Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

Are The Dl Forums Too Hostile For New Members And Sane People?

Zorders and Phantom just need to meet up, shag each other and everything will settle down - the sexual tension between them is incredible.

I think Phantom will have to dress up to look like Zs mother before Z gets sexually aroused.

• Like 8

Right you lot, stop trying to put the fire out with petrol. ( I know I could have used gasoline ).

• Like 7

Are you going to continue to let Phantom lob his lame insults at me from behind the safety-wafety of his little ignore button? Or are you going to warn him too?

Please remember this is a forum not a football match, so we don't "need" bad refereeing decisions to lighten the tedium, the actual action provides the interest here not the interference.

Right you lot, stop trying to put the fire out with petrol. ( I know I could have used gasoline ).

Why don't you just put the fire out with an extinguisher, if we're to follow your analogy?

The majority of the regulars are of an age that we know we'll never ride through Paris, in a sports car , with the warm wind in our hair.

Been there, done that ;)

• Like 5

Why don't you just put the fire out with an extinguisher, if we're to follow your analogy?

Someone fetch the parrot.

The majority of the regulars are of an age that we know we'll never ride through Paris, in a sports car , with the warm wind in our hair.

Been there, done that ;)

Does Dallas - right where Kennedy was shot - count?

• Like 1

Um CarolAnn it wasn't around 12.30pm on 22 November 1963 was it? Excellent redirection if it was - kudos.

• Like 1

Guest Droosy

Zorders may stay, but ban his imaginary friend :referee:

Been there, done that ;)

Not really, but it scans very well.

Been there, done that ;)

But there is a Paris , Texas....

As a relatively new member of the forum, I tend to just ignore a lot of the fairly pointless back and forth. Plenty of the regulars seem thoroughly decent folk, have welcomed me without question and have had some back and forth with me on a variety of topics and I'm certainly not on here to cause any aggro (surely people have better things to do with their life?)

I do have an argumentative streak in me, but choose not to post on some of the more controversial topics because I cba defending my possession for a month. Whether that makes those particular topics 'off limits' to newbies I don't know but as I'm sure I've done nothing to break any of what I'd imagine would be the proposed 'House Rules' it doesn't matter to me either way if they're imposed. :)

I'm with RaO on this one; you can just ignore the turgid trolling - especially when some threads identify themselves as magnets for such shit - and remind yourself there's way worse personal meltdowns disguised as debate elsewhere online. Basically us talking to us about us is almost always a dead end and usually those more intent on such behaviour eventually vanish in search of friendlier homes for such self-indulgence. Reet, I'll avoid this thread going forward, then.

• Like 3

People should be able to express themselves as they wish. I confess that I don't have a clue how you get banned here (I think the term schweinhunt did it at one instance). I believe that everyone should be able to disagree respectfully but that cat is obviously out of the bag, here and in society in general. If you don't like how someone expresses themselves, just ignore them. Usually those people want a reaction and denying it is a good policy. My only problem with the forum is that I don't get enough good information on who's sick and ready to die. More of that and less infantile drivel is my campaign slogan.

• Like 3

Been there, done that ;)

But there is a Paris , Texas....

There is, but my kind aren't welcome there.

No. I wouldn't say so.

I wouldn't say so either but I'm not sure how sane I am.

I'm not particularly sane and therein may lie the catch! :D

Though it does seem to me, over the years I've been here, the older posters have been fairly welcoming to a whole lot of newer posters: DJL, Bibliogryphon, and Shaun to name but three.

I must admit when I started I was a bit nervous and it took me a while to work out who you could joke with and who was a bit scary. However I did try to respect the spirit of the forum and did as a guest in their house not try to dictate how the whole site should be run.

I have had a lot of very interesting conversations and I have learnt a lot.

No. I wouldn't say so.

Though it does seem to me, over the years I've been here, the older posters have been fairly welcoming to a whole lot of newer posters: DJL, Bibliogryphon, and Shaun to name but three.

