Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zorders

Overrated People

20 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, Not bad... I don't quite agree with everything, but... some good calls.

I'm curious now. :)Which ones do you disagree on?

On 02/12/2017 at 23:10, The Quim Reaper said:

YES. The fat-tongued cunt.

his tongued is not as fat anymore

On 27/05/2019 at 16:09, Predictor said:

Charlie Sheen: Up there with Jerry Seinfeld as one of the worst actors to be the star of a tv show as far as acting ability goes. Guy can't emote. He is cool as fuck though.

Ellen DeGeneres: For a talk show host with comedic background, I find myself laughing very rarely at anything she says.

Stanley Kubrick: Overrated for 2001: A Space Odyssey alone. Pretentious as hell.

Pablo Picasso: Cubism is nightmare-inducing stuff and he was one of the major culprits for inflicting it upon mankind.

Carrie Fisher: Nepotism.

Larry King: Has the charisma of a tree trunk! And he's always just asking easy-to-answer questions to his interview subjects.

Landon Donovan: Had an overall shite career in Europe, yet he's heralded among Americans as their greatest ever player ahead of Clint Dempsey and all those bald keepers.

Prince George: Hasn't done anything of note in his life, yet has his own damn Wikipedia page.

P Diddy: Can't rap. Not sure exactly what he's good at?

Emma Watson: Shouldn't have been cast as Belle. Not drop dead gorgeous enough for the part, really.

Mark Cuban: Became a billionaire mostly by luck.

Ringo Starr: You know that guy in school who'd contribute the least in a group assignment, yet get good grades because the others were so gifted? Ringo was that guy. Also, the drum is arguably the easiest instrument to master.

Nelly Furtado: As someone who finds her singing voice to be grating on the ears, 2006-2007 was a dark time in my life...

Jerry Seinfeld: See Charlie Sheen. Minus the 'cool as fuck' part.

you are criticizing them all for having one flaw rather than an overall opinion of them

8 hours ago, runebomme said:

you are criticizing them all for having one flaw rather than an overall opinion of them

Sorry, next time I'll try to be as eloquent as you were when explaining why Michael Jackson, Matt Damon, Theresa May, etc. are overrated. :rolleyes: You are right when it comes to Kubrick, though, I will concede that. He's done some decent stuff, such as Paths of Glory & Dr. Strangelove.

31 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Sorry, next time I'll try to be as eloquent as you were when explaining why Michael Jackson, Matt Damon, Theresa May, etc. are overrated. :rolleyes: You are right when it comes to Kubrick, though, I will concede that. He's done some decent stuff, such as Paths of Glory & Dr. Strangelove.

and a clock work orange and the shining

Carrie Fisher was not bad in star wars

as for Michael Jackson, Matt Damon, Theresa May I feel they are mediocre overall

19 hours ago, Predictor said:

I'm curious now. :)Which ones do you disagree on?

I liked Nelly Furtado, sometimes.

Also Ringo Starr is a very solid craftsman.

And Emma Watson is indeed sufficiently drop dead gorgeous to play any role she chooses.

She's in my 5 permissible infidelities (see 'Friends' episodes passim) along with Jenna Coleman, Madame Cholet, Anna Friel and Katharina Johnson-Thompson (scouse accent notwithstanding).

*referenced 'Friends'*

*blocked*

• Like 2

Greta Thunberg - the Climate Change school strike girl.

Apparently, she's having the biggest impact in the countries that already have the most ambitious CO2-reduction plans, i.e. Germany and Sweden.

The biggest protests are there and here.

But look, these countries alone won't change anything. They could return to the stone age and it won't save the climate.

In the USA, India and China and so on, nobody really cares. 

She'll probably get the Nobel Peace Prize this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Apparently, she's having the biggest impact in the countries that already have the most ambitious CO2-reduction plans, i.e. Germany and Sweden.

But look, these countries alone won't change anything. They could return to the stone age and it won't save the climate.

Just think

If her mum had swallowed or spat it out, she may not have been created.

That would have been one less human who required feeding, keeping warm, being clothed, farting into the atmosphere and, eventually, needing a home to live in before creating two more ( as an average) humans that would require the same again.

Earths resources eaten up just a little bit more.

Maybe she will do the right thing and be sterilised, thus helping to keep the worlds population down, by an example, and saving the world from children who would follow in her footsteps of being a smug sanctimonious cunt.

Could work.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Posters round my neck of the woods:

518936610_MVIMG_20190528_1523452.thumb.jpg.f0b95c0f45243cae2a58a02375dd1903.jpg

Out of frame, there's another one with "GRETA THUNBERG THE JOAN OF ARC OF THE PLANET".

Is she fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Out of frame, there's another one with "GRETA THUNBERG THE JOAN OF ARC OF THE PLANET".

Is she fuck.

Things didn't end well for dear old Joan though...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/06/2019 at 18:41, gcreptile said:

She should get an oscar she's playing her part well.

I find greta to be a pretentious snake oil seller.Is it any different to people who appeared overnight in some town in the olden days preaching end of days or a cure all tonic? THE salesman gives a pitch then he puts on a show, same as XR a nice speech then some blood and weird robbed actors.

I see extinction rebellion as agent provocateurs(arresting and banning orders for those willing to be arrested for this cause and others) and Funneling away some support and attention from the yellow vest movement in the UK. On top of that turning the general public against disruptive protests .

