ImNotHades

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Seekers are all still around aren't they?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Odd timing. I added them to page one of the UK Singles Chart thread only yesterday. I found the same thing. They're all alive (unless any of them have died off radar).

Possible mind, it's not like the survivors will be greatly bothered for selfies in ASDA is it?

15 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Not at all.

It is nice to learn something once in a while, even if thick twats like me don't always take it in.

Your posts are the glue that holds it all together, in the way it all works here.

Ta.

Aw, LFN - thanks again and that tenner is in the post - I'd spray it and leave it in the sun for a day, just in case!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Handrejka said:

I hope so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Aye, just checked on Wikipedia and the hit-making sixties line up are all around. Still think it more remarkable that the Rolling Stones' second hit making line up (i.e. Mick Taylor instead of Brian Jones) are all alive considering two of them were smackheads at different times. With all due respect to The Seekers substance abuse wasn't a big problem on their tour buses. 

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Possible mind, it's not like the survivors will be greatly bothered for selfies in ASDA is it?

Yeah exactly. I've come to assume that a lot of members of obscure chart bands have probably died off radar.

If the long time drummer of Gerry and the Pacemakers and Evans of Zager and Evans can die without it hardly going noticed, it's not all that surprising to think many are just not reported at all.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yeah exactly. I've come to assume that a lot of members of obscure chart bands have probably died off radar.

If the long time drummer of Gerry and the Pacemakers and Evans of Zager and Evans can die without it hardly going noticed, it's not all that surprising to think many are just not reported at all.

Fan sites can be useful - I've been around music and music fans most of my working life and only once ever met a die-hard Bern Elliot fan (i.e. he was genuinely excited to get a prime vinyl reissue of their stuff in the eighties). 

On 05/04/2020 at 13:22, Deathrace said:

How many bands with 4 plus members have all made it to 70 plus? Must be fairly rare. 

Against all odds, Black Sabbath of course. 

On 05/04/2020 at 14:34, Book said:

Hopefully not. Personally I don't need new ABBA-songs. And I don't want them to disassemble themselves and their iconic status to be scratched.

Maybe I should think about it again, haha! :lol:

94393203_3058622190865778_13254208988863

Translation:

- And what about you in Cologne?
- On my balcony, roasting my nuts in the sun, listening to ABBA! Pleasant for the nerves!

- Yeah, sun! Now that it's just April! And once more no rain! The Summer is frightening me more than the virus ..
- By the way, what about the two new ABBA songs they had promised?
- What?

- No one's talking about that anymore! A new album by ABBA right now, this would keep humanity sweet!
- Probably there'd be peace in Palestine!

- Right, as long as we've got fresh water for our diswasher, the only thing missing are two new songs by Abba! Sagat, stop it!
- Somebody should talk to Björn!
-Absolutely

:D

• Haha 2

Oh, it's even Björns 75th birthday today! :birthday:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Book said:

Oh, it's even Björns 75th birthday today! :birthday:

He's in Sweden - he can head out for a beer!

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

He's in Sweden - he can head out for a beer!

Through being over 70 he will have been told not to.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Through being over 70 he will have been told not to.

A fair point - so being minted he can organize to have a load delivered (even Swedish beer prices are well within ABBA's budget)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ABBA turned up on  my ipod the other evening and I began thinking. Outside of Sweden would the death of King Carl Gustav have a bigger media impact than any single member of ABBA?

@Predictor might have an insight as to what would happen in Sweden.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

ABBA turned up on  my ipod the other evening and I began thinking. Outside of Sweden would the death of King Carl Gustav have a bigger media impact than any single member of ABBA?

Worldwide one of Abba dying would be a bigger story than Carl Gustav but in Sweden I imagine the state funeral etc would make the king's death a fair bit bigger.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2020 at 11:14, Bibliogryphon said:

Hard to say. I think that ABBA is a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its part, at least from a star quality perspective. What I mean by that is that ABBA doesn't have any members that are iconic to the point of their death being talked for days. A big deal, yes, but there are no Bonos or Mick Jaggers or Freddie Mercuries in the group. It's spread out very evenly in the quartet, even though the gals did most of the singing.

Not to mention, the sequential order will have an impact. When the first one goes, it will be a greater deal than than when the second and third one does. The fourth one, however, will likely get the most attention of them all, for being the last surviving ABBA member. Circumstances also play a part: Their ages at the time of their deaths, cause of death, whether it was unexpected or not, etc.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 15:44, Predictor said:

Hard to say. I think that ABBA is a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its part, at least from a star quality perspective. What I mean by that is that ABBA doesn't have any members that are iconic to the point of their death being talked for days. A big deal, yes, but there are no Bonos or Mick Jaggers or Freddie Mercuries in the group. It's spread out very evenly in the quartet, even though the gals did most of the singing.

Not to mention, the sequential order will have an impact. When the first one goes, it will be a greater deal than than when the second and third one does. The fourth one, however, will likely get the most attention of them all, for being the last surviving ABBA member. Circumstances also play a part: Their ages at the time of their deaths, cause of death, whether it was unexpected or not, etc.

Anyone willing to speculate on the order that they go? Will they go in the ABBA name order I wonder? 

49 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Anyone willing to speculate on the order that they go? Will they go in the ABBA name order I wonder? 

BABA!

51 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

They will definitely go in date of death order - from the first one to the last.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:
1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

They will definitely go in date of death order - from the first one to the last.

And the Winner Takes It All.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

And the Winner Takes It All.

Future DDP team: "ABBA are potentially dying in the wrong order"?

BAABs