I must admit when I started I was a bit nervous and it took me a while to work out who you could joke with and who was a bit scary. However I did try to respect the spirit of the forum and did as a guest in their house not try to dictate how the whole site should be run.

So, who is a bit scary then?

• Like 2

No. I wouldn't say so.

So, who is a bit scary then?

I had a couple of run-ins with Tempus Fugit but eventually I realised that everyone got that treatment.

• Like 1

Its actually been quite good to see a bit of proactive modding going on.

At the minute admins seem to let trolls run amok round this place and it makes actually talking about death related stuff incredibly difficult. A number of high-profile members have already been scared away by the plague of Zyklon and the Don (geddit?). Can we seriously consider instituted house rules and a team of moderators to enforce them to avoid this situation continuing?

Some people just have WAY too much time on their hands and waste their youth in front of the computer screen. You know, fresh air every now and then won't kill ya! My last post, before this one, was made last month. That's because I don't take this forum any more seriously than it is (and because my DDP team sucks so bad this year lol).

At the minute admins seem to let trolls run amok round this place and it makes actually talking about death related stuff incredibly difficult. A number of high-profile members have already been scared away by the plague of Zyklon and the Don (geddit?). Can we seriously consider instituted house rules and a team of moderators to enforce them to avoid this situation continuing?

Some people just have WAY too much time on their hands and waste their youth in front of the computer screen. You know, fresh air every now and then won't kill ya! My last post, before this one, was made last month. That's because I don't take this forum any more seriously than it is (and because my DDP team sucks so bad this year lol).

It will if you're severely allergic to oxygen.

I do get plenty of fresh air. I waste the rest of my time in front of a screen.

• Like 1

I've learnt from recent experience that it's quality, not quantity, that entertains the regulars here.

Therefore ! I will try to post once a week,.. if that.

(uncrosses fingers)

• Like 1

I've learnt from recent experience that it's quality, not quantity, that entertains the regulars here.

Therefore ! I will try to post once a week,.. if that.

(uncrosses fingers)

Im afraid most of the quality posting was left back in 2007.

Nowt wrong with peppering shite posts liberally amongst the various threads, I do it all the time.

The trick is not to give a fuck.

• Like 1

I used to visit the forums regularly some years back and posted a fair bit in the beginning. Now I just drop by from time to time without signing in, just to see what's been going on deathwise. The main reason why I stopped posting and paying a regular visit to the site was mainly down to the way people treated each other. Not all people; just a handful, but that handful more or less dominated the forums with their verbal toing and froing, which often descended into outright hostility. It's a case too of certain other members - for want of a better word - ''trolling'' the posts of some. There's a fine line between harmless banter and abuse, IMO, and, yeah, I believe there needs to be more strident moderation. It's one thing if two people get into a disagreement over a particular topic, and a debate in that case is perfectly reasonable, but when someone singles out another poster for mockery and insults for the simple reason that they believe that the posts of the aforementioned are ''boring'' then that, in my opinion, is not acceptable. Just my tuppence worth,...

I used to visit the forums regularly some years back and posted a fair bit in the beginning. Now I just drop by from time to time without signing in, just to see what's been going on deathwise. The main reason why I stopped posting and paying a regular visit to the site was mainly down to the way people treated each other. Not all people; just a handful, but that handful more or less dominated the forums with their verbal toing and froing, which often descended into outright hostility. It's a case too of certain other members - for want of a better word - ''trolling'' the posts of some. There's a fine line between harmless banter and abuse, IMO, and, yeah, I believe there needs to be more strident moderation. It's one thing if two people get into a disagreement over a particular topic, and a debate in that case is perfectly reasonable, but when someone singles out another poster for mockery and insults for the simple reason that they believe that the posts of the aforementioned are ''boring'' then that, in my opinion, is not acceptable. Just my tuppence worth,...

Jesus, you're talking a load of boring shite aren't you.