Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Are The Dl Forums Too Hostile For New Members And Sane People?

At the minute admins seem to let trolls run amok round this place and it makes actually talking about death related stuff incredibly difficult. A number of high-profile members have already been scared away by the plague of Zyklon and the Don (geddit?). Can we seriously consider instituted house rules and a team of moderators to enforce them to avoid this situation continuing?

• Like 4

Ban Zorders. Restore peace. That's my plan.

RadGuy for Mod 2016!

• Like 3

At the minute admins seem to let trolls run amok round this place and it makes actually talking about death related stuff incredibly difficult. A number of high-profile members have already been scared away by the plague of Zyklon and the Don (geddit?). Can we seriously consider instituted house rules and a team of moderators to enforce them to avoid this situation continuing?

I think not, let the children run free and express themselves.

• Like 1

Personally I think the metaphorical children in this case should be treat the same way as the Sherriff of Birmingham, USA treat Martin Luther King's child protesters.

Yes I think zorders should be shut down.

Oh the irony of my OP being liked by two of the fucking trolls themselves.

• Like 3

Me? When did I ever do anything? I told Zorders like two times to shut up and that's all. I ain't got time for this shit.

And it's not like I spent weeks calling everybody cunts.

• Like 3

Me? When did I ever do anything? I told Zorders like two times to shut up and that's all. I ain't got time for this shot.

Sorry I got you confused with SC. Although you offered your condolences to a certain someone in the Death In The Family thread so you've clear got a bit of a wicked troll in you somewhere.

• Like 1

No. I wouldn't say so.

No. I wouldn't say so.

I wouldn't say so either but I'm not sure how sane I am.

• Like 5

No. I wouldn't say so.

On a scale of batsht crazy to mildly fruitloopy, i'd rate you at on the verge of a car crash.

No. I wouldn't say so.

I'm not particularly sane and therein may lie the catch! :D

Though it does seem to me, over the years I've been here, the older posters have been fairly welcoming to a whole lot of newer posters: DJL, Bibliogryphon, and Shaun to name but three.

• Like 1

All I'll say is, lately I've become very tired of visiting these forums, dominated as they are of late by certain persons clogging them up with relentless streams of infantile drivel. It's enough to make me long for notaguest...

• Like 2

Personally I think the metaphorical children in this case should be treat the same way as the Sherriff of Birmingham, USA treat Martin Luther King's child protesters.

Erm.. what? Is that Deathray-quality rhyming slang?

All I'll say is, lately I've become very tired of visiting these forums, dominated as they are of late by certain persons clogging them up with relentless streams of infantile drivel. It's enough to make me long for notaguest...

Alright, look..... I'm sorry okay but I only started the "Stupid/funny/cool/etc" thread, you can't blame me for the direction it's been taken in by other users!

williams.jpg?w=640

• Like 6

RadGuy for Mod 2016!

If you ban Zorders, you'll also need to ban KilliersElf as they're one and the same.

Not sure what compelled him to do this, but since he's blocked by me, it seems so pointless.

KilliersElf added you as a friend

Today, 12:56 AM

RadGuy for Mod 2016!

If you ban Zorders, you'll also need to ban KilliersElf as they're one and the same.

Not sure what compelled him to do this, but since he's blocked by me, it seems so pointless.

KilliersElf added you as a friend

Today, 12:56 AM

It must be hell commuting from Minnesota to your offices on Baker Street!

As a relatively new member of the forum, I tend to just ignore a lot of the fairly pointless back and forth. Plenty of the regulars seem thoroughly decent folk, have welcomed me without question and have had some back and forth with me on a variety of topics and I'm certainly not on here to cause any aggro (surely people have better things to do with their life?)

I do have an argumentative streak in me, but choose not to post on some of the more controversial topics because I cba defending my possession for a month. Whether that makes those particular topics 'off limits' to newbies I don't know but as I'm sure I've done nothing to break any of what I'd imagine would be the proposed 'House Rules' it doesn't matter to me either way if they're imposed. :)

• Like 1

Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy. Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy. Too much forums and no deaths make droll a dull boy.

• Like 1

Zorders and Phantom just need to meet up, shag each other and everything will settle down - the sexual tension between them is incredible.

• Like 6

Oooooooo! You hypocrite. Glass houses and all that. Weren't you the one calling me and ( I think) Hein cunts etc as well as other members? We (Admins) had the discussion as I had put a lifetime ban on you. Hein relented and let you back.

• Like 4

:lol:

Fuck sakes deathers, a terrible thread (this from one that's started a few).

The majority of the regulars are of an age that we know we'll never ride through Paris, in a sports car , with the warm wind in our hair. Except baldy lfn apparently. I don't think we have a desire for moderation.

The young shavers on the other hand, want moderation. I take it this is because they were treated like weans in school , and miss a firm hand steering their course in life.

As good a reason for the reintroduction of capital corporal punishment in primrary as any.

Instead of whining like a bitch, why not be more welcoming to new members ?

Just a thought....

• Like 6

I just wonder when everyone became so quick to be offended by everything. Earliest I can think of was late 80s with a girl in my class at college where any comment made by the lecturers she'd deem racist, sexist, ageist or fuck-knows-whatist.

• Like 1

I just wonder when everyone became so quick to be offended by everything. Earliest I can think of was late 80s with a girl in my class at college where any comment made by the lecturers she'd deem racist, sexist, ageist or fuck-knows-whatist.

I genuinely blame the baby boomers.

Although my parents were born earlier , I was a late bairn, so born in the summer of lurve.

All those hippy cunts that were the parents of my schoolmates, instilled that peace shite into some of them, which fits with your timeline.

• Like 2

Eggcellant. This is eggactly what I eggpected. Personally I think everyone should eggercise their freedoms here without having it eggpolde. Personally I think zorders should be banned and everything left the way it is.