ImNotHades

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

Is "                           " pronounced "the thread formerly known as ABBA"?

So, a blog site has thoughtfully shared free downloads of their entire catalogue today. Tbh none of that excited me and of the various compilations included I already had a copy of the heavy metal tribute. But, I did help myself to the Gregorian Chant reworkings of their finest moments

Link: http://revolutionrock012.blogspot.com/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, a blog site has thoughtfully shared free downloads of their entire catalogue today. Tbh none of that excited me and of the various compilations included I already had a copy of the heavy metal tribute. But, I did help myself to the Gregorian Chant reworkings of their finest moments

Link: http://revolutionrock012.blogspot.com/

I may be indebted to you all day today.  I also have most of what I'd want ABBA-wise as well, but certainly a few I can grab.
SC

EDIT: No longer indebted.  The links are sketchy.   GL to you if you download from them.  I'll steer clear.

On 27/10/2016 at 05:33, Davey Jones' Locker said:

The Abba comeback is launching tonight with a promotional special on Aussie TV. In the ads for the special, they all seem to be in wonderful health (naturally). I'll have a look at it.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of the four old Swedes for you:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTz0D6M6IU4Rs46DxNaqC

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

The Abba comeback is launching tonight with a promotional special on Aussie TV. In the ads for the special, they all seem to be in wonderful health (naturally). I'll have a look at it.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of the four old Swedes for you:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTz0D6M6IU4Rs46DxNaqC

Their music acts as an Excellent tool to calm child passengers in cars. Turn on either Their Best Hits CD or the Mama Mia CD. Keeps the kiddos quiet and calm. A god-send to Grand Parents. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Their music acts as an Excellent tool to calm child passengers in cars. Turn on either Their Best Hits CD or the Mama Mia CD. Keeps the kiddos quiet and calm. A god-send to Grand Parents. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SundayNightOn7/status/1046323820456480768

• Thanks 1

Happy 73rd birthday, dear Frida! :birthday::wub:

• Like 3

Unbelievable but true, the lovely ABBA-icon Agnetha is getting 70 today! Congratulations! :birthday:

• Like 3

Are they ever going to get round to releasing this new music? If ever we could do with a lift. 

2 hours ago, Book said:

Unbelievable but true, the lovely ABBA-icon Agnetha is getting 70 today! Congratulations! :birthday:

How many bands with 4 plus members have all made it to 70 plus? Must be fairly rare. 

18 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Are they ever going to get round to releasing this new music? If ever we could do with a lift. 

Hopefully not. Personally I don't need new ABBA-songs. And I don't want them to disassemble themselves and their iconic status to be scratched.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

How many bands with 4 plus members have all made it to 70 plus? Must be fairly rare. 

Fleetwood Mac?

10 minutes ago, joneseuro said:

Fleetwood Mac?

Sadly (as his career ending so young to demons was a waste of amazing talent) Danny Kirwan disagrees with this.

Although we are in a world where the original Black Sabbath quartet have all reached 70. Somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

The American Breed all got to 70+ (though one is now dead). Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young all made it to 70.

Not a band as such but how about Simon and Garfunkel.

7 hours ago, Book said:

I think she was my first crush as a boy.Happy birthday ! 

On 05/04/2020 at 08:22, Deathrace said:

Golden Earring, at least the core four members who’ve all been playing together for the last 50 years. Dunno about some of the ancillary members who came and went, but all of them who were notable enough to get Wikipedia articles are 70+ and still alive.

The original members of Slade (the 1966-92 lineup) are all still alive. Jim Lea turned 70 last year, and he’s the youngest.

The classic lineup of Genesis is almost there, if they can all hang on for the next 10 months. Banks, Hackett, and Gabriel have all turned 70, and Collins and Rutherford are both 69.

On 06/04/2020 at 00:10, CoffinLodger said:

I think she was my first crush as a boy.Happy birthday ! 

"One of us is ugly, one of us is cute

One of us I'd like to see, in her birthday suit"

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DemBones said:

Golden Earring, at least the core four members who’ve all been playing together for the last 50 years. Dunno about some of the ancillary members who came and went, but all of them who were notable enough to get Wikipedia articles are 70+ and still alive.

The original members of Slade (the 1966-92 lineup) are all still alive. Jim Lea turned 70 last year, and he’s the youngest.

The classic lineup of Genesis is almost there, if they can all hang on for the next 10 months. Banks, Hackett, and Gabriel have all turned 70, and Collins and Rutherford are both 69.

Let's call it the original line-up rather than the classic line-up, unless you want to go all Saxondale

On 05/04/2020 at 13:22, Deathrace said:

Amazingly, all the Rolling Stones who made (arguably) their best stabs at a great album - Sticky Fingers (1971)  and Exile on Main Street (1972) - are still breathing

About as likely to reform in that line up as ABBA, mind

Post this then shut the fuck up bc it's getting to be a bit too anorakish but...

Was doing some research on two hit wonders Bern Elliot and the Fen Men today. 

So far as I can see all five of this mob - who were pretty much done by 1964 are still alive

Obit chances other than Bern would be marginal at best

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Post this then shut the fuck up bc it's getting to be a bit too anorakish but...

So far as I can see all five of this mob - who were pretty much done by 1964 are still alive

Not at all.

It is nice to learn something once in a while, even if thick twats like me don't always take it in.

Your posts are the glue that holds it all together, in the way it all works here.

Ta.

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Odd timing. I added them to page one of the UK Singles Chart thread only yesterday. I found the same thing. They're all alive (unless any of them have died off radar).

The Moody blues all made 70. If Don Rathbone is still alive or made 70, then so did the original Hollies line up.