Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zorders

Overrated People

Sia is the most pretentious prick cunt imaginable yet she is seen as one if the few good artists right now. Her lyrics are meaningless and over stylised rubbish and her music video are terrible. She had her head so far stuck up her ass that she thinks Shia labouff dancing awkwardly with a twelve year old is art. Ffs

FTFY.

Not that I have even the vaguest notion of who Sia is, but the rest of your comment refers to 'she' and 'her'.

Sia is the most pretentious prick cunt imaginable yet she is seen as one if the few good artists right now. Her lyrics are meaningless and over stylised rubbish and her music video are terrible. She had her head so far stuck up her ass that she thinks Shia labouff dancing awkwardly with a twelve year old is art. Ffs

FTFY.

Not that I have even the vaguest notion of who Sia is, but the rest of your comment refers to 'she' and 'her'.

He may well hate her because, usually, she wears her hair like a veil when performing.

I suspect, if the kid cant see her face, he cant get wood, or summat.

• Like 2

Ridley Scott

Jack Nicholson

Jimi Hendrix

Amy Winehouse

Hendrix, nope

Enjoyed most of Electric Ladyland in the car on the way to work today; only skipped Little Miss Strange (the one he didn't write or sing)

Ok I'll join in, I literally have hundreds of people I gaze at in disbelief at their success.

I give you Malala Yousafzai. Author, Nobel prize winner, touring chat show guest. Her talent? Getting into the UK without crossing in a boat via Turkey. Oh and saying girls should get an education.

If she's that much of an advocate, she shouldn't be preaching/selling books to the converted, she should be touring Pakistan in an open topped car. Not that brave Malala? Thought so.

I just started Malala's book so I'll weigh in on her when I'm finished.

I finished Malala's book a while back and almost forgot to come back to this. Unless the facts of the story are vastly exaggerated or untrue, I cannot see why anyone would want to call her "overrated". She seems to be a courageous young woman who took personal risks to improve women's education in a violent and male-dominated culture. The fact that she now resides in the west would not cause me to doubt her courage, only applaud her prudence.

• Like 2

Ok I'll join in, I literally have hundreds of people I gaze at in disbelief at their success.

I give you Malala Yousafzai. Author, Nobel prize winner, touring chat show guest. Her talent? Getting into the UK without crossing in a boat via Turkey. Oh and saying girls should get an education.

If she's that much of an advocate, she shouldn't be preaching/selling books to the converted, she should be touring Pakistan in an open topped car. Not that brave Malala? Thought so.

I finished Malala's book a while back and almost forgot to come back to this. Unless the facts of the story are vastly exaggerated or untrue, I cannot see why anyone would want to call her "overrated". She seems to be a courageous young woman who took personal risks to improve women's education in a violent and male-dominated culture. The fact that she now resides in the west would not cause me to doubt her courage, only applaud her prudence.

I never read anyone's biography or autobiography, they are generally whitewashes. How did this teenager hold the UN in thrall? What has she actually done of any consequence since she was shot? She doesn't risk her life, she's no heroine, she sits in her comfy home preaching to people who already believe in her schtick. Has she gathered a political movement around her? No. Is she attaching herself to those in her home country, leading by example? No. Is she fundraising and providing schools in her place of birth? Not as far as I know. She's a teenager stating the bleeding obvious - no figurehead, nothing.

I'm assuming though she will be able to put a deposit down on her own house in the UK from the sale of her books. Which is more than can be said for many teenagers today who might also espouse the simple tenet of education for girls around the world.

When she does some good, when she gets some results, she might even qualify for rated.

She's overrated.

IMO.

I never read anyone's biography or autobiography, they are generally whitewashes. How did this teenager hold the UN in thrall? What has she actually done of any consequence since she was shot? She doesn't risk her life, she's no heroine, she sits in her comfy home preaching to people who already believe in her schtick. Has she gathered a political movement around her? No. Is she attaching herself to those in her home country, leading by example? No. Is she fundraising and providing schools in her place of birth? Not as far as I know. She's a teenager stating the bleeding obvious - no figurehead, nothing.

I'm assuming though she will be able to put a deposit down on her own house in the UK from the sale of her books. Which is more than can be said for many teenagers today who might also espouse the simple tenet of education for girls around the world.

When she does some good, when she gets some results, she might even qualify for rated.

She's overrated.

IMO.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion Willy. As I state, I don't know about the veracity of her story. While many autobiographies are certainly whitewashes, not all are. Before you pronounce her overrated, you might want to actually read it. I thought it had a feel of truth and certainly the UN and other entities think so. I am not so quick to condemn people who after years of struggle, decide to do what's best for themselves after fighting injustice. But that's just my take.

Since they're in the news cycle: the Beastie Boys

SC

• Like 1

Agree with what you say. Read the autobiog a while back, and saw the film more recently.

