Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Sumner Redstone

It's about time we open a thread on this popular talking point (no less than 5 threads tyvm).

Looks like the 92-yr old Viacom CEO doesn't have to take a deposition for his competency trial, but what with said trial starting up May 6, how much can the withered man take? Will he see 2017? Could be interesting.

"Whether or not Mr. Redstone, 92, is competent is the subject of a lawsuit filed in November by Manuela Herzer, his former companion and onetime romantic partner."

SC

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/business/media/sumner-redstone-wont-have-to-give-deposition-in-competency-suit.html?referer=http://r.search.yahoo.com/RV=1/RE=1460780163/RB=/RO=8/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nytimes.com%2f2016%2f04%2f15%2fbusiness%2fmedia%2fsumner-redstone-wont-have-to-give-deposition-in-competency-suit.html/RS=%5EADAtx6W8Lw5u1n9QS_cgihY4csgd4g-

• Like 2

Hasn`t he got a dodgy ticker also?

All my posts on him of the past couple of months should be put in here, in my opinion.

Now Sumner Redstone's granddaughter joins the court case that has to rule on his mental and physical abilties:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/sumner-redstone-health-care-lawsuit-keryn-redstone-statement-1201740506/

The twist is that she joins the side of Manuela Herzer, Sumner Redstone's previous physician who wants to be reinstated as his caretaker. That means she does not side with Redstone's daughter Shari and the Viacom company.

The article explains that Shari wanted Redstone to die at home in 2014, but Sumner "interjected: I don't want to die!" which Shari then ignored and repeated "He wants to die at home. Don't call the doctors." She also tried to push for "no resuscitation orders" which Sumner rejected.

Sumner Redstone has removed Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman and Viacom board member George Abrams from the seven-person trust that will determine the fate of both Viacom and CBS in the event of his incapacitation or death.

Redstone, who turns 93 next week, had the power to remove certain members of the trust, including Dauman.

The move gives his daughter, Shari Redstone, who is also on the trust and vice chair of CBS and Viacom, a victory and more certain control to determine the fate of her father's $40 billion media empire.

SC

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YC02K

2DB6338800000578-3286520-image-m-38_1445

Here he is at the premiere of the upcoming Ninja Turtles movie

I think I want to add Sumner Redstone to my 2014 teams.

• Like 1

That's a lot of teams.

IMO he passes more than a passing resemblance to Gary Oldman as Mason Verger. Not a good look.....

2DB6338800000578-3286520-image-m-38_1445

He looks almost as washed up as that franchise.

• Like 1

His new signature is making the news.

june-28-2016.jpg

Does some of that even qualify as blind item? Some of the "disguises" within should be obvious even to a blind fox...

Sumner Redstone now communicates via IPad and three pre-recorded voice messages saying "Yes", "no" and "Fuck You":

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/billionaire-media-mogul-sumner-redstone-uses-an-ipad-to-say-yes-no-and-fk-you/news-story/2bd9f8c9dbbdfc82a16a3f6017b61c00

Otherwise, his health now only allows him to communicate via grunts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

95 years old today! :birthday::birthday2::party::rant:

• Like 2

An outsider journalist was allowed to see him last month:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/the-redstone-saga-faces-another-new-turn

Quote:

"Perez reported that Sumner “was in his living room sitting up right in a chair with pillows between his back and the back of the chair.” He wrote that there was “no evidence of physical neglect or abuse.” But, he continued, “Mr. Redstone obviously was incapable of any meaningful communication or ability to conduct any sort of decision-making regarding directing his care and, in my opinion, incapable of conducting any legal or financial transactions whatsoever. He was not responsive to my questions and incapable of being interviewed for even basic information. It was obvious to me in my lay opinion that absent 24 hour care, he was incapable of taking care of himself and mentally non-responsive"

Media mogul Sumner Redstone is incapacitated and needs a guardian ad litem to protect his interests in a current legal case, a judge determined Monday during a hearing in a long-running court dispute about the health of the controlling shareholder of CBS Corp. and Viacom Inc.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge David J. Cowan once again stopped short of making a determination on whether the 95-year-old billionaire is mentally competent.

Cowan said his ruling on whether Redstone was incapacitated was based on an opinion by Redstone’s doctor on the mogul’s dysarthria, a severe speech impediment. His physical ailment was enough to justify the determination.
SC

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Somehow makes it to 97 today. :old:

Many Happy Returns to the walking corpse man

• Like 3

On 27/05/2020 at 17:33, Kenny McCormick said:

Many Happy Returns to the walking corpse man

zero returne s as it turns out!:mellow:

• Like 1

At last!

*hastens off to my lists to see where I picked him*

*awaits inheritance*

Yeah, right.

Oof my 14th hit, RIP Mr Redstone...

Now this is who Deathlist committee should've had at no.48 when they started running out of ideas, not fucking Bill Gates' dad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Oof my 14th hit, RIP Mr Redstone...

Now this is who Deathlist committee should've had at no.48 when they started running out of ideas, not fucking Bill Gates' dad.

Couldn’t agree with you more, I stand by what I said the other day Bill Gates’ dad surely is one of the worst picks ever!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1