RoverAndOut

The Vicar Of Dibley

Terrific character actor.

• Like 1

via @BERGCASTCalling on the twitter,

Trevor Peacock was a multi-talented legend and had one of the greatest credits in television history, from Nigel Kneale’s The Year of the Sex Olympics (1968).

• Like 1

He was also a credited songwriter back in the day.

Sad day:(but I'll take the hit.

Yes Yes Yes.........

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

Quite shocking that a show that was made relatively recently has two thirds of its main cast dead. That's worse than the main protagonists of Fawlty Towers 3/4 still alive which was 20 years earlier. Not a lot better than Dad's Army now either (2 main actors versus 3 for Dibley). It's the Are You Being Served of the 1990s. 

Down to 3 now and the youngest out of them is 64 this year.

Dawn french 63 - 64 this year

Gary Waldhorn 77 - 78 this year

James Fleet 68 

James fleet 69 in two days ! That's a nice gift off his wife for his birthday.

R.I.P Trevor peacock.

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time, but still sad news

Sad news, the guys comic timing was hilarious.  But was a miracle he survived this long with his various forms of dementia.

On a side note James Fleet being 69 is crazy!  The guy always seemed like he was in his late 20s in the show likewise when we was in Cracker.

On 24/02/2018 at 13:57, RoverAndOut said:

Updated. Seems to be one every two years goes. Expecting Bluthal and Peacock to test that theory in the coming years however.

Looks like Trevor Peacock bucked the system then, one extra year-  sorry to see him go he was hilariously funny

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redrumours said:

He was also a credited songwriter back in the day.

Sad day:(but I'll take the hit.

Yes Yes Yes.........

His songwriting career came as a surprise to me, but given the breadth of his career, maybe it shouldn't have!

• Like 1

Sad loss, updated the master list on the first page. I happened to switch on the start of the final regular episode on Gold a few days ago and it's just a blood bath. Owen, Frank and now Jim gone from the Parish Council, and then back at the Vicar's house up pops Alice. So sad, and shocking they've all fallen so quickly, although I should also remember it's 14 years since the Vicar walked down the aisle with Richard Armitage!

Gary Waldhorn (IMDb), who played David Horton, has died age 78.

Appeared in many other programmes over the years, including The BillHeartbeatBrush Strokes and French and Saunders.

Obituaries: BBCDaily StarDaily MirrorThe SunMetroThe IndependentDaily ExpressThe GuardianDaily Mail

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Gary Waldhorn, who played David Horton, has died age 78.

Sad news, great character and actor, apart from Dawn French and James Fleet there is literally know one left, staggering how many members of the cast of the Vicar of Dibley have died in the last 5 years or so. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Sad news, great character and actor, apart from Dawn French and James Fleet there is literally no one left, staggering how many members of the cast of the Vicar of Dibley have died in the last 5 years or so. 

Just what I was thinking. they're the only two out of the main cast remaining. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Always amazes me that in real life there was only 9 years between James Fleet and Gary Waldhorn

Yeah just noticed that when looking on Wiki a few minutes ago, Hugo and David looked like they really could of been Father and Son looks and age wise thought there was at least 20 odd years between them, surprised they were relatively close in age compared to what I thought. 

7 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Always amazes me that in real life there was only 9 years between James Fleet and Gary Waldhorn

I saw James Fleet play Sir Andrew in a production of Twelfth Night where Richard Wilson played Malvolio but  I also saw Roger Lloyd-Pack play the same role only months before he died. Stephen Fry was Malvolio on that occasion

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Gary Waldhorn (IMDb), who played David Horton, has died age 78.

Bloody hell, does the Dibley Massacre know no (no no no no) end? Thought we'd probably have a few years respite after Trevor died, but no! Still a cracking watch whenever it's on.

• Like 2

So the cast and supporting characters still alive:

Main

• Dawn French - 64
  • James Fleet - 69

Other supporting characters according to Wikipedia who have appeared in two or more episodes

• Patricia Kane - 93
  • Clive Mantle - 64
  • Simon McBurney - 64
  • Peter Capaldi - 63
  • Richard Armitage - 50
  • Keeley Hawes - 45

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1