On 22/06/2019 at 20:24, Bibliogryphon said:

Things didn't end well for dear old Joan though...

Even Joan of Arc left a carbon footprint. 

• Haha 7

On 22/06/2019 at 19:17, Clorox Bleachman said:

Is she fuck.

The media are really pushing her. They all fail to mention her famous parents and privileged background. Her families concern ain't for the planet but for securing a financially healthy future for their kids. Like most of us I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dean1991 said:

The media are really pushing her. They all fail to mention her famous parents and privileged background. Her families concern ain't for the planet but for securing a financially healthy future for their kids. Like most of us I guess. 

I was thinking the same thing only yesterday.

• Like 2

Sorry but this Greta Thunberg is becoming more and more of a shill and annoying the more I see her. Her parents have probably worked out they can make more money and get more attention by turning their child into a professional pontificating busybody.  

How long before she starts a 'foundation' I.E tax evasion racket with gullible fools donations. 

Greta gets a lot of press, but IMO she also gets a lot of unjust flack in the media, on social media etc. She's clearly well-informed, passionate and brave. Yes, the media are pushing her a lot. A more rational response to this would be boredom and continued ignorance, not to denigrate her for simply trying to improve the health of the fucking planet. I mean let's not speak of her as some kind of goddess but come on, she just gives a shit about the planet, you can't knock her for that. And I'm sure she realises a lot of her efforts are futile, but she might just help encourage (some) people to make a bit of a difference, even if it's only little changes. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Though I don't agree with her school strikes and such toss. But I agree even less with her being lambasted by horrendous, bullying old trolls like Arron Banks and Julia Hartley-Brewer. I can't help but think her age counts against her. People like the two aforementioned trolls getting wound up because it's a 'kid' doing a lecture, as if someone of a young age would dare speak up for something they believe strongly in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Greta gets a lot of press, but IMO she also gets a lot of unjust flack in the media, on social media etc. She's clearly well-informed, passionate and brave. Yes, the media are pushing her a lot. A more rational response to this would be boredom and continued ignorance, not to denigrate her for simply trying to improve the health of the fucking planet. I mean let's not speak of her as some kind of goddess but come on, she just gives a shit about the planet, you can't knock her for that. And I'm sure she realises a lot of her efforts are futile, but she might just help encourage (some) people to make a bit of a difference, even if it's only little changes. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Though I don't agree with her school strikes and such toss. But I agree even less with her being lambasted by horrendous, bullying old trolls like Arron Banks and Julia Hartley-Brewer. I can't help but think her age counts against her. People like the two aforementioned trolls getting wound up because it's a 'kid' doing a lecture, as if someone of a young age would dare speak up for something they believe strongly in.

If she wasn't a fucking kid she'd not get the platform she's got. She'd just be another wacky fucking hippy. It's a fucking marketing con, that's all there is too it and it's fucking cynical and a distraction from real climate activism like Extinction Rebellion. It's a way of make kids think there doing something wonderful and innovative when in reality there just skipping school for the fucking sake of it - which is what they really care about. The only reason she's doing school strikes is cos if this shit was on a Saturday afternoon half the people who care so much about the fucking planet on a Friday afternoon would be at the local football stadium contributing to it's demise.

It's sickeningly simplistic marketing celebrity shite. 

• Like 3

Another Meghan Markle like attention seeker seeing were the camera is and getting her scowl ready for the camera as Trump walks in. 

You can see it very obviously in the link below if you scroll down seems alot of the media are trying to crop it hmm very strange. :scratchhead:

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-appears-to-mock-greta-thunberg-after-her-passionate-un-speech-11818250

David icke has been right and predicted alot of correct things.  In the video below he mentions he's been writing about it for a long time.  Which is correct and some of the things he talked about have been proposed in the green new deal I.E  A carbon tax.  Icke talked about a complete tracking of you to see what you buy,  travel on and then charge you based on the so called impact you have. 

Also if natural disasters are getting worse because of climate change according to some, we should be  getting ever increasingly Deadlier disasters. Which we aren't. Most are either way before Industrialisation or in early 20th century.  Also there were less people then aswell. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_disasters_by_death_toll

45 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Another Meghan Markle like attention seeker seeing were the camera is and getting her scowl ready for the camera as Trump walks in. 

You can see it very obviously in the link below if you scroll down seems alot of the media are trying to crop it hmm very strange. :scratchhead:

https://news.sky.com/story/

Her parents must be piling up the angry letters from her school for mitching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dean1991 said:

Her parents must be piling up the angry letters from her school for mitching. 

Her parents are very bad people allowing their child to be used as a political pawn.  Oh and it gets better!  Why would you have a acting credit for appearing on the news? She's an actress and a bad one at that. 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm10361418/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

The world has turned into the WWE.  Except it's still real to some people.  The people at the top must be laughing their ass off at how gullible and stupid people are. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 12:25, the_engineer said:

Her parents are very bad people allowing their child to be used as a political pawn.  Oh and it gets better!  Why would you have a acting credit for appearing on the news? She's an actress and a bad one at that. 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm10361418/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

The world has turned into the WWE.  Except it's still real to some people.  The people at the top must be laughing their ass off at how gullible and stupid people are. 

"The people at the top must be laughing their ass off at how gullible and stupid people are."

they probably aren't the laughing types

Dear Greta,

Thankyou for your concern.  Please enjoy your 15 minutes of fame, now please fuck off and let us responsible adults continue to destroy your (and every body else's) future.

PB