ImNotHades

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

Happy 75th birthday,  Princess Anni-Frid, Dowager Countess of Plauen, née Lyngstad! :birthday:

Oops, double post...

Björn's second and current wife, Lena Kallersjö has incurable (chronic lymphocytic) leukemia and has had the cancer since 2003. "Can fall ill and die in six months - or in twelve years"

https://www.svenskdam.se/noje/bjorn-ulvaeus-efter-hustruns-svara-sjukdom--beslutet-for-framtiden/7752476

https://california18.com/bjorn-ulvaeus-wife-seriously-ill-forced-to-make-a-tough-decision/63172021/

41 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

It has to be said Agnetha still looks good 

E-TrNVcVIAIEBOj.jpeg.jpg

Aye fair play to this lot - their sanity, intelligent management of their legend and unfeasibly sizeable wads put a few other "legends" to shame. What's possible if you stay off the marching powder and keep yer ego in check, eh?

Anni-Frid didn't look that great in some studio footage I saw in the news but looks much better in that picture.

All four look great, especially considering that they have all had hard times:

Anni-Frid: Mother died in 1947 when she was two years old, daughter died in 1998 in a car crash, widowed in 1999.

Björn: Wife has had terminal cancer for 18 years.

Agnetha: Mother committed suicide in 1994 and father died a year later, has had depression.

Benny: Both parents died before he was 25 years old, former alcoholic.

No doubt the promotional photos are quite airbrushed but they look as good as any quartet of septuagenarians could be expected to look in the video footage I have seen. 

12 hours ago, arghton said:

Anni-Frid didn't look that great in some studio footage I saw in the news but looks much better in that picture.

All four look great, especially considering that they have all had hard times:

Anni-Frid: Mother died in 1947 when she was two years old, daughter died in 1998 in a car crash, widowed in 1999.

Björn: Wife has had terminal cancer for 18 years.

Agnetha: Mother committed suicide in 1994 and father died a year later, has had depression.

Benny: Both parents died before he was 25 years old, former alcoholic.

Aye, but...

I stand by my comment a few posts above - they've benefitted from keeping their egos under control and avoiding Class A drugs (many acts with a fraction of their record sales fell foul of both and look like shit/have died). Dead pooling wise it would appear there's nowt to see here for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I've always been an opponent of new ABBA music because I didn't want the myth to be destroyed. The fear was unfounded, however, because the new songs are okay after all. But nothing more; could have been B-sides or album tracks. But I like the future look, it's really nice.

9 minutes ago, Book said:

Actually, I've always been an opponent of new ABBA music because I didn't want the myth to be destroyed. The fear was unfounded, however, because the new songs are okay after all. But nothing more; could have been B-sides or album tracks. But I like the future look, it's really nice.

Personally, I'm delighted the new songs are good. They sound older, but the melodies are unmistakably ABBA. And, more importantly for this forum, they sound great to say the youngest is 71.

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Personally, I'm delighted the new songs are good. They sound older, but the melodies are unmistakably ABBA. And, more importantly for this forum, they sound great to say the youngest is 71.

That's right!

Although I'm "Team Agnetha", I think Frida's song is better.

"Don't shut me down" could also have come from Agnetha's last solo album, which was rather out of date ... not bad, but not really great either (partly written and produced by Gary Barlow, I think).

I just checked on ticketmaster how many shows they are playing JUST in London - over 100 between May and September. I don't know how many they are playing elsewhere but that sounds tiring for people in their 70's.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I just checked on ticketmaster how many shows they are playing JUST in London - over 100 between May and September. I don't know how many they are playing elsewhere but that sounds tiring for people in their 70's.

Isn't it the Abbatars not actually them?

33 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Counting the cash will be the hardest part

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Perhaps the Rolling Stones should do avatars now too

What? And stop using the wonderful Spitting Image puppets that everyone has been used to seeing for the last 20 years.

• Haha 2

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/uppsala/en-dod-och-en-svart-skadad-i-centrala-uppsala

Four hours ago: Two dead in Uppsala Concert & Congress Hall around thirty minutes before an ABBA tribute performance (""Thank you for the music", a tribute to Björn & Benny and their music") was supposed to start.

Someone fell from the 7th floor and hit two people, the other one died and the other one is currently in hospital. 

• Shocked 1

Anni-frid does not look well in this picture

There appears to be some curvature of the spine and her smile looks unnatural

50 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

For me Benny and Agnetha both look fantastic for their age. Bjorn is a bit gaunt. 

53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think it is just a bad snapshot.

This one is better for Frida, not for Agnetha ;)

image.png.dd54b3b4de31b80025a1ecf520d5a9ec.png

17 hours ago, Book said:

I think it is just a bad snapshot.

This one is better for Frida, not for Agnetha ;)

image.png.dd54b3b4de31b80025a1ecf520d5a9ec.png

Agnetha still looks great for someone 71. She could easily pass for a decade younger. 

Bloody nora, that new single is horrible, but I'd still rather see it be the Christmas #1 than those sausage roll fucknuts. Not that I care about such things of course; I'll be hunched up alone in bed all Christmas Day looking at the ceiling while listening to Metal Machine Music on repeat. Bah.

Picture from today at their Voyage launch. Anni-Frid doesn't look good and appears to be using a stick. The other three look good for their age. Although Agnetha looks annoyed to be there. 

newFile-2.jpg

• Like 2