Cuellar, Norden, Ali, Gascoigne

9: (Michelmore) de Havilland, Adulyadej, KDouglas, CJames, Noakes

That leaves the following, but before we get there, The Reaper has made it CLEAR he is only taking folks 94 or older (unless gravely ill -- but we haven't any imo), so I'm eliminating anyone 93 or younger.

0: Prince Philip, Lord Carrington, Stan Lee (Bush, Randi, Domino, Hawking all too young)

1: Havelange, BGraham, Sallis (Gall and Dole too young)

2: None (Joost, Scales, MWalker, Forsyth all too young)

5: VLynn (Chong, Phillips, Piggott all too young)

6: Wouk, RAdams, Lamotta (Ellis, Castro, Tutu, Campbell, Chirac all too young)

So there you have it, the list of 10 real possibilities, the rest are lagniappe. If you've chosen someone outside of the bold names, you are bloody wrong.

SirC

I choose Robert M Pirsig. Because I can.

• Like 1

Still never got this right, so gone for Carrington.

Sticking with Richard Adams

I don't give up on Zsa Zsa.

I too have gone for Peter Sallis. It must surely be his time.

rBG

LOL ok what news story have I missed..... 3 Ali votes in a row. mm hmmm 20 minutes apart no less.
Nothing odd about that!

SirC