Shocked she's a Justin Bieber fan though. :scratchhead:

U47JLhD.png

Really?

I get 83 results.

Malala treats the people of Scotland with contempt. I rest my case. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36923018

I'm sure that's the reason she canceled her gig. It literally couldn't be anything else. Ffs wily stop looking for reasons to hate people.
  • Like 1

Malala treats the people of Scotland with contempt. I rest my case. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36923018

I'm sure that's the reason she canceled her gig. It literally couldn't be anything else. Ffs wily stop looking for reasons to hate people.

Said she was overrated, not hated, MK. I'd really like to know what her scheduling conflict was...perhaps a better paying gig, something more high profile, a party, time of the month?

I'll tell you what it isn't, though...a trip back home to speak to those young girls she's always banging on about. Oh no, it won't be that. <_<

Said she was overrated, not hated, MK. I'd really like to know what her scheduling conflict was...perhaps a better paying gig, something more high profile, a party, time of the month?

I'll tell you what it isn't, though...a trip back home to speak to those young girls she's always banging on about. Oh no, it won't be that. <_<

In fact I think Malala is really overrated. You can't get a Nobel prize only because you got shot by bearded people.

A disgrace to all those other great men of peace who've won the award like Menachem Begin, Henry Kissinger and Barack Obama.

• Like 5

A disgrace to all those other great men of peace who've won the award like Menachem Begin, Henry Kissinger and Barack Obama.

The Nobel Prize for Peace is completely garbage. And giving it to Obama only because he was black underlined its unusefulness.

If she goes back there they'll kill her also her point is to encourage opprsed people to leave and never go back. Have a better life somewhere else.

If she goes back there they'll kill her also her point is to encourage opprsed people to leave and never go back. Have a better life somewhere else.

Tell me how she does that, exactly? She's not talking to them directly and they aren't going to read about it because allegedly they're not receiving any education.

She won't even travel to Glasgow...and hasn't given a decent explanation for it.

Ah, speaking as a Glaswegian, she doesn't need to come to Glasgow if she doesn't want. When Tony Benn had to cancel an event up here, nobody thought "That bastard!" Ok, he was 88, and dying, and actually my gran thought that, so this analogy dies on its arse. :D Anyhow, it's not someone's fault if their fandom puts them on a pedestal.

• Like 1

Ah, speaking as a Glaswegian, she doesn't need to come to Glasgow if she doesn't want. When Tony Benn had to cancel an event up here, nobody thought "That bastard!" Ok, he was 88, and dying, and actually my gran thought that, so this analogy dies on its arse. :D Anyhow, it's not someone's fault if their fandom puts them on a pedestal.

What surprises me is that she has a fandom at all. She's done absolutely nothing to gain one. :evil2:

What surprises me is that she has a fandom at all. She's done absolutely nothing to gain one. :evil2:

Neither has EL James, and yet, she's a millionaire. Life's a sod like that.

Tell me how she does that, exactly? She's not talking to them directly and they aren't going to read about it because ALLEDGY they're not receiving any education.

She won't even travel to Glasgow...and hasn't given a decent explanation for it.

She doesn't need too. Why do you care so much if she goes to Glasgow or not also lets not forget that ridiculous claim that she did so because she hates Scottish people.

]
She doesn't need too. Why do you care so much if she goes to Glasgow or not also lets not forget that ridiculous claim that she did so because she hates Scottish people.

I don't understand how you process information MK. First you state I hate Malala, when quite clearly I just think she's overrated.

Now you declaim that I say she cancelled because she hates Scottish people. I have not said or suggested that. I have stated however that she has shown utter contempt for her "adoring public" in Scotland by cancelling without giving any good reason whatsoever for it. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable from people in the public eye.

Now cease and desist putting words in my mouth. This is not a work of interpretation, this is a work of what is on the page. Oh and btw, don't try and correct my spelling, you got that wrong too. ^_^

]

I don't understand how you process information MK. First you state I hate Malala, when quite clearly I just think she's overrated.

Now you declaim that I say she cancelled because she hates Scottish people. I have not said or suggested that. I have stated however that she has shown utter contempt for her "adoring public" in Scotland by cancelling without giving any good reason whatsoever for it. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable from people in the public eye.

Now cease and desist putting words in my mouth. This is not a work of interpretation, this is a work of what is on the page. Oh and btw, don't try and correct my spelling, you got that wrong too. ^_^

oh I see don't play word games with me. Treating people with contempt implies hatred also she could have had a good reason like for example she might be dealing with constipation.
  • Like 1

]

oh I see don't play word games with me. Treating people with contempt implies hatred also she could have had a good reason like for example she might be dealing with constipation.

Well, it's her duty to tell us about her bowel movements...that's what the public demands from a Nobel Prize